It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mud...a review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Never a dull moment in this film by Jeff Nichols. Fantastic cast, great script, locations, music, etc. actually almost everything about this film was great.

I almost never go see a film twice but the performance by Matthew McConaughey deserves another look.

I think I would rather see a story about people than the big budget CGI fest like "Ironman" any day.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I hope it is good, though it will be a while before I see it. Going to the theater is just to darn wasteful nowadays. And I have been all too often disappointed.

I’ll watch it when it is on NetFlix or at the library.

It's not a tear jerker is it?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by olaru12

I hope it is good, though it will be a while before I see it. Going to the theater is just to darn wasteful nowadays. And I have been all too often disappointed.

I’ll watch it when it is on NetFlix or at the library.

It's not a tear jerker is it?

Movie tickets are expensive! I'm in the lucky position of being a SAG-AFTRA actor and we get in some theaters free. That's why I review so many movies.

definitely not a tear jerker!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

definitely not a tear jerker!

That's good to hear.
The trailers look interesting.

By tear jerker, it could be happy or sad. I'm getting all emotional lately. It must be a vitamin deficiency.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
We have FEW actors these days that can TOTALLY own a character like McConaughey does in Mud. He isn't McConaughey , he's Mud. Wow. I had no idea that he was that talented.

I'm a former film student and, even so, I don't watch that many movies these days, but this one is absolutely superior!

Filmmaking in the traditional sense. Damn near "visual literature." Just about as close as the filmmaking medium can come. Word.

A film I will definitely watch at least a few times. Script, actors, cinematography, time & place....

top topics

join