It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Answer to ALL of your questions, Enlightenment, Oneness...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Not all recognize that they are constantly present watching words and ideas form. The ideas imply there is something other than here and now - like 'tomorrow' and then a scared individual tries to make tomorrow ok now. The mind is trying to solve the problem of 'tomorrow'. But 'tomorrow' is not really happening.

Yeah, that really helps. Go sit in your corner while we come up with tomorrow's answers to today's problems. You know, a real solution - not just philosophical reasons to spend a whole lot of time doing exactly nothing.
edit on 18-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Are you solving the worlds problems?
Is life comfortable for you? Until you can find the source of your own suffering you cannot save the world.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Not all recognize that they are constantly present watching words and ideas form. The ideas imply there is something other than here and now - like 'tomorrow' and then a scared individual tries to make tomorrow ok now. The mind is trying to solve the problem of 'tomorrow'. But 'tomorrow' is not really happening.

Yeah, that really helps. Go sit in your corner while we come up with tomorrow's answers to today's problems. You know, a real solution - not just philosophical reasons to spend a whole lot of time doing exactly nothing.

Is life comfortable for you? Until you can find the source of your own suffering you cannot save the world.

If one does absolutely nothing today, then the now continues and becomes the future, the expected future.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by InTheLight

If one does absolutely nothing today, then the now continues and becomes the future, the expected future.

I don't know what you mean by this statement - would you care to elaborate?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

It'll have to make it short I'm on my way out the door, but I will try to formulate a more in-depth explanation, if this one does not explain it well enough to you.

Again, I will use the word stagnation. Stagnation in one's now, in only one realm, to the exclusion of venturing into other ways of being (learning), such as envisioning the future in a changed state and then taking steps (intellectual and physical action) to make that future vision the now (which it is already the now, but not in the physical (yet)).

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Again, I will use the word stagnation. Stagnation in one's now, in only one realm, to the exclusion of venturing into other ways of being (learning), such as envisioning the future in a changed state and then taking steps (intellectual and physical action) to make that future vision the now (which it is already the now, but not in the physical (yet)).

Now is not stagnate - it is constantly appearing different. Ideas of other times (future vision/past vision) are part of the ever changing scenery that is always appearing presently.

You say 'stagnation in one's now' - it is not 'one's' now (that makes two). Now does not belong to anyone. Now is what is happening. It is all that is happening whether it is realized or not.
edit on 18-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

I think you busted Itisnowagain's word game wide open.

What do we do now?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Nothing needs to be done, or if it does it would be happening NOW and until it does happen then it didn't need to happen up until that moment. You can argue against it, but if you argue with what happened, then you always lose because it's already done, and nothing will change that. You are fully prepared for each moment as it arises. You are whole and complete.

the whole "there is nothing you can do, and no one to do it" movement is a neo-advaita sham. Sure there is only NOW, and everyone is already One and in Oneness, and complete, etc etc.....but the ego, like a veil, facade, still covers all this up.

Buddha spent 7 months ignoring all thought and being aware of just the breath, until his final breakthrough. Jesus received the Holy Spirit and spent 40 days in the Desert, fully letting go, surrendering, and dropping all temptations until completion.

The whole Neo-Advaita "Nothing you can do" sham is on it's way out anyway. The whole purpose of it, is for the ego to give up so a breakthrough realization of Awareness can occur. But it seldom does in most folks and they go right back to lower egoic nature while continuing to justify all sorts of acts from it.

There is soooooooo much more to all this than just telling someone that "there is nothing you can do."

because just as I am a whole being in this NOW, I will be a whole being when that future moment comes to be now, and when that future moment comes to be now, that is the only time I can truly deal with it head-on anyway.

Many are soooo caught up in the deceit of the egoic illusions and drama, that it will take much much more to shift them out of there then a bunch of words. But I commend you on trying and hear where you're coming from. It worked for you and let's just hope at least 1 soul can get something from this

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Nothing needs to be done, or if it does it would be happening NOW and until it does happen then it didn't need to happen up until that moment.

Stagnation seems to be a hobby for you.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

It's not that it cannot do anything with the information, it is because it is unnecessary to do anything with that information.

The only thing that is needed is what's happening now and that is already taken care of. It is just happening.

The impulse will come to plan, but to turn it into over-thinking, obsessing, worrying, is unnecessary; but there is nothing wrong with it, if it happens, then it happens.

reply to post by AfterInfinity

reply to post by arpgme

You mentioned in a post in another thread that you are nothing but "waiting", that "waiting" is what you do.

My response is that it is because of "waiting" that we are in this mess to begin with. We've been "waiting" for someone else to take responsibility, "waiting" for a solution to just present itself, and "waiting" for an excuse to just keep on "waiting".

Your OP reminds me of that post.

Now I realize, if I am a whole being, what is there to wait for?

That is saying that there is something missing within me, that I am not whole.

Each moment has everything it needs, and if it doesn't, then it isn't needed in that moment. I need to do what I am doing, and in this moment I am whole.

I realized that there is no need to worry, obsess, and over focus/think on thoughts about a future problem that doesn't even exist (yet).

I am not saying "don't plan!" . I am saying planning happens in the moment, and if that is already done, what else are you doing by over-thinking and obsessing about a future that isn't here? It adds unnecessary stress...

reply to post by dominicus

Originally posted by dominicus
the whole "there is nothing you can do, and no one to do it" movement is a neo-advaita sham. Sure there is only NOW, and everyone is already One and in Oneness, and complete, etc etc.....but the ego, like a veil, facade, still covers all this up.

There seems to be people moving about, there seems to be actions being done.

I'm not saying "nothing you can do". I am saying "nothing you need to do". Everything is already happening. You are already moving about doing what you are.

"I should be doing this... but I am not"
"I should be doing that... why do I never do so?"
"I will do this when that moment comes..."
"That moment came and I did not do as I planned, crap!"

These thoughts are judgements of non-acceptance, and these thoughts do not change what happened, happens, or will happen. You will do so when you do - or not. Arguing about it in the mind and judging yourself just adds more stress.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

There seems to be people moving about, there seems to be actions being done. I'm not saying "nothing you can do". I am saying "nothing you need to do". Everything is already happening. You are already moving about doing what you are. "I should be doing this... but I am not" "I should be doing that... why do I never do so?" "I will do this when that moment comes..." "That moment came and I did not do as I planned, crap!" These thoughts are judgements of non-acceptance, and these thoughts do not change what happened, happens, or will happen. You will do so when you do - or not. Arguing about it in the mind and judging yourself just adds more stress.

I totally agree. This is just one step on the Path to Wisdom. It is rejecting, or seeing the Mind and it's ups and downs as inherently "not you."

When the Egoic Mind is seen as "Not You" then all sorts of shifts take place within.

There is even a deeper state called Nirvakalpa Samadhi, in which this Egoic Mind that is not you, completely returns to its source, never to return again, leaving only Spontaneous, Being, Living, Doing, completely in the Will of the One.

What your talking about is One way of this happening/ It's called Mahasi Style Noting combined with Neti Neti

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Why make a principle out of something we all do anyways?

Every animal lives in the now. What you're promoting is to stop thinking, to deny thought (insofar as it is concerned with past and future), and to disregard memory, prediction, and human experience in favour of hedonistic and animalistic ignorance.

'Ignorance is bliss' is already the most popular and common philosophy out there.

You cannot deny thought, without thinking. It is never about 'denying' anything. What you deny you place there. You can't deny that which does not exist! Simply see What Is So, and do or be the next thing that works. Don't pollute what you see with your thoughts or predictions or memories; they hold no value. What has happened has happened, it is not happening Now. What has not happened yet does not exist, it is not happening Now.

Thoughtless awareness is infinite bliss, all else is illusory.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I saw an interesting quote, which describes what I realized.

True perfection seems imperfect
yet it is perfectly itself.
True fullness seems empty
yet it is fully present.

The mind has it's own opinions about what "perfect" is. This is always changing. One view of "perfect" can be another view of "imperfect", but to the mind "perfect" is when everything is happening in the way that it wants.

"Perfect" in my view, is understanding that each moment is what it is, but the belief that I am 'lacking' something that I cannot currently get, and that I believe 'should' be here NOW, is only a thought which will bring suffering.

If someone doesn't do what another wants, they are only imperfect to that 'mind' but in reality they are perfectly being themselves. It is all just happening, perfectly.

True fullness seems empty, because one who feels complete is not always 'seeking' to get more and more THINGS, and yet, in life, things will come and go naturally.

reply to post by InTheLight

Life cannot do "absolutely nothing" it is always doing something. Some actions come from lack and seeking, and some just arises naturally.

Again, I will use the word stagnation. Stagnation in one's now, in only one realm

How can one stagnant being one with something that is ever-changing (the now)?

Existence is everything as a whole, "other" realms are still one (connected with everything as whole).

envisioning the future in a changed state and then taking steps (intellectual and physical action) to make that future vision the now (which it is already the now, but not in the physical (yet)).

Change... Control... Aggression... This is a part of seeking. Do you understand that you are a Complete being so as NOW is continually changing you are already prepared and there is no need to obsess over 'longing' ?

edit on 18-5-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

it would just be another 'want' another 'need' another point of view which says that I am not whole so I should worry about the future.
reply to post by arpgme

Whenever I come across these kind of threads I always feel in a similar boat to the poster your response was aimed at. I can understand these insights at a surface level, but to know them personally I would still need to discover it myself--within myself.

But, apparently that is still living in a state where I do not see that I do not need anything in this perfect now. So it is as if I don't even need the understanding I seek and assume I need to remain in the now...the now that I am never not in.
Yea actually, I just confused myself

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakendhybrid
So it is as if I don't even need the understanding I seek and assume I need to remain in the now...the now that I am never not in.
Yea actually, I just confused myself

That's what is confusing you. You are 'seeking' now when you are already in it. If you think of the "past" or "future" you are doing it now.

Right now you are Complete (Whole). When you worry about the future you feel 'lack' that something isn't enough.

But if you refocus on now, you'll see that....

right now you are complete... and right now you are complete... and right now you are complete...

so even if that future moment did come (to be The NOW), you would still be complete and the only thing that could make you think otherwise is the worrying of your thoughts...

People worry about the future, but the only thing you can do now is prepare. Beyond that why worry? You have already done what you can for NOW. You can not change the future but you can change the now, so unless you are actually doing something about it Now (preparing), there is no need to put so much focus on it.

Can't prepare? Then that is ok, too. You've did all you could or couldn't do in this now moment.

Focusing on now will remind you that you are complete (your are not lacking anything) in each moment or Now as it continues to change.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
[double post]
edit on 18-5-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I personally believe that too many people are "seeking" enlightenment, or faith, or whatever it is for them. They put too much emphasis on the seeking aspect that they fail to realize God has already reached down to them. Wholeness is a good example of what God provides, and not necessarily what God actually is. I would say God is all good things. All the bad things on the earth are either not truly "bad," or were caused by humans. Even some things God has done in the past may seem bad to us, but that does not mean they truly are. Anyway, I just wanted to say that instead of seeking, people should just realize what they've already been given, and in that they will find what they wanted in the first place.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
Right now you are Complete (Whole). When you worry about the future you feel 'lack' that something isn't enough.

But if you refocus on now, you'll see that....

right now you are complete... and right now you are complete... and right now you are complete...

so even if that future moment did come (to be The NOW), you would still be complete and the only thing that could make you think otherwise is the worrying of your thoughts...

People worry about the future, but the only thing you can do now is prepare.

If we are already supposedly complete in the now, and now is all there ever is, then where is the need to prepare? Does not a need to prepare imply a state of imagined incompleteness in an imagined future?

(I stated my question rather clumsily, but hopefully the meaning of it can be understood.)
edit on 18-5-2013 by mysticnoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2013 by mysticnoon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

Originally posted by mysticnoon
If we are already supposedly complete in the now, and now is all there ever is, then where is the need to prepare? Does not a need to prepare imply a state of imagined incompleteness in an imagined future?

(I stated my question rather clumsily, but hopefully the meaning of it can be understood.)

The Past and Future cannot be touched unless it's here Now.

There is no "need" to prepare. Preparing just happens. You could do so or not. It doesn't really matter. You are a whole/complete being.

Worrying, longing, obsessing is not the same thing as...
Preparing, focusing on now-actions, and letting the future-worries go.

I can go food shopping and worry about not having food and starving to death the whole time I am there (living in the future - a future which may not even occur as now)

or, I can be in the moment picking out the food and enjoying the time there.

No need to obsess and worry.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

If you embody wholeness, then in that moment the seeking stops. If you understand that you have everything you need in each moment as it arises then you understand that all is connected and all is well. Whatever needs to be done will be done in that very moment.

Nothing needs to be done, or if it does it would be happening NOW and until it does happen then it didn't need to happen up until that moment.

I thought everything you wrote was very good, so I figured I would try and follow your advice.

I embodied wholeness, my seeking stopped, I had everything I needed in each moment, all was well, nothing needed to be done, nothing was happening that didnt need to happen.....and then I got hungry.....and then I died.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Originally posted by ImaFungi

I thought everything you wrote was very good, so I figured I would try and follow your advice.

I embodied wholeness, my seeking stopped, I had everything I needed in each moment, all was well, nothing needed to be done, nothing was happening that didnt need to happen.....and then I got hungry.....and then I died.

The body is born, lives, and dies.
When hunger happens the body can get food to eat or not.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join