It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO fleet over New York, May 11, 2013

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JimboSliceLV

A calm day near the surface, does not mean a calm day in the sky.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimboSliceLV
They do look like Chinese lanterns but they seem to be traveling at least 60 miles an hour? Those lights are covering at least a mile in one minute. No Chinese lantern could withstand that type of wind force. Plus it doesn't even seem breezy out.

How far from the camera and what size are these lights?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

chinese lanterns moving at those speeds?

How fast were they moving?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

They must be at a great altitude to move at those speeds,

Second or third poster saying those speeds, what are they if I may ask?

How did you determine the speed?

These can be other things, but Chinese lanterns is something they are not, regardless of how they appear. I am not trying to offend anyone, I am simply stating facts.

Show us these facts, if you would be so kind, how fast are they traveling?
edit on 20-5-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The objects in this video appear very far away, they appear as small as stars.

So your basing your facts on how these appear on camera?

Well that doesn't make them facts then just opinion on appearance.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
How far from the camera and what size are these lights?

I truely have no idea. I made an educated guess on speeds by comparing these lights to Chinese lantern videos on youtube. I watched a bunch of lantern video's just to get familiar with how they act. Right off the bat I noticed they travel faster then expected. After singling out a few quality lantern videos that I new the location of the launch. I studied them for a bit.

There where a couple lantern videos on youtube that I could tell exactly where the launch site was, and almost exactly where the lantern was one minute later. I measured it all out from above in google earth. Even on a calm day, once the lantern gains altitude they can get going 15 mph no problem with little turbulence.

I just compared the lights in the OP's video to the lamps that I new where traveling at 15mph. One of the lights in this video seems to be going about three times the speed of the 15mph confirmed lamps. That is how I came up with the 45mph lol.

This video is from an event in MI called Art Prize. The bridge and buildings to the right make it easy to estimate where the lanterns are. This is a calm day and these lanters moving pretty fast. The average lantern in this video seems to be traveling about 15 miles an hour. Covering around 2.5 blocks per minute. I think a lantern can get going way fast without blowing out or crashing.

edit on 20-5-2013 by JimboSliceLV because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-5-2013 by JimboSliceLV because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JimboSliceLV

I truely have no idea.

Thank you for your honesty.

Which makes the rest of your post irrelevant to actually determine the speed of the ones in the OP, further discussion becomes speculation of what other videos looked like compared to this.

Star for your honesty

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Aren't lanterns orange?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Specimen
Aren't lanterns orange?
only the orange ones.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Don't those things present a fire hazard, as well as dangerous distractions to motorists and private pilots? I think they might, especially when launched in mass quantities. What about birds encountering a large group of Chinese lanterns?

edit on 21-5-2013 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Would one those float if they had a electronic light on it?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Would one those float if they had a electronic light on it?
the problem with that is the extension cord has to be really long.

I think it has to do with weight and the amount of heat produced. An electric light like LEDs probably wouldn't produce enough hot air and the batteries would weigh down an incandescent bulb. Fire is a tried and true method to make hot air. The electronic version is this:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

Hot air balloon speed record is at least 200mph. They can go as fast as the air current they are in, and they, themselves feel almost zero wind. You can probably hold a candle lit.

edit on 21-5-2013 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
Don't those things present a fire hazard, as well as dangerous distractions to motorists and private pilots? I think they might, especially when launched in mass quantities. What about birds encountering a large group of Chinese lanterns?

edit on 21-5-2013 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)
yes. I would say lighting something on fire and letting it float away is probably not a good idea. That's why it's probably better to use a lithium polymer powered quad copter to fake a UFO. Those batteries can explode but that usually happens while charging them.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I doubt that those quad copters could reach such a height which I have no estimation other then being pretty high in the sky in the video, and I wonder if those copters were wireless, as to how far their range would be? And seeing as how chinese lanterns default colour are orange due to it being a candle flame, in my opinion, those would not be lantern as shown in the video.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I think that they are simply Chinese lanterns.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I doubt that those quad copters could reach such a height which I have no estimation other then being pretty high in the sky in the video, and I wonder if those copters were wireless, as to how far their range would be? And seeing as how chinese lanterns default colour are orange due to it being a candle flame, in my opinion, those would not be lantern as shown in the video.

technically the range could be where the Internet reaches. I don't think height is an issue either. The issue would be practicality. Way too expensive and to hard to manage. The color of the lantern lights could be due to the video.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Next time someone see's a UFO fleet tha tcould be mistaken for chinese lantern try if possible to show which way the wind is blowing in the video, It could help to disprove thatthe yare lanterns. I say this because The strange things I saw in the sky are lantern/street light coloured and was orb shaped but because of the colour and shape if I tried explaining to someone about what I saw they always say chinese lanterns, It pisses me right off on the inside that the person who give sme this reply thinks im stupid enough not to know a chinese lantern when its traveling right over my head.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I doubt they would use satellites, plus you would need one hell of a wireless modem, but I'm not to much of a techy, so those are just assumptions. Also it would seem quite pointless to spend the amount of resources into making a ufo video with those toys.
As for the colour, maybe, but I will stick with the default orange.

But if I were to tell you I've seen the very similar thing in the video which is why I'm going with possible "Ufo" here instead of lanterns or copters.

As for orange orbs, good luck with those pranksters cause they literally look like lanterns if caught on camera, no short of joke here.

Although do stay skeptical, for she's a very valuable tool.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Its a UFO, its flying and its unidentified, but whether it has intelligent control is another question. I'm leaning more towards this Not being from out of this world. I had a friend once who took a black trash bag, filled it with helium, stuck some glow sticks dangleing from the bottom, and it sparked a news story on the evening News. LOL although I did find it funny. I take the UFO subject with curiosity and want to find out whats really going on. So it doesnt help when people do that kind of joke.

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join