It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea launches short-range missiles

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

North Korea launches short-range missiles

edition.cnn.com

North Korea launched three short-range guided missiles into the sea off the Korean Peninsula's east coast Saturday, South Korea's semi-official news agency Yonhap cited the South Korean Defense Ministry as saying.

The ministry said it had detected two launches in the morning, followed by another in the afternoon, Yonhap reported.

The missiles were fired in a northeasterly direction, away from South Korean waters, the ministry said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
It seems that North Korea has launched some short range Scud’s that have enough range to hit South Korea in a new test. Apparently such tests of these types of weapons are nothing new however with tensions on the Korean Peninsula seeming to have settled down in recent days there will be a real concern that this new round of tests may cause the tension we saw earlier this year flare up again.

Will be interesting to see what if any international reaction there is to these tests.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
yup, they know all eyes are on them and they are doing to provoke the globe.

NK is actually in a shambles but king jong un continues to pretend to be a new super power in the area despite the famine and horror of the people dieing of starvation within the country, defiantly showing off any and all military might pretending everything is fine.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
What this really means is that North Korea is ripe for invasion. TPTB and the media syndicates are just painting the picture and getting the stage ready so any invasion or occupation seems justified to the masses.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
We're big, we're tough, we won't back down......but we'll send our missiles away from SK just in case they get angry.

Pussies !!!!!!!

edit on 18-5-2013 by MadMax7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Just a wee show of power for the new commander that little kim put into place last week.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Someone explain to me how NK will be a strategic location for food or power or what geographic advantage anyone would gain?

Little Kim is a despot, like many of his predecessors. He reminds me of a selfish boy with shiney toys that wants to show them off to prove how cool and above everyone else he is. He throws rocks at the neighbors houses careful not to break a window, but still be a dam menace.

He is a tick. He is not threatening. He is a diva that wants audience. He doesn't want blood on his big boy uniform. He won't do a thing on purpose to provoke blood shed. Not on an international level.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

"Someone explain to me how NK will be a strategic location for food or power or what geographic advantage anyone would gain?"

The North Korean peninsula is thought to contain an estimated $6 TRILLION dollars in mineral and rare Earth metal reserves. How's that for a reason to invade?

To me this is a perfect geographic reason TPTB wish to invade NK since rare Earth minerals are the new holy grail of our future electronics industries.

www.presstv.ir...
edit on 18-5-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
WWIII Let's get it over with already so I can go back to my instant coffee and recorded television shows.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

I'm with this guy...lets just destroy everything so that we can start over.
I'm getting bored with this rumors of crap going to happen

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

I would agree with your premise wholeheartedly except that my two little ones may find the brave new world a little harsh on there development. Then there are old people, what about them!

My point is be careful what you wish for my friend, you might just get it! LoL

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I think this is a non-story.

When NK actually hits something, then it's a story. Until then I think most of the world is a little bored with these temper tantrums by a spoiled brat who stamps its feet and demands attention.

I'm thinking they were due to have an aid meeting with some other country and they wanted to chuck something in the air to make a point. They try to blackmail, but it's really not working like it used to.

I actually think the world should tell them to f-off. We should do everything possible to defend South Korea, and ignore NK until it does something to actually harm their neighbour.

The moment they do, there should be overwhelming force used to take out the NK regime and flood the country with aid. Then a coalition government of Japan, South Korea, China and the UN should be put in place until the people there are able to democratically elect their own leader.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

During the first gulf war, there was a running joke about the SCUD missle. I named my car scud in its honor because, when. In the driver's seat, you "launched" the car and hope it hit its target. If NK continues to use SCUDs, it will be a looong time before they hit "something"

I personally believe we would be better off to ingnore all of thesemaddening wars and threats of war. Let them kill each other

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Kind of wonder why they waste these missiles. Waste of money by the military to show off seems so screwed up. I think they already know their missiles work. It is more like they are showing their people their hard work with low pay is worth it. I don't even think their leadership realizes that this is not the way it has to be. When did military might become an indicator that a nation was better than another? I think this crazyness has been going on for thousands of years.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
He knows that the regime his father and grandfather set up is the very model of the OWG, NWO, this is what the illuminati want for all humanity (except for themselves, of course). So since he is in the position he is, he has decided to do the world a favour and show up the NWO powers behind the throne by provoking and provoking and provoking them to point that it will become obvious to all that they are never going to attack NK no matter what. He knows they will never destroy the very model of what they want the world to become, so he can just keep on talking big and pissing off the rest of TPTB.

Why is he doing this? Apparently little Kim has found a conscience, maybe he has even found God. When it has gone on long enough, expect him to come out with some "madman's tirade" (that is what the MSM are going to call it) against the conspiratorial illuminati families and how they are really ruling the world, guiding it to their agenda. Then he will resign and live the rest of his life making more money than you can imagine appearing on conspiracy talk shows.

Hey, this is conspiracy website, just thought I would bandy this idea around.

edit on 18/5/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/5/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
LOL well you and i wont be here to see it start over so if thats really what you want...then
\

I say let cooler heads prevail and lets continue to enjoy this life we have been given!

Originally posted by johngrissom

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
you are so predicable nice try

second line

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by SeenAlot

"Someone explain to me how NK will be a strategic location for food or power or what geographic advantage anyone would gain?"

The North Korean peninsula is thought to contain an estimated $6 TRILLION dollars in mineral and rare Earth metal reserves. How's that for a reason to invade?

To me this is a perfect geographic reason TPTB wish to invade NK since rare Earth minerals are the new holy grail of our future electronics industries.

www.presstv.ir...

Ho give it a brake
the ring of fire in northern Ontario has a100 year of corium and rare earth material

your so funny

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

ho here the mother load

www.google.ca...=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=ring+of+fire+ontario&oq=ring+of+fire+&gs_l=hp.1.0.0l4.2989.9173.0.16166.13.12.0.1.1.1.1217.10620.6-9j3.1 2.0...0.0...1c.1.14.psy-ab.bhZUcJo5jrE&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.46751780,d.aWM&fp=8788e13783f23c33&biw=1280&bih=626
edit on 18-5-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

"Ho give it a brake the ring of fire in northern Ontario has a100 year of corium and rare earth material
your so funny"

Rather a strange sense of humor you have there mate but each to their own i suppose.

Guy asked for a geographical reason NK may be occupied/invaded. I gave him 6 trillion reasons, aka $$$.

North Korea's rare Earth mineral reserves are a target just like any other. Whether or not Canada also has vast reserves of "Corium" is neither here nor there im afraid. The USA has vast untapped oil reserves this does not stop them importing 11.4 million barrels per day now does it!

By the way your second link don't work unless your intention is to link the Google search engine. LoL

edit on 19-5-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
dont we test missiles all the time?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join