It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over St. Pete Florida 5-16-13

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The following video was posted on one of my local news station's Facebook page in the "Posts by Others" section...

Here's the video description from Youtube...

Published on May 16, 2013
While filming clouds to later playback at higher speeds, i spotted something odd gliding through the sky. I could barely see it through the screen on the camera, hence the shaky and unfocused footage. I managed to get a few good clean shots though. This is played back at 75% original speed for stabilization.

Here is the post as it was written on Facebook...

UFO over St. Pete yesterday. Can anyone tell what this is, or did anyone see this over the tyrone area. it looked like a saucer in person.

So I decided to take a look at this guy's Facebook page and I saw this...

About

Asst. Operations Manager at Short Moves Inc. and Camera / Media Manager / As Needed at Freelance Film Production

Studied Film Production Tech: Cinematography at Valencia Community College

I decided not to link his actual Facebook page to this post.

I commented on his Facebook post and asked... if he had to guess, from the vantage point he shot the video, could he tell the relative size and distance the object was from him. That was just a few minutes ago from the time I am posting this thread so I have yet to receive a response. I will post any response (if necessary).

I figured I would probably get a quicker response here. I already had a "shopped" vibe when I viewed the video without having the details I gathered after, but to give the benefit of the doubt I figured I would post it here and let ATS have a go at it.

I am not versed enough with being able to tell for certain if this has indeed been "shopped" but thus far, I am seeing a number of traits that "shopped" vids carry.

I screen capped the video while playing in 1080 HD and then zoomed in on the object, here's the result...

Thoughts?
edit on 5/17/2013 by UberL33t because: GPS

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Edit...looking deeper 2 secs
edit on 17-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Replying to the post below, Mylar balloon is pretty plausible, it seems to be moving at a pretty good click though and to me, seems to be descending...but then again what goes up must come down so maybe.
edit on 5/17/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

lol yea i jumped the gun without really looking, my guess is mylar balloon, im just looking in some editing software to confirm my suspicions.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

That's actually interesting. I can't see any sign of manipulation.

Again though it's to tiny to tell. Without going to full HD on a full screen I could not even see it. Could be anything from a plane to an RC model. Or..............?

I have no opinion beyond the fact it's not manipulated.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

That's as good a guess as any I think. It covers to few pixels to be useful.

After watching it go behind the wires, it's not manipulated at all I think.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

an RC model

THAT, was my absolute initial thought before the manipulation thought. And, was the basis of why I asked the "size and distance" question.

I know it's my minds eye that is judging the latter but based on the speed and apparent decent angle it had I almost feel it's fairly close to him, more than what he may have realized given the RC model aspect.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Right, ive put it in vegas pro, and to me it looks like a mylar balloon, its moving slow with the wind and it changes shape as its moving....its a half inflated balloon from what i can see.

Looks like a C or M shape, the top sometimes faces upwards because there is more air in that part of the balloon, it sort of rolls in the wind.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Nice work...

Is it possible to post a screen cap of a close up to show the Mylar balloon in a little more detail?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Looks like a low Earth orbit satellite with the sun reflecting off the solar panels.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I think you nailed it...great work...I'd star that post more than once if I could!

Thank you for taking the time on it.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

Thats really low earth, like 100ft-150ft in the sky lol.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Possibly the ISS??... it did make a pass over Florida 05/16/13.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Yes it did...but that was around 4 A.M. if I recall the Weather Man's reminder correctly.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I took the liberty of linking your post in the Facebook post and mentioned it as well on the comments in Youtube.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

I think you nailed it...great work...I'd star that post more than once if I could!

Thank you for taking the time on it.

To me this shows classic characteristics of a balloon being pushed by the wind. Its a fairly calm day, and its not that high. If it were much higher he wouldnt have been able to focus and it would appear slower. It rolls in the wind as its pushed..they can look odd, but these shiny slow moving objects are normally balloons.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I will concur...if not a "C" some form of crescent shaped Mylar balloon, likely, was perhaps partially deflated and on it's decent....maybe like this...

or even this...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Good job, they are all potential candidates.

The most telling thing is its speed and the way its kind of rolling, and of course its size

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

I screen capped the video while playing in 1080 HD and then zoomed in on the object, here's the result...

Thoughts?

Ahh...

The life of a parachutist.

I wonder if someone took a video of me quickly gliding down on my descent back to earth when I jumped out of a perfectly good plane on my 40th birthday ?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I will say the shape is relative, minus the skydiver...the size and the distance do not allude to a parachute imho. I would think you'd see a pixel or two taken up by the person dangling from the parachute.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join