It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO fleet over New York, May 11, 2013

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
This video might look like the video posted by fellow member Bybyots on the thread "Swarm of Lights Appear Over Argentina and Chile And Is Filmed From Six Cameras.,", however, this was taken over New York, and if I'm correct, this video was taken couple of days after the video that Bybyots posted was taken, so I cannot see how a "satellite" could have still be seen falling two days after, in another country, and even appear higher.

That is unless, the objects in the video posted by Bybyots weren't actually part of a satellite.

Your first conclusion might be that because the uploader of the video frequently uploads UFO videos, then this is most likely hoax. However, this was apparently sent to the uploader, so this video has no connections to the uploader, other than the fact that it was uploaded by him/her.

The fact that this was taken around the same date as the video given by Bybyots makes me think there is some connection between the two. However, I just cannot understand how a satellite can fall for two days, appear in multiple countries, and even apparently gain altitude while still being able to cross vast distances in two days without disintegrating or hitting the ground.

For the claims that these are Chinese lanterns, here is the upper air data for very early May 12, 2013, which would be around the time this video was taken:

(The wind speed map is in the top-right)

weather.unisys.com...

As you can see, most of New York had 850-500mb winds in the 40-50mph range, with some areas having upper level winds in the 55-65mph range. However, as wind speed increases with height, it is likely that the 850mb winds (around 5000 feet, or about one mile in the sky) were lower than that; probably in the 20-30mph range.

However, as another member pointed out, the objects look to be going much faster than that, as they appear to cover a large part of the sky in a short amount of time.

It is unlikely that these are Chinese lanterns, as for the lanterns to be moving at such speed, they would need to much higher than 5000 feet, however, since Chinese lanterns usually do not go higher than a mile in the sky, these are likely not Chinese lanterns.

edit on 18-5-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but these look like those dreaded Chinese lanterns that have been ruining potential smoking gun UFO videos for years.

Sorry mate.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Can you post an image of the New York Times Headline about this?

Oh. And the story, if possible.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

I searched, but couldn't find any New York Times article on this. Sorry.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WASTYT

Well, that is your opinion.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
No clue what they are. I can't see there being that many planes flying at that close of an interval. Is there some sort of military operation there involving helicopters, it seems like they are too slow for jets.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Yeppers..Chinese lanterns. Nothing to see here..just another thread full of wishful thinking by the OP.

Has a history of seeing UFO's in any video. Even when given a rational explanation..he will look past it and continue to see alien spacecraft.

Look like Chinese lanterns and behaves like them...but don't dare tell the OP..they are moon men from Uranus..

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I appreciate your input. Have a nice day.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
They do look like Chinese lanterns but they seem to be traveling at least 60 miles an hour? Those lights are covering at least a mile in one minute. No Chinese lantern could withstand that type of wind force. Plus it doesn't even seem breezy out.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
OP..i dont think you have yet saw enough lanterns videos to believe this is an alien fleet lool

they move like lanterns
they light up like lanterns
they move the same speed like lanterns
they dont do extreme turns, acceleration or deceleration like lanternsl

ok they must be ufos

edit on 18-5-2013 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
With all the secrets we uncover and with the technology we have, we still don't know what these disco balls are?

Uav's with strobe lights.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Oh Damn. The little green men didn't even come down and say hello!!!

They are unidentified, they appear to be flying and they are objects....

.....but in spite of that revelation do you believe in little green men, or greys, or blues or whatever color Hollywood will paint them next.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Information added to the OP.
edit on 18-5-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

Jim Oberg and Ted Molzcan called it; I am pretty sure in that order. It was an interesting addition to UFO lore as civilian investigators figured out what the light show was before the commercial company that launched it.

I don't think that anything else can be added, that Jim O did not add, that could make it any more clear that what was recorded over Argentina and Chile was the Cygnus Mass Simulator burning in.

This video is very good because it clearly shows the parts of the CMS burning out...

When you learn that the Cygnus Mass Simulator was largely made of aluminum it is not surprising that it burned as brightly as it did which is beautifully demonstrated in this video from the thread mentioned in your OP

As far as the video that you have posted, those are the most Chinese Lantern-like UFOs I have personally ever seen; and it's New York!. It's not like New York does not have a widely varied multi-ethnic population and one would never expect to see something like Chinese lanterns.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I remember on Halloween night in 1989 or 1990. My dad took us trick-or-treating. While we were heading back home, we saw what looked like seven stars moving just like in that video. Six of them were in the form of a big circle, and the last one was trailing right behind the others. Like this:
o o
o o o
o o

They were toward the Eastern horizon, and they were heading from north to south. They never broke formation, and remained the same speed the whole time we saw them. My uncle lived in a town 18 miles to the south of us and he called my mom a while after we got home to see if any of us had seen them. I don't know if what he said next was true or not, but I remember he claimed he watched them melt away like blue plastic.

But anyway, I have no idea what my dad, my brother and sister, and I saw that night, but this video reminded me of it and I thought I'd share that. I don't believe in "grays", but either they were some kind top secret aircraft, or maybe people do have the ability to make Chinese lanterns fly in perfect formation like that and not change speed, regardless of wind speed. Crazy stuff, anyway!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
i did watch that other video and this doesn't quite look the same to me. as i watch it, i don't get the feeling that it has been faked, of course, all we're looking at is unidentified dots of light on a black sky. could be anything i suppose, but it's an awful lot of unexplained dots. i'm inclined to vote "spaceships", with "chinese lanterns" a close second

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WASTYT
I hate to say it, but these look like those dreaded Chinese lanterns that have been ruining potential smoking gun UFO videos for years.

Sorry mate.

No it cant be the Chinese lanterns its possibility a sat entering the earth as its falling and breaking into pieces. But why ask? lets contact the Real experts the MSM. Or slate.com for that matter.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
chinese lanterns moving at those speeds? a thin paper with a little candle inside? i fail to see how that would even be remotely possible...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
They appear to me to be drifting rather than being under powered flight and they seem to be being released fairly nearby , its a shame we don't have a more precise location for the video but I have found a report which may be associated with this sighting .

At 11:45 PM on the night of May 11, 2013 I went to my front porch and lit a cigarette. I noticed two bright points in the sky over the city of Binghamton. These points of light were much brighter than anything I’ve seen in the sky. At first glance I thought the lights were airplanes flying away from me which gave them the appearance of floating.

They steadily arose into the sky displaying a brilliant red color with a pulsing yellow to orange interior. I thought they could have been Chinese lanterns, but as the first two objects drifted into the clouds, out of sight, two more lifted into the sky, and didn’t take the same flight path. Over the next 20 minutes my girlfriend and I witnessed a total of ten glowing objects rise and vanish into the NNE to NNW. I felt a sense of surprise and wonder as I peered at the objects through the binoculars.
UFO Sighting in Binghamton, New York on May 11th 2013

The objects in the video seem consistent with lanterns to me as does the above report ... Which may or may not be linked with this sighting .

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
They act and look like lanterns, there is no reason to suppose there is a great altitude involved either, just lanterns or possibly balloons all drifting not to fast in the same current of air.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join