It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believing in a Sick World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeThinkerbychoice

Thanks for the encouragement.

Your video doesn't seem to be working.

I am a nature lover too and I find much spirituality there. I’ve largely gotten my spirituality through inspiration (as an artist) and in nature. I usually find the most inspiration while in nature. The love the woods, ocean and animals. There is a spiritual balance there that is very healing.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

There's a new world taking shape, however, even now, where the artists and those who create culture and the visionary will be able to bring forth novel forms, and those new pieces of culture will light the way.

There's a flip side to the cynical POV which isn't without it's own sense of humor and charm at the expense of everything that was ridiculous and absurd.

And in the light of a rising tide of civil conscious awareness, for a whole new generation of those who've seen enough of all the folly, all the BS and crapolla - that which is no longer functional or formative is seen clearly for what it is.

Therefore, I see a turning point at hand. Good news in other words, on the other side of all the bad news.

So lift up your chin and look up and forward and take heart and be of good cheer, that what didn't work didn't work, and that by virtue of it's own failure, causes something new and better to DEMAND attention, and yet which as a domain of newfound possibility, while urgent, is also playfully inviting and expansive in terms of its creative potential and unconstrained and unfettered freedom and liberation for the human being. And when all else fails take heart that all the grey hairs will soon start passing off the scene, and so for God's sake let us then do better by comparison by seeking after what's right and true and that contains embedded within itself the power of mutuality and therefore, love.

There's a new economy emerging, and a whole new configuration. I've seen it and I've seen how to tap into it. All it requires is a little more trust, a little more faith and a little more hope and a LOT more imagination and creative genius, which to thrive needs a spirit of bright newfound optimism.

However, to chart the new uncharted territory and the new frontier, the apathy simply MUST at some point turn to optimism lest the one who sees the sickness, becomes the sickness itself, never rising as a solution to the problem but only as another manifestation of the very problem itself, which can only see the negative, and in so doing allow all hope and optimism to be crushed, now how sad would that be..?

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 20-5-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Thanks for replying and sharing your perspective.

Personally, I doubt there will be a great positive change on the global scale any time soon. I think that we need a spiritual revolution, which would be led by men and/or women who spoke the right words (whether from inspiration or speaking for the Higher Power) to spark it. Things may have to get a lot worse before they get better. Certainly the Internet has helped to educate a lot of people on things they were not that aware of through the mainstream media and this will change things. I think that the mainstream will eventually be online, coexisting with the alternative and independent medias. The more competition that the mainstream faces the better.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I appreciate you elaborating on your meaning. We're of the same mind for the most part I believe. I often experience this kind of exasperation with our current reality. (Actually, if I'm honest, I experience it most of the time.)

Peace.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

Me too. I also value love as you do. I am a romantic and I find light in romance, love of friends of family, of pets, music, etc. Love is perhaps the truest emotion as it is removed from fear, insecurities, materialism, expectations and even self-discipline. It is pure, honest and simple. Everything else is convoluted.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Enjoyed reading your thread thank you and i didn't find it to long i found it interesting and full of thought and love, it was a lot better than reading a stupid paper with my coffee this morning

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ballymoney50

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I agree. It's the only thing I still believe in with any certitude. It's the only thing that feels wholly real and not something I question or doubt in the moment when I feel it. It's the only part of my nature that doesn't seem to change no matter how old or jaded I become.

Peace.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join