It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'How to Catch a Killer - Skilled Psychosis' Album to be released on iTunes next week...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Hey all,

I been working on a new album, which I am releasing to iTunes next week..

First of all, it goes side by side with my autobiography.. called - fondly enough "How to Catch a Killer - Skilled Psychosis" and yes, it is an autobiography, but don't get mixed up with what it could mean...remember, its psychosis - it wasn't real.

Here's the introduction to the book as well as the insert to the physical CD (when i get into doing that)

PS. Rodrigo is me

In 2001 - Rodrigo Soto AKA 'Sirius' suffered a drug induced psychosis, and has used this condition to channel his creativity into music and the arts. For the past 12 years, he has gone in and out of psychiatric wards, forever trying to find the reason behind 'his drugging'.

Blaming his best friend for selling him an '___' based substance that took 3 months to wear off (and 12 years to recover), Rodrigo was spiralling out of control - unable to trust the world, especially believing 'they' were after him in the first place.

Believing the Authorities were after him, all due to an intense case of Psychological Delusion, Paranoia and Psychosis, he discovered that the only solution to his ills, was to turn his greatest weakness into his strength, and thus goes by the alter ego 'Sirius' taking the form of channeling his delusional thoughts in the form of the Arts, specifically in music, but not to mention photography, digital artwork, 3d Animation, Multimedia Video Production, DJ'ing, and last but not least - story telling.

Rodrigo believes that an individual knows their own worst trait more than anything else in the world, and that they should channel this weakness into something positive, in his case... music.

The Album "Skilled Psychosis" works together with his autobiography - It is an allegory of 12 years of experiences, telling a story from track 1 through to the last track, a progression of his life and musically created for the intended experience.

Using creative writing skills to paint a picture of a factual, and exciting life lived in Psychosis, he intends to let the world know, that schizophrenia is a symptom of a difficult to understand condition - not a 'Mental Illness'.

He wants to educate those wanting to know more about how someone could believe they are "The Devil" or "The Anti-christ" or why they may believe "The World is After Them"............or even to believe...that they may have unknowingly killed someone - intense delusional disorder.

Safe to say, he wants to educate this through his upcoming autobiography - and through music.

Rodrigo Soto

So to the music...

Soundcloud

below are all the social media aspect connected to the music and book...

twitter.com...
www.facebook.com...
new.myspace.com...
reverbnation.com...
siriusankh.tumblr.com...

There's a song called "Abovetopsecret" and its HERE

Would love your opinion on this particular track... HERE

Ok, off to sleep, its been a big day...

edit on 13/5/18 by Im a Marty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

Congrats on your book and music. Amazing that you have been able to pull this off. I want to wish you best of luck with both endevors. The cover of your book has some cool artwork as I am sure your CD does as well. Incredibly story from what I can tell. Thank you for sharing.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Can't really add much to your thread but I liked the music a lot, very professional sounding and well put together. I preferred the ATS track to Frug Induced Psychosis, but they all sound good really.

Good luck with this, it sounds like quite the concept album/book.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Can't really add much to your thread but I liked the music a lot, very professional sounding and well put together. I preferred the ATS track to Frug Induced Psychosis, but they all sound good really.

Good luck with this, it sounds like quite the concept album/book.

Frug? Omg, spelling mistake, its supposed to be 'Drug induced Psychosis' lol

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold

Congrats on your book and music. Amazing that you have been able to pull this off. I want to wish you best of luck with both endevors. The cover of your book has some cool artwork as I am sure your CD does as well. Incredibly story from what I can tell. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you for your kind words

new topics

top topics

join