It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Rally in Support of Syrian Army in Tallkalkh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
sana.sy...

Mass Rally in Support of Syrian Army in Tallkalkh
May 17, 2013
HOMS, (SANA) - After the Friday prayers in Tallkalkh mosques, the worshipers went out in a mass rally to support the Syrian Arab Army in its operations against the armed terrorist groups, which are targeting public establishments and tampering with Syria's security and stability.

The participants condemned the acts of terrorism committed by the armed terrorist groups against Syria's public institutions and citizens, affirming their readiness to offer their souls for defending Syria and restoring security and stability to it.

Head of the City Council Akram Klysha pointed out that a number of terrorists handed over their weapons in Tallkalakh and were released, espically after the Legislative Decree No. 23 for the year 2013 which granted general amnesty to the crimes committed before 16 April, 2013.

Not the biggest crowd I've ever seen in the Middle East but this one formed after their prayers at the Mosque so it's not a crowd of thousands or hundred of thousands but a large gathering none the less. It makes sense they are protesting the terrorists and the only people who are actively looking to stop the terrorists are the Syrian army. Protesting terrorists isn't isolated to Syria, there's are protests all over the Middle East regarding terrorists and their attacks quite often, another recent protest was in Turkey about the very same Syrian terrorists. The people of Libya are actually protesting the terrorists themselves and then overrunning their terrorist bases burning them to the ground. It's pretty awesome. Protesting terrorism in the Middle East is a dangerous business because they terrorists will target anyone, especially someone who supports the gov't and opposes them so these protesters truly are courageous.

I'm no fan of Assad. Just search Youtube with " Assad protest secret police" and your blood will boil! But, I hate the terrorists more and the only one stopping them is Assad's army. What's the UN and the west done to stop terrorism in the Syria? Funded them? Considering arming them publicly, god knows what shady crap is going on behind the scenes. Then again, I don't want the UN helping because NATO just may get involved and more war probably isn't the answer because Libya is in the gutter right now over run with terrorism.

Estimates from 50,000 to 80,000 have been killed so far and at least half are civilians so what has the UN done to stop the terrorists in Syria? And I'm not talking about Assad and his army, I'm talking about Al Qaeda. You know whose been helping Syria? Russia. My heart and prayers goes out the Syrian civilians who are caught up in the middle of this rock and hard place. If I lived in Syria I'd do my best to leave and it doesn't have to be forever but it's way to dangerous right now.

edit on 17-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I agree, and watching the transition from Al-Qaeda is an enemy to Al-Qaeda is an ally has been interesting.
It is obvious that they started out as a tool for the US and still are today.
As I said in another thread, Assad is the lesser of two evils at this stage.
edit on 17-5-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Estimates from 50,000 to 80,000 have been killed

Usually hyped death toll Estimates even the one man operation in London has stated he doesn't know the actual numbers.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Hyped up death tolls? Between Asaad's secret police/army, the real rebels, & the low life terrorists, I'm sure the death tolls aren't hyped up. People are dying everyday.

Unless you have some other sources that back your claim that you'd like to share?

I'll start, from Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

Estimates of deaths in the Syrian civil war, per opposition activist groups, vary between 70,610[1][2] and 94,000,[3] the later figure combining several sources. On 15 May 2013, the United Nations put out an estimate of 80,000 that had died in the war.[4]

UNICEF reported that over 500 children have been killed by early February 2012.[5][6] Another 400 children have been reportedly arrested and tortured in Syrian prisons.[7][8] Both claims have been contested by the Syrian government.[9] Additionally, over 600 detainees and political prisoners have died under torture.[10] By mid-May 2013, the opposition activist group SOHR reported the number of children killed in the conflict had risen to 4,788, while at the same time 3,048 women were also killed.[11]

Everyone is reporting these numbers, from Israel, to the US and the West, back to Egypt and so on.

Btw, who is the 1 man operation in London?
edit on 18-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Good thread OP,

When it comes to Syria i am trying to maintain a neutral stance but some of the recent atrocities I have been reading about the violent acts of the Rebels makes it hard for me not to start leaning towards Assad. A big part of me thinks that Assad may be the lesser of two evils, especially with the growing power of Al-Nusra (Al-Qa’ida). The only thing i would say is not to overestimate their presence, they are without doubt present and influential but they do not operate under the command of the Syrian National Council and are not the biggest fraction in Syria.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I hear ya, I mean, who do you root for? The terrorists or Assad's secret police/army? Both have committed atrocities. I suppose those that get our support would be the real rebels but the problem is they are over run with terrorists. Hell, Al-Nusra was the rebels most prominent fighting force against Assad, even killing civilians, until they openly embraced Al Qaeda.

Syria is a hot mess and that's why I suggest the Syrian people just leave because they are the true victims who are caught up in the middle.
edit on 18-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sooo....who is the government telling us to support in this one?, are we rooting for Al-Qaeda or Assad?, ever since 9/11 and learning that brown people from foreign nations were bad, I just dont know who to root for anymore
I really wish Fox would weigh in and tell me what to think on this one. Anyone????

join