It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Data and Gun Thefts in Tasmania

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

AN East Coast woman robbed of thousands of dollars worth of guns from her remote property soon after the weapons were registered is calling for answers from Police Commissioner Darren Hine.

"All nine guns listed were stolen that night. They didn't bother going into the house or taking the tools, electrical equipment or anything else of value stored in those sheds. They went straight to the safes, got the guns, went to the building where the ammunition was stored in a locked box and took that. "They knew exactly what they were doing and they didn't damage anything they didn't need to. From what everyone's saying, that's what happens every time."

The firearms included a Savage .22 Magnum and other powerful rifles, as well as a 12-gauge shotgun -- the preferred weapon in Tasmania's recent spate of drive-by shootings.

www.themercury.com.au...

My conclusions on why I think there is a conspiracy here.
Seems like a conspiracy going on with the Licensing of fire arms and registering of fire arms.
as soon as you register your guns they are stolen a week later, this isn't coincidental its happen a fair bit around the state of Tasmania.

It could be someone at the gun registry being corrupt or could it be another motive for anti-gun lobbies to try get legal guns into the hands of criminals to ban all guns?

Makes for the perfect conspiracy if you ask me these anti gun lobby people tell the thief's to steel the guns.
Thief's do a spate of shooting around the state to show we should still need to be fearing all guns and nobody should have them legally.

I know this is little compared to United States but remember we had Port Arthur one of the worse massacres in Australia in 1996. I do not believe the original story either.

edit on 17-5-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Before I went into the US navy, I had a healthy distrust of Government.

After I got out, I realized that negligence is often mistaken for malice,
and now I don't trust the government to tie it's own shoes.

But reading a story like this...
I don't give a flippin finger if it's in the US or not,
makes me very very close to being angry at all government.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Could it be the government's special forces or the police themselves that are doing it? They have no respect for the law, and are hell-bent on gun confiscation by any means necessary.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
My feeling is that negligence in Tasmania
is married to some criminal element.

Sloppy record security,
friend of a friend on the force
and it's just like the "do not call" list
where government volunteers call every day.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego
Could it be the government's special forces or the police themselves that are doing it? They have no respect for the law, and are hell-bent on gun confiscation by any means necessary.

could be but its very interesting that its come to our attention.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Thought some more on this.

Here is a thread I made a few days ago talking about the spate of shootings by illegal guns.
Where Mass Murder Occured and Gun Laws Bought In Doesn't Work

Now the media is bringing this up at the time of the shootings, If any bet there will be something following this article I posted in my OP.

Just a prediction of what might come.
The following might conclude something like, Tasmania will ban the guns entirely as they will always ended up being stolen put in the wrong hands of such types like criminals. Following this there will be property raids for gun seizures.

I think the police know that the illegal stolen guns are easy to get back, As in recent months here in Tasmania there has been a number of drug raids, where they have found illegal guns such as automatic assault rifles and stolen guns.

This is just one of the conclusion.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I guess if this happened in the United States
everyone would have something to say about it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Clearly now that it's a known problem now the gun owners need to set up some booby trap for the gun thieves. Maybe a gun safe rigged with dye bombs and tear gas for example. Along with concealed video cameras.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yeah it would be interesting to set these guys up.

see how professional they are.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Seems to be more going on in the news related to firearms in this state.

Tasmania Police has held 22 searches as part of Operation Unification - Illicit Firearms, and during the search has seized 29 weapons.

www.theadvocate.com.au...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Gun Database Unsecure

Ok guys been awhile since I posted this thread here is a update on the new media coverage of this topic.

Police sources have told the Mercury the firearms registry database lacks technical sophistication and does not record if it has been accessed -- lawfully or unlawfully -- unless the person looking at it changes information.

Source: www.themercury.com.au...

Seems to me that this database can be accessed by any police officer and it isn't logged unless you change the data in the database.

Robberies with some eerie similarities

Tasmanian police are searching for two men who held up a packed pub in Hobart's northern suburbs overnight dressed in forensic-style jumpsuits.

The men wearing balaclavas, gloves and overalls walked into the lounge area of the Derwent Tavern at Bridgewater about 7:00pm. One was carrying a firearm. The men ordered everyone to lie on the ground and then helped themselves to the pub's TOTE takings.

Source: www.abc.net.au...
recent robbery same similarities.

These guys look like last years bandits. Same Blue jump suits and everything here is a video from last years well organized robbery. .
last years robberies

I wonder if these are police officers pulling these robberies off for some reason. forensic styled jumpsuits??? were could one obtain this get up in Tasmania unless you was a police officer.
edit on 6-6-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

At least another 10 firearms are on the streets following two separate robberies in the state's north in the past 24 hours. The Longford Mitre 10 hardware store was burgled early this morning, with at least four rifles stolen. Police say that thieves broke into the store by smashing a hole in the rear wall of the building.

www.examiner.com.au...

Where are all these criminals getting the information of where abouts guns are from. Could It be our gun registrar has been compromised..
edit on 27-8-2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

top topics

join