It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Says No Presidential Authorization Needed To Quell “Civil Disturbances”

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
so wait wait wait...what im understanding is that the military is saying that they have the 'right" or "legal authority" to step in an "quell" a civil disturbance in a circumstance that 'they' do not think that the civilian authorities are in controll enough to 'quell"?!?

i also undestand that the wording sorta has been there before..but now the military is saying it out loud? and if this is all so..have i been missing the replies by the 'civilian authorities' about this?

gunna go have to read all this again in greater detail

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
so as i have read a bit more and in more detail...'who' is puting the 20,000 troops together for domestic activation? 'who' is rewritting or adding the new wording" is it just a bunch of pentagon generals or......... the administration, saying 'we need a contingency plan'? is it a ploy for the administration to seemingly give up control.."pres, shrugs shoulders and says..i dont know what to do"..then the military steps in?...this adminatration as gotten rid of 3 or 4 top generals...maybe putting in generals more sympathetic to the administration?

or is it the other way around...the military reminding the civilian controlers that "hey, remember who actually as all the guns and does all the dieing for you and your policies, dont get too cocky"? hmmmmmm....

i do believe there is a war going on in the govt..a war being queitly waged outside of outsiders eyes...maybe somebody is stepping it up, maybe somebody wants to bring a point home before there is bloodshed?!?

p.s. star and flag by the way

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

Dont want to give to much away concerning my location so I'll take photo's when I see them again and send you a link. That ok?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa
Government is nothing but a corporation – an enterprise operation that treats people no differently than cattle in its consideration of the governed.
Think tanks and authors who make this distinction quite clear; that people are nothing but profit and loss commodities for governments disposal.
Improving kill-ammunition ratios determining local choice between precision and saturation bombing.
The shortcomings of war as a mechanism of selective population control.

Internet Matrix – a symbol of reality digitally presented by the corporate power elite to pacify and entertain; maintaining the anger and ultimate frustration of an entire sub-culture within a tightly corked artificial bottle and restraining any real action or solution within as the real world and government carries on without legal challenge.

Only political law exists – abeyance by force of contract. This is the very definition of military rule.
Every time a citizen does not obey the law, the militarized executive branch steps in to force either compliance, incarceration, or death.

Murder is unlawful and illegal, but government gives license to commit this illegal act – a license to kill.
It is interesting to note that government only acknowledges the “civil death” of a person, not the bloody and violent taking of the life of a man.

CIVIL DEATH, persons. The change of the state of a person who is declared civilly dead by judgment of a competent tribunal. In such case, the person against whom such sentence is pronounced is considered dead.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I love your threads Jude. Unfortunately your right, hope and the rest of the tinkerbell crew will come in here saying exactly what you said "think of the children" and "its for our safety" Oh and the CLASSIC one "If you're not doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about."

In the words of Bill Hicks, all we can do now is enjoy the ride. Unless someone actually has a plan, I think were pretty much screwed. And I'm not a disinfo shill trying to hurt other posters morale, but what CAN we do? Revolution won't work, it would probably help TPTB anyway, (more bloodshed, swapping one more tyrannical leader for another)

Seriously, does ANYONE know what to do? The only possible thing I can think of would be shutting down the Central Banking system strangling the world. Right, yeah GOODLUCK with that one! How about making every senator and congressman sign an ALFADAVID to end the Federal Reserve? haha! What a joke!

I think were pretty much screwed guys. Sure, we have the population factor, but how many people in America actually question the things people do on this forum? It's a minority. A very very small minority of people. There's only about 50,000 members on this site. That's it.

I don't want to sound all doom and gloom, but logically speaking, I really don't see a way out of this for the whole population and the future of this country.

Northern California and redwood trees here I come.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
First of all, there is no need to start out by saying you understand most people here want you to stop posting this stuff. I only speak for myself, but I for one come here to learn about these sort of topics, among many others. Secondly, if you're wearing a tinfoil hat, we should hang. I have a collection myself according to most people I know.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'd love to see a flow chart outlining the folks with the power to authorize this.... I mean I'd hate for Private Pyle on a power trip to suddenly attack Hands Across America...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The US military now says it does not need authorization to "police" the streets of America at their discretion ("civil disturbances")....the US military has previously declared that it is under the authority of NATO and the UN; does that mean, therefore, that NATO or the UN can put troops on American streets at their discretion.....? Just asking.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast
In whatever DoD document Senator King was reading, someone had apparently added the words "associated forces" repeatedly, which are not in the AUMF.

The AUMF targets the nations, organizations, and persons who "planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons." The "organizations" part has usually been interpreted to mean the Taliban and Al Qaeda, including their foreign branches. Note that the law does not target the membership of Al Qaeda that happened to be active on 9/11/2001, but the organization itself. AQ is a going concern, with a number of franchises, and these are all legitimate targets. Ontologically speaking, Al Qaeda did not stop being Al Qaeda when Bin Laden was shot in the head, or when their Arabian cadres reorganized under the AQAP moniker. "Associated forces" are also legitimate targets. If you go to war with Joe, and his cousin Bob joins the fight as an avowed ally or subordinate of Joe, you are at war with Bob, too.

The representatives of the Department of Defense and the Joint Chiefs of Staff were arguing that this then gave authorization so broad as to allow virtually any military action anywhere against anyone as long as they could vaguely trace it to "associated forces," including taking military actions in Yemen, the Congo, and Boston (apparently a reference to the recent bombings and lockdown).

Not "virtually any military action," only "necessary and appropriate force." Even the notoriously deferential Supreme Court has sided against the executive branch on some GWOT cases, and of course Congress has their say, so there's a limit to what's "necessary and appropriate."

Yemen, you might have a slight argument for. If my memory is correct, I believe Osama bin Laden was active in Yemen prior to moving to Afghanistan. Thus it's possible that there could be someone in Yemen who could have had something to do with the original 9/11 attacks (assuming you buy the official story).

Remember, the law was written to target the organization, not just the people. Even if there's no one in Yemen who had anything to do with the original 9/11 attacks, as long as there's an organization there that had something to do with those attacks, it is covered by the AUMF.

King's claim that the executive's reading is "overbroad" might be supportable; his claim that it "renders Congress's war powers a nullity" is mere hysteria. He has not read, or did not understand, or intentionally misconstrues the Joint Resolution.

Here are prepared statements, if anyone wants to read them without partisan editing. I assume the Q&A is on C-SPAN or will be published online.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NickDC202
I'd love to see a flow chart outlining the folks with the power to authorize this.... I mean I'd hate for Private Pyle on a power trip to suddenly attack Hands Across America...

The CFR refers to "Federal military commanders." That would be commissioned Title 10 officers in command of a unit. I assume that it extends through the usual chain of command to Private Pyle, should Pyle ever find himself the Senior Private-in-Charge of an isolated unit. I have no idea what Hands Across America is, but if it is creating "large-scale, unexpected civil disturbances" resulting in "significant loss of life or wanton destruction of property," and absolutely no one else is around, and there's no way to contact anyone in his chain of command, Pyle can take action to restore governmental function and public order, and to protect Federal property.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The thing is....whether there is a law for or against it....the military will do what they want.
Who's really going to stop the military?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
All I have to say is...Great reporting Jude. S & F for you.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
An odd thought occurred me as I mused at my computer this evening.

We know the House and Senate are playing games with both the economy, the budget and I might go as far to suggest; the Presidency; if not trying to hold all of the aforementioned hostage.

Let's for the moment reflect on the fact that the sequester is holding the funds of the military as hostage in all of this too.

It could quite conceivably be a not so subtle slap in the faces of the House and Senate that the military would step in to create order from chaos. It might also be that the military is looking at the House and Senate in that they may be considered a real threat to the stability of the Nation and Constitution. They also may be viewing the Supreme Court in the same manner. There also a slim chance they may be looking at the President in the same way... but it is unlikely in that they need a legitimate figurehead and it is easier to control a President than the House and Senate.

Since this is a conspiracy site, I submit that is a warning shot off the bow of the House and Senate; likely even the Supreme Court.

Given that the American People are being held hostage by the House and Senate's inability to work together, and that many in the Military (and outside of it) take their oath to protect the Constitution seriously....

Could it be that the Military has noted the DHS has way too much firepower and little in the way of accountability as to why they need it? Could it be the Military has noted that Monsanto and other Corporations have effectively bought the votes of the House, Senate and Supreme Court... and by doing so abrogated their oaths of office?? Could it be our Military is working to protect us from them?

After all, they have sworn to protect America from all enemies, foreign and _Domestic_....

I can quite easily picture the House and Senate actually broaching the line of Treason in their actions, or inactions.

Admittedly this is just idle musing on my part and I have no proof; yet it could play out in some similar fashion.

Yes, yes. I know a great many of you 'fear' martial law.

But do you not fear a government so corrupt that the Military would _have_ to impose Martial Law to restore the Government back to the hands of the people even more so?

What if the Military declares martial law, without the President, House or Senate, much less the Supreme Court; and then declares in 90 days time there will be a full election of all of the above?

Or if you like, it could be that the House and Senate want to 'set up' the military as the "fall guys" for a false flag; and the military got wind of it.

There are so many ways this could play out.

M.

edit on 18-5-2013 by Moshpet because: thoughts.

edit on 18-5-2013 by Moshpet because: Because.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli
...Note that the law does not target the membership of Al Qaeda that happened to be active on 9/11/2001, but the organization itself. AQ is a going concern, with a number of franchises, and these are all legitimate targets. Ontologically speaking, Al Qaeda did not stop being Al Qaeda when Bin Laden was shot in the head, or when their Arabian cadres reorganized under the AQAP moniker. "Associated forces" are also legitimate targets...

If all wars were fought with logic like this, very few would ever end. I seem to recall Osama bin Laden allegedly using the same sort of logic to justify attacks on the USA based on there being many Christians in the USA and then considering hostilities between Christians and Muslims as ongoing since the Crusades.

We also wind up with some other logical quandaries, since the US government has provided (and apparently continues to provide) weapons to some of the "associated forces" in Libya and now Syria.

I think it's pretty clear we're not likely to agree on this. And that's okay, we don't all have to agree on things. To me, this all sounds like, "We've always been at war with Eastasia."

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Sup Jude !

Yesterday, Friday morning. On my way to the DMV, I stopped at this burger joint.
I ordered and as I was waiting for my food. I noticed in the booth closest to me, a
white haired very frail gentleman and his wife was just getting back from the counter.
Noticing it said KOREA on the back of his ball cap. I stepped in front of their table and
asked his wife, if the hat meant that he fought in Korea. She said yes, he'd seen
action right at the end of the war. Immediately I turned to the man and extended my
hand and said, " thank you sir ". He was so frail and I know he won't be around
much longer, but he knew what was going on and could barely get out the words
loud enough for me to hear. But he said, you're welcome and shook my hand.

So i went and sat down at a table to wait for my food. And here comes his wife.
She grabs my hand and said bless you for honoring him and our troops.
Then she said something I never thought I would hear from someone
of that age and with the obvious background.

She said he fought to defend this country. And now there is no one who wants
to fight to take it back. So I was convinced Jude, more people are awake then we
may realize. Certainly this woman was right up to speed with you and I.

SnF
edit on 18-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
Someone dies of a Mortal Wound and a Riot then ensues . More people are shot , and the Military claims that they were just Defending themselves against hostiles .

How would the MAJORITY of American Citizens React to such a Possible incident ?
Drone Strikes on the OTHER side of the Globe kill 90% Civilians, and the US People do ...... Nothing.
US Civilians shot in an Exchange with US Soldiers, on US Soil..US People will do....Nothing.

Dems the Facts , Jack.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
S+F...

Work with me here... its too bad that nations are now trying too fix the mistakes... But everyone is afraid to make the change and swapp . We are all too late....

Anyone play- DEUS EX? -- See how powerful as an example (in a game even) our freedom will be controlled...

Well more and more- "light headed" are finally getting the "Whole picture'- which is F* Scary S*....

In the whole corp. Empire that North america was built on..... (1800's? as on paper) (work with me here, im canadian)
The (social/Civil) Industrial Revolution...
The Great wars...
^^^^^^
(50's) THEN BAM! Money for all, jobs... less populated (then).. the easy life.. wife stayed home, father worked too support... Kids -- The Baby boom... (AND THE CURRENT BOOM OF NOW, 89/90s kids having kids)
The Mass Technical Advancements in society... Radio, TV.. The "Media ball" Starts....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^-- THIS EMPIRE WILL ALL STILL HOLD TOGETHER IN 2015 RIGHT!?... RIGHTT???!! (if we make it).... of course WE will... Will you all be HAPPY?? NO. Unless your a Corp. monger whom owns multi-billion in revenue.. wait..wait... wait... NO! thats only the 1%..

What a perfect plan... What a perfect American way of living...
Then the Great empire Triangle Collapses in on it-self.. Folding in like a black hole... Which.. we are coming to the tip of... Just like Space, and Galaxies... And all around... You can't Escape the built energy now...

I like to take the Karma effect here for a moment as an example.. Take all the history as a lesson.. And look where its all gotten us... Its too bad that power will run all our lives and what moves we make...

Theres only few ways out of this system... And i hope for it.. I wish for it.. for all of us...

1. Remove crude oil/ New Tech advancements too get us off this rock.... (masses, warp drive teleportation)
2. ET's come and land... Tell us the god of ways... we ascend into the 5th level from the current 4th..(Remaining in physical body)

3. The goverments say ohh #... our flag for the future got canceled (because something greater told them) so we might as well drop all these plans...
(banking, corps..).. That wont happen... They will use it too there gain again anyways and not fix it..

See all where im getting at?

We are all done anyways with Corp+ gov+Military+ = Greed/People = WAR

Its why its all there to begun.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by jude11

She said he fought to defend this country. And now there is no one who wants
to fight to take it back. So I was convinced Jude, more people are awake then we
may realize. Certainly this woman was right up to speed with you and I.

A lot of people are awake. And more are waking up every day. The problem is, nobody really knows quite what to do about all of this.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by jude11

I'll paint a picture for you that I think this is trying to address.

Say for whatever reason, riots break out in Beaufort, SC. Beaufort does not have a large or well trained or equipped police force. But Beaufort does have several thousand Marines stationed there at the Air-station and Parris Island.

The rioters are killing people, looting and burning the place to the ground. The police are completely overwhelmed.

Would you rather have the Marines stand behind their gates and watch innocent people die?
Or would you expect them to restore order?
edit on 18-5-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

It ends up becoming an entire art gallery of painted pictures. Just yesterday morning as I was watching the news the ticker was reading that new laws are being passed, Laws making it illegal for people to gather folks in large numbers via social networking, for the purpose of protesting (illegally).

They called it flash mobs, and anyone organizing such ..crowds of people will be arrested. Even if the protest(s) were legal, but then one person does something illegal... well, I can see this turning out badly for not only the person who breaks a law, but also the person(s) responsible for organizing the protest... which then makes the entire protest illegal and all involved will be considered illegal protestors.

Bills and laws are changing very fast. It's really the only thing our Gov't does fast actually. It seems to me that our politicians are setting things up to protect themselves and making it more and more difficult for the population to help ourselves at all.. 'less we be breaking the law(s).

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind
so wait wait wait...what im understanding is that the military is saying that they have the 'right" or "legal authority" to step in an "quell" a civil disturbance

Well, did the military men swear to uphold the US Constitution?

If they did, then the very first paragraph of that constitution requires the defenders to "ensure domestic tranquility".

They don't have to wait for the president to tell them to uphold the constitution.

The Constitution is the supreme law of the land, it supersedes the president.

All who swear to uphold the constitution, take their orders directly from the text of the constitution itself.

President not needed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join