It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of Colorado sheriffs file suit against new gun laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Majority of Colorado sheriffs file suit against new gun laws

usnews.nbcnews.com

Sheriffs in Colorado filed a federal lawsuit Friday ahead of the implementation of new state gun laws that broaden background checks and limit the size of ammunition magazines, saying that the bills would be nearly impossible to enforce.

The laws "severely restrict citizens' rights to own, use, manufacture, sell, or transfer firearms and firearms accessories," the sheriffs said in their complaint in the U.S. district court.

"This is a bipartisan effort," said Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith. "These are Democratic sheriffs and Republican sheriffs who came together."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
A ray of hope. I'm flabbergasted, as every cop I've ever talked in such hypothetical, in 2 different states, it seems, supported gun restrictions.

Perhaps the Boston Martial Law Madness scared the poop of of them too? I might take this as qualitative evidence.

I'm now predicting that Denver will be a top slot target for the 2016 GOP/RNC presidential campaign salutes. Hurry, gotta get those Fatherland Tyranny PSYOPS agents out there, and get all those cops grouped together in a big herd to best instill their PATRIOT'ACTism in the grandest form (social psychological propaganda techniques work best in ensure PATRIOT'ACTism after all).

usnews.nbcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Ahh yea, I actually wrote a comment on yahoo on the very same article. I say good for the sheriffs there. Thankfully for us, here in Florida this state is wholly owned by various big businesses. We never have to worry about that kind of legislation around here from the governors. My boys in red got that covered

However, the deputies and officers out here would have no dilemma dishing out the crackdown. I hope the Sheriffs of our counties can keep them at bay.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

For several years now, in Hillsborough County, they no longer have only one uniform... Their traditional crisp white top with shiny crisp green striped pants, has been supplemented with true 'olive drab' full military uniform. 2009 was the first year I witnessed this. I didn't at first note the olive drab, instead I noted the behavior. A 2 mile stretch of road, I can be specific, in front of Armwood High School, when school wasn't even in session, there was car after car pulled over. This WAS a drill. You see the first specimen I witnessed, I thought they had some crazy violent offender, at last. It wasn't just a pair of partners at a routine stop, one at each side. Instead it was the cop on the drivers side, with the partner on the passenger side... except not as part of the routine, instead standing back by the rear window of the sedan, crouching, leaning, forward, with gun on hand, like some cowboy standoff stance that this body language I've never seen in even a "Spaghetti Cowboy" Clint Eastwood of old flick. I was sitting up high in a large box truck and had a great view. I've never seen anything quite like it in my life, except perhaps in recent news.

Problem was, it didn't end there. Although I couldn't see them all within the same line of sight, especially considering the rare hill'ful geology there, over that 2+ mile long stretch of road, I could hardly pass for more than a moment without seeing the next 'victim' of this inquisition. There's a good few gas station on that stretch. None passed lacked this same scenario, while there were cars pulled all in between. Since 2004, this has to be the most alarming thing I've seen live, with only the Boston Nightmare truly blowing this all away in every regard since 9/11 (which affected me s deep as anyone at the time, along the sames lines of propaganda we all bought).

Since being on the job at the time, naturally I had to pass back thru this hotspot. It even shocked me, well versed in all such warnings and some of my own even, virtually all of the same spots were filled, but with all different cars. This time, in front of the first gas station on the stretch, the one that looks very very new, they were literally ripping all of the upholstery out of this vehicle. And it was a decent one. Since the next 2 of 3 total gas stations on this limited stretch also has people being subjugated nearly likewise, no it wasn't a "sting". Not against true criminals. It was a deliberate crackdown. And not just to hand out speeding tickets, to the deserved. It was find those deserving being puled over, and decimate their sense of non-criminality, of true patriotism. That was 2009. I've seen them wearing such, since, and it wasn't as ugly each time (much closer to the city proper), although not much prettier.

Since then, the GOP convention occurred here, when coupled with the MacDill AFB, in Tampa we might as well pray an actual (totally fictional) zombie apocalypse might well well occur. As only then can you expect to fight back against raider thieves, and have any hope of survival.
edit on 18-5-2013 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
These Sheriffs have my utmost respect--good to know that there are those who took their Oath to defend the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic, seriously. May other states follow suit!!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yea man see you know exactly what I am talking about here as your in my area. I am in Tampa off of Dale Mabry and Waters actually. Man I have seen them just blow out of proportion the most ridiculous things, and then they just trying you. But in all fairness, I have actually been seeing this more with the county deputies rather than the city cops. I mean yea the TPD has their goons in Ybor in much of East Tampa acting an ass, but more overall with my experience with them (don't ask) the TPD are slightly more well mannered then their counterparts in the HCSO. The damn deputies act all hyped up a lot of times and really arrogant.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
When those who have to enforce the law are questioning it, then it would seem that it's a poorly devised law.

new topics

top topics

join