It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New App Lets You Boycott Koch Brothers, Monsanto And More By Scanning Your Shopping Cart

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

New App Lets You Boycott Koch Brothers, Monsanto And More By Scanning Your Shopping Cart

www. forbes.com

Once you’ve scanned an item, Buycott will show you its corporate family tree on your phone screen. Scan a box of Splenda sweetener, for instance, and you’ll see its parent, McNeil Nutritionals, is a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson JNJ +0.73%.

Even more impressively, you can join user-created campaigns to boycott business practices that violate your principles rather than single companies. One of these campaigns, Demand GMO Labeling, will scan your box of cereal and tell you if it was made by one of the 36 corporations that donated more than $150,000 to oppose the mandatory labeling of g
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnet.com
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.triplepundit.com
www.breitbart.co m

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I really wanted to post this thread in the "Bully Pulpit" forum just because of the ironic way in which this new Buycott app will give the average person a voice as powerful as that of anyone in the public arena, the power of the almighty dollar. Apparently, I'm not entitled to post or view that forum.

Anyway, I heard about this new app last night on the MSM and it hit me that this could be huge. Now, the consumer will be firmly in the drivers seat when it comes to letting their preferences be known to the corporate powers that be. This app will enable us to be much more effective with our boycotts on a national and/or even global level.

We all know that money talks and B.S. walks and this new app will change the application of that old saying in a whole new way.

www. forbes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

This is sooooo awesome. I think you just pushed me over the edge into buying a smart phone. Seriously, this reinforces my optimism for where society is headed. Truly, truly awesome.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by Flatfish

This is sooooo awesome. I think you just pushed me over the edge into buying a smart phone. Seriously, this reinforces my optimism for where society is headed. Truly, truly awesome.

My thoughts exactly! I'm currently still stuck with my old flip phone but this particular app will probably be just the impetus I needed to make the change.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with koch brothers, but there is plenty wrong with monsato and gmo produce.

Everyone is blaming tea party or occupy, when they should be blaming everything that is wrongfully mainstream.

The reason I mention tea party is because people already know the koch brothers have strong ties to the libertarian movement and tea party. In case they didn't know before, well now they know.

carry on. As for mobile phones I can't say I love them. I kinda dislike them.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
this is brilliant. Sign me up.

I'll make sure to tell everyone I know about it and spread the word.

It does give hope to humanity when we can all join forces and fight the corporate fascism pieces of greedy crap.

Hopefully before its too late. Soylent Green is made of people, brought to you by Monsatano

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

You can scan a bottle of Absolut vodka or a bag of Starbucks coffee beans and learn that both companies have come out for equal marriage.

Why do companies have opinions?

I like the app, very cool

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm grabbing this app asap...single best app I've heard of thus far...and I've seen some pretty awesome apps out there. I'll be spreading the word...this finally gives a simple way for people to use their money to voice their opinions on par with the scale of most moderate companies. It has to be simple and something people don't have to think or do much to have any effect these days...it's sad but true.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I like it, however I don't have a smart phone. I like my phone and it have features I would lose if I upgraded.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
nice one hit the baxxxxxs where it hurts s& f for that as i have not seen it anywhere else ? i wonder why good find

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Now I finally have a reason to get one of those damned smart-phones
Now...I have a reason to be "cool." LOL!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Right on, excellent find!

S+F, I'm getting this app.

ETA: After reading the comment below, I have to add:

edit on 17-5-2013 by KyrieEleison because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
There is nothing wrong with koch brothers, but there is plenty wrong with monsato and gmo produce.

While I'm sure there are many here on ATS who would disagree with that statement, the beauty of this app is that the choice is yours to boycott those who you feel are opposed to the interest you hold dear.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
This sounds like a great app but many people already know most of the foods sold in the main grocery stores are not free of the green thumb of Monsanto. So if you don't already have an organic store to shop from, you might be losing a few pounds.....which could be a good thing.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ahh yes,.
another app wanna be company cashing in on a cause,.
Get the app,.maybe free for now,. then pay later

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

The reason I mention tea party is because people already know the koch brothers have strong ties to the libertarian movement and tea party. In case they didn't know before, well now they know.

The Koch brothers are anything but Libertarian; more like neofascist imo; And their only connection with the Tea Party is to undermine the Tea Party ideals and steer them to the GOP.

I'm getting this app to be able to be informed about the Monsanto poisons, GMO food and other BS they foist on the unwitting American public disguised as food.
edit on 17-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
What I'd like to see!
The app should down load the database to your phone, why?
Because the way it appears to work at the moment (correct me if I'm wrong) is it sends a request to THEM!!! for the data on every item you scan.
This means THEY have a copy of your purchasing history!!

If the people behind this app want to convince me that they are genuinely on OUR side then they should let us download the database so that we can keep OUR purchasing history PRIVATE.

It's a good way to get the phone number (and location) of all the anti corporate types.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

Poison food and products kill.

reply to post by VoidHawk

Just because I scan it doesn't mean I'm buying it.
edit on 5/17/2013 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

And you know what...I would. I'd pay 1-5$ for something this helpful with it's potential. Everything in this world cost money to run and make. Nothing released is perfect and has to be debugged. People have to code and those people have to make a living so they can do things like this in their spare time or get paid so either you get things debugged and worked out faster or you have an app that never takes off because it's subpar. I personally don't mind supporting this at all if it comes down to it.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

That may be true, but if it is a choice between eating poison and ending up on some list...

I'll take the list.

Besides, it only tracks what you choose to scan, not what you ultimately end up buying. If anything, it lets them know what people WON'T be buying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join