It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diaper change in Starbucks seating area ends with store calling Denver police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The baby? Just doing what they do best and can't be blamed.

I kinda think it would be fun to blame the baby.

Clearly this incident is not the fault of the parents or Starbucks. Some awful pink blob decided to soil itself and cause an internet tizzy. Now I'm not saying this child should be jailed at this point in time, I just want due process and an evaluation of all the facts leading up to the incident. I believe a background check is in order, and if this child has a history of of being adorable/spitting up or pooing with malice he/she should be further investigated as a possible source of Awwwwwws. The horror. I'll reserve judgement until I see the onsie and stinky manifesto.

Fear not ATS, Jude and I will collaborate and solve this horrible crime.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by jude11

Clearly this incident is not the fault of the parents or Starbucks. Some awful pink blob decided to soil itself and cause an internet tizzy. Now I'm not saying this child should be jailed at this point in time, I just want due process and an evaluation of all the facts leading up to the incident. I believe a background check is in order, and if this child has a history of of being adorable/spitting up or pooing with malice he/she should be further investigated as a possible source of Awwwwwws. The horror. I'll reserve judgement until I see the onsie and stinky manifesto.

LMAO.....

Maybe he can do community service for his, um, crime....

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Some people are complete Ftards..

You cant smoke in a bar that serves food, why in the hell would you change a diaper in any place that serves food and drinks? Some people are just simply disrespectful. Why would I want to be near someone changing a crappy diaper? Why would I even want to expose my child in a public place? I might consider that just as much of a public indecency as any adult situation. I mean, cmon! You would charge an adult for showing their genitals... Adult or not. Besides... think of the potentual for a pedifile being near. You're giving him a free sadistic look of pleasure.

People just suck sometimes. Then they throw it in your face like YOUR the creep.

Some people need more than a swift kick in the ass. Every day I wake up and read the news, it makes me lean more towards allowing a hard punch in the face. If I were that much of a Ftard, I would want someone to handle up on me in the same manner.

Many people just dont give a damn for anyone but themselves... No respect for others what so ever.

edit on 18-5-2013 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Weird as this came up I was sleeping about 2 hours ago and my woman decided to change our 5 months diaper in the bedroom which i frown upon. Well it was so bad it woke me up what that customer was just nasty the smell lingers for quite a while. I wouldnt let them back in just nasty not the babies the parents..

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I wish I had a dollar for every diaper my wife or I have changed on the front seat of our vehicle because we were some place that did not have a changing table in the restroom.

I'd have a lot of dollars. Because there are a lot of places like that, and it's not difficult to do.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed1320
Weird as this came up I was sleeping about 2 hours ago and my woman decided to change our 5 months diaper in the bedroom which i frown upon. Well it was so bad it woke me up what that customer was just nasty the smell lingers for quite a while. I wouldnt let them back in just nasty not the babies the parents..

Your "Woman"?

Ok, This I am curious about...

Peace

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by jude11

You can handle the physical evidence while I debate the issue itself.

Peace

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
In the seating area like on a bench or on an actual table? And I'm assuming the baby was poopy. Not cool if on table and why not take him/her to the car or use counter in bathroom.

I was in a restaurant two weeks ago with my 11 year old. Seated directly next to us were two women and a boy about my sons age. The child literally was sitting on the table with his shoes off and feet sprawled out. The two woman said nothing. Other patrons had to look twice as we did. It was distracting and unsanitary. I did not see him as disabled as he was talking normally and like any other kid, and walked in there on his own.

The waitresses seemed uncomfortable but I noticed that as time went by people started to behave as if it was normal. Food was served. The table tipped slightly a few times as seen through peripheral vision (couldn't avoid seeing it). Table was found with a center support so not the stronest in my opinion. It seemingly bothered no one so my son and I decided that that breakfast was a trip to mars and an alternate reality. Had to make light out of it somehow.

Just had to share that.

Ah, don't get me started on that, Mom's who let their kids crawl all over the table. Ugh...

What ever happened to 'sit still' and 'be quiet'?
Kids should be seen, not heard.

And if the parents allow them to climb over the seat and bug us [pulling hair, beating seat], we will tell the kid to sit down.......Sternly. [no baby talk crap]
Any more, some parents ignore the kids while the Mom/Dad play on their stupid IPhones and the rest of us trying to enjoy our food have to listen to a bunch of unruly rug rats.

Ooops, told you not to get me started!!!!

Sorry.....

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
I wish I had a dollar for every diaper my wife or I have changed on the front seat of our vehicle because we were some place that did not have a changing table in the restroom.

I'd have a lot of dollars. Because there are a lot of places like that, and it's not difficult to do.

And changing tables weren't always around any way.

Another pet peeve is when a Mom can't walk 2 ft. to throw the nasty bundle in the garbage.
They just leave it and their wipes on the table for some one else to have to throw away.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

The kid sat on the table and never even gave one of the chairs a try. Waited there, right in the middle, ate there and all. Shoes kicked off. I figured, lets all get up and sit on the tables as maybe this is the new fad. Waitress after coming out of the shock zone even took all chairs away as they were needed elsewhere for chair sitting customers, minus one incase the parents began to join in and prompt him to gibe it a try.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Once the parent got offended to clean up Their mess at the request of the employee and became belligerent and spilled coffee and started making a scene is where I would also call the cops. Screw that bad parent, and screw that little monster she is going to raise with those kind of values. That being said, Starbucks install a baby changing stations either in or right outside the restroom, it seems like a reasonable accommodation for your customers.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This is one reason why God made car trunks.

If you're wise, you have a mini poopstation in there, complete with wet ones, a changing mat, spare diapers and one of those double seal gallon sized zip lock baggies for the hazardous waste.

I can change a code brown in about thirty seconds flat. It wouldn't have been hard for this guy to do it either, probably had his mocha latte, brownie and laptop all set up and couldn't abandon it for two minutes.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Only twice have I ever said any thing to either the kids or the Mom....

Once was when the Mom was letting her kids run round and round and round the table, and finally I looked right at her, after she ignored many other patrons that kept frowning at them, I told her 'I didn't realize this was 'romper room'. I must have mistook it for a restaurant.' She got the drift then and even tho it pissed her off, she got the kids under control.
Point being, she should have known better. Or at least had the respect for the other people in there.

The second incident occurred when I'm assuming it was the Mother, not sure, she couldn't control the kids- but the 2 boys and 1 girl were seated right behind us and kept squealing. It got more higher pitched and louder as the kids were picking on one another. The woman was at the counter watching them and finally the girl screamed out in a high squeal that hurt my ears and that's when I said--'That's enough. You're not at home now cool it.' --
They hushed right quick and I figured the woman would be mad at me but she never said a word.
Needless to say the whole restaurant got quiet. There were several couples that smiled at us nodding like they were saying thanks.

But it just blows my mind how thoughtless people can be any more.
Different times I guess.....

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
This is one reason why God made car trunks.

If you're wise, you have a mini poopstation in there, complete with wet ones, a changing mat, spare diapers and one of those double seal gallon sized zip lock baggies for the hazardous waste.

Shoot, most parents have SUV's now and they have tons of space for all that.

I can change a code brown in about thirty seconds flat

LMAO.....

"We're going code brown, I repeat code brown..."

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412
It's a dilemma many parents face. Your baby needs a diaper change, but there's no changing table in the restroom.

One mom decided to change her child's diaper out in the open at a Denver Starbucks and what happened next ended with a call to police.

"As a mother, you have to do what you have to do. Wherever you have to do it," Burgos said.

Burgos noticed there was no changing table at the Denver Starbucks on the 7900 block of East 49th Avenue so she changed her son's diaper in the seating area.

"I just kind of wiped him off, cleaned him off as quickly as I could," Burgos said.

www.9news.com...

An employee then told her to make sure she cleans the mess up and tossed her a rag.
Naturally, the parents got offended and went back at the employee purposely spilling coffee on the floor and telling the employee to clean THAT mess up.....
Of course, after that, things got heated and carried away until the cops were called. [no arrests]

Okay, I understand not having a changing table, however......
NOT on an eating table!! Come on.....
Not very sanitary at all.

I have never seen a easy, clean wipe of a butt when changing a diaper.
And the smell.....HA! I know many who would have gagged!!

I have seen many Mom's change right out of their vehicles or on the counter in the bathroom but never on a dining table.

That would not sit right with me either I'm afraid.
Go ahead and flame me for that, but damn, it's the truth.
Some things should be kept out of the dining area.

Needless to say, Starbucks apologized to the couple......

edit on 17-5-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

I think its fair enough, thats a disgusting thing to do where other paying customers are eating and drinking.

Being a parent doesn't give you the right to bring excrement into a dining room.

So bored of the arrogance of some parents.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ed1320

Maybe "your" woman feels she shouldn't be the only one who has to deal with the not so glamorous side of keeping women in captivity?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
This thread should be about starbugs not providing facilities.

Why should they provide these facilities? Do they have to provide facilities for every need customers may have or is it just the ones you deem important?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I would have said something but it was so surreal. I am shocked the waitresses didn't since the kid (10 or 11 years old) could have tipped the table over and almost did as it wasn't designed for a 80 pound human. I won't eat there again given the sanitary conditions. There are health codes for a reason. Ecoli, woms, other paracites such as giardia (sp?), salmonella, and who knows what else can be in human feces as in the case at starbucks. Dirty feet where my food is plopped doesn't seem right either. These could have touched those things and more (and I like going barefooted but don't stick them in my food or rub on my table). I understand changing a diap in a hurry but I see the Starbucks person saying something for health reasons. And I see kids all the time behaving badly. Our jobs as parents is to set limits and ultimately raise responsible socially acceptable people who don't embarrass themselves or worse. Kids need boundaries (not talking about the baby of course) and I'm glad you stepped up and said something. So many are afraid to do so. It does take a community to raise a kid in some cases.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Obviously no one here read the article.

She didn't change her child on a DINING table. She changed the baby on a seat.

"He said make sure to wipe the seat when you're done," he said. "They started talking amongst themselves and laughing about it."

I find it humorous that so many people are so offended at a misrepresentation of what actually happened. Is this really the meat and potatoes of what we're here for?

Also, the lady was doing what she had to do as a mother. When your kid poops you don't jog down the street while your kid luxuriates in his/her own filth. The problem really started when some snide, hipster Starbucks employee was a disrespectful smartass about it.

I'm not saying the mother didn't have a better option - but when these things happen you just be..a human about it.

Are we really so insensitive as a society to look down on a woman caring for her child? You people make me sad.
edit on 17-5-2013 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

What if it was a doubly-incontinent old person. They equally have no control of it, should their carer have been allowed to deal with the situation in the same location?

Don't be so damned silly.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Good on ya.

I took two very valuable things to the Asian mission field:

1. Donald Duck talk
2. A rather authentic dog bark (A) BIG dog and (B) little dog.

Crying etc. unruly younger kids tend to be arrested quickly by the dog bark. I usually use that. Sometimes the Donald Duck talk if the kid is closer and looks to be amenable to it.

I also have 4 X 6" cards in my shirt pocket and have been known to suggest some course of action to the parents and sign them "--a PhD in Clinical Psychology" . . . which is true.

I don't recall any terrible responses. Usually the parents feel at their wits end and helpless to begin with. And, there's not the time or place for a 3 hr class!

Sometimes I'll write the title of a good book on child rearing, on the card as well.

I think our selfish, arrogant, self-centered, thoughtless, "me first," "..p yours," "do whatever you like," culture has spawned a lot of horrific stuff. When all the chickens come home to roose--there's going to be a huge uhhhh rooster fight.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join