It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New App Lets You Boycott Koch Brothers, Monsanto And More By Scanning Your Shopping Cart

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
App has been pulled from Android store until dev can fix it. Server overloads. Not sure if its on the apple store or not. No word on when it will be back on Android.

...Or is the technology being suppressed by the corporations it may impact?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
wouldn´t it be better if you scan the label and the phone lets off a screeching noise or something to the effect of ´´Warning this product is poisonous´´ flashing up gmo in big red letters I think that would make the app much better and effective in a crowded supermarket

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The app is no longer available on Google play which is annoying, I wanted to try it out in asda lol

King

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

awesome, thank you for sharing!

thank you

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Uh oh! What if its a devilish plot by (NWO, Illuminati, TPTB, MSM, "The Man" and/or Whitey) to force all conspiracy theorists to get smart phones, thus causing their movements to be easily tracked!

Seriously the app is an interesting idea. However all endeavors such as this has its own agenda. People don't just make these tools for the good of mankind. I personally don't trust any device that markets itself on moral fortitude without first defining every element of the product (i.e. who made it, why they made it, who funded its development, etc).

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
el oh el, hats off to having to buy a phone made by 9 year olds so you can find out whether or not your phone was made by a 9 year old.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This is just awesome and a perfect demonstration of the new internet culture that I've seen bubbling up or emerging of late.

It makes me want to laugh out loud (lol is no longer hip btw).

Power to the people! Rah!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Nice, I would love to do all I can to impede on the progress of MonSATAN and other, similar scumbags.

Nothing like hitting em where it hurts, their pockets!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

This is just awesome and a perfect demonstration of the new internet culture that I've seen bubbling up or emerging of late.

It makes me want to laugh out loud (lol is no longer hip btw).

Power to the people! Rah!

I couldn't agree more! I have a funny feeling that this may just be the first, of a whole new range, of what I like to call "accountability apps."

I really think this is going to catch on like wildfire and someday, this point in time will be known as the "Global Consumer Spring."

Look out Monsanto, we're coming for ya and we're armed with the technology to make you pay!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf

Originally posted by VoidHawk
reply to post by RickyD

I dont think it would be a very large file, and anyway it could easily be compressed. Most mobile phones could EASILY handle a small database.

Compression/Decompression just increases the amount of time and resources your phone would need to work with the database; that idea would lead to even worse performance.

Can you imagine the size of the DB, dude? We're talking 10's of 1000's of products, each with various other pieces of info attached. You're just going to have to believe us all when we say your phone can't handle a database that size.

Sorry dude but that's just nonsense.
You should get into database programming, they really are quite efficient you know!
As for "Compression/Decompression", I doubt that would take longer than sending a request to a server, waiting for it to sort the data, and then send it back to the user.

Most smart phones are powerful enough to easily handle the job.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaithisFerenczy

Who cares what you'r fussed about?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So the Koch brother donate a mill to the tea party boo whoooo. The democrats gets hundreds of millions from Goldman sacs and no one is crying.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
WOOOT! Let's boycott companies because we don't know anything about science!

I have seen absolutely no studies that show GM food is harmful that don't make extreme scientific mistakes.

Stay ignorant ATS!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by amfirst1
So the Koch brother donate a mill to the tea party boo whoooo. The democrats gets hundreds of millions from Goldman sacs and no one is crying.

Goldman sachs donates to BOTH parties....and no one is crying.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Downloaded and plan to use it every time I go to the grocery store !
Thanks for pointing this out !

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88

You can scan a bottle of Absolut vodka or a bag of Starbucks coffee beans and learn that both companies have come out for equal marriage.

Why do companies have opinions?

Well, they're people now, so...

I've been advocating for technology like this for a while, and hope this leads to even more.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
the dreaded double click double post
edit on 5/18/2013 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Awesome! I know the settings I'm gonna set it for right off the bat (as soon as it comes out for Android): AMERICAN MADE or FAIR TRADE. No more slave labor to bring cheap garbage products to me. I want my products to either come from America, or come from a country/company with America's standards of worker safety.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Why would this not be used just like voter fraud ?? just get a bunch of people together and spam some company's name all day long................and if you can't do without the product you will buy it anyway.

The human factor will always be in the mix, I just don't think we as a species are capable of doing the right thing any longer...........things just seem to be getting worse with no one left to fix it.

Don't mean to offend anybody, just my opinion.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
WOOOT! Let's boycott companies because we don't know anything about science!

I have seen absolutely no studies that show GM food is harmful that don't make extreme scientific mistakes.

Stay ignorant ATS!

LOL

..lol?

I pray you are joking....lol, please be joking

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join