It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over St. Pete Florida 5-16-13

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

I agree.

There should be at least a couple of shaded pixels showing the diver dangling from the chute.

But you asked for thoughts, and that was my first thought.

Then again, maybe the diver is swung up behind the chute during those few seconds captured on the video ? The speed of the steady decent with a lightweight milar balloon just doesn't make sense unless it's a super windy day, which doesn't seem to be the case from the sounds of the video ?
edit on 17-5-2013 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

Perspective my dear watson

Its not moving that fast, its the angle its filmed, its not falling out of the sky, it rolling with the wind.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
From the videographer in reply:

hey dude just saw your post. the video isnt edited at all and it was probably between 800-1,000ft and i slowed my video down to 75% to be able to see it a little better. I can give you the raw 30fps video clip if you want to analyze it a little more. let me know

AmberLeaf...would you perhaps be able to do more with the original vid if I were to have him send it to me? Then of course I would need a way to send it to you...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
From the videographer in reply:

hey dude just saw your post. the video isnt edited at all and it was probably between 800-1,000ft and i slowed my video down to 75% to be able to see it a little better. I can give you the raw 30fps video clip if you want to analyze it a little more. let me know

AmberLeaf...would you perhaps be able to do more with the original vid if I were to have him send it to me? Then of course I would need a way to send it to you...

yea no problem il have to do it tomorrow or sunday though as its kind of late now. Can it be emailed? Pm me and il sort you an email to send it to if it can be sent that way, i think it would need compressing though, otherwise you can upload to youtube, set it to private and add my email there so i can view it..
edit on 17-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Here was my response to him...

Not sure if you saw the thread I posted your video in or not? This member AmberLeaf seems to have some decent video editing software. I replied in the thread to see if they would perhaps be able to better analyze the original video. With what they have posited so far, the mylar balloon seems pretty plausible however if you think 800 to 1000 ft...it may be worth a more detailed look. I am not sure if you're familiar with the forum I posted your video on, but they are a pretty intelligent bunch in regards to UFO videos and what was actually captured. Please understand that I am not outwardly suggesting this was faked, however, due to the amount of UFO vids these days that are, one has to eliminate this aspect before more in depth analysis get's done.
If the offer still stands, I'd be more than happy to accept the original just in case anyone volunteers to examine the original footage. With that, I would be remiss if i didn't invite you to the forum, if only as a spectator, but feel free to sign up and jump in on the conversation. It's always better to get info from the horses mouth.
If you'd like, you can email me the original video: *********@live.com
Thank you for the response. Name is ******** btw, and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

I'll U2U you...so if he does email me...I'll send it to an email, or I can upload it to Youtube, however i think Youtube robs a little of the quality if i remember correctly, but whatever is easiest for you and by all means at your leisure.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I actually thought it was a balloon when I first saw it, but when I zoomed in my camera it looked less like a balloon. The pictures on here are pretty spot on, and the original is 605mb so i'm not going to bother sending it over, looks like the answer is a C balloon.
-Steve

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join