It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real-Life Superpowers Under A Bush Regime

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
I always found it funny how when someone attacks someone else its because their insecure. It's because people get tired of hearing the samething over and over again without proof that can be tested and repeated. I think the only thing you mentioned that has any merit is remote viewing. I think science still obviously has a lot to learn, but the scientific method is the best weve got, and to throw that out everytime something controversal comes around, is just plain silly and the opposite of progression. Science isnt really about "truth", it just takes what it can and sees what works, what doesnt work. It observes. With that said, I think the evidence for these powers, is inconclusive as of right now. In my personal opinion, the only thing that you mentioned that I would give any serious consideration is remote viewing, but thats just me. I hope I havent offended you, thats not my intention and if I have, im sorry.

I'm not offended in the slightest. I am all for dissenting viewpoints coming together to discuss a certain topic, when it is on-topic. For example, when Christians & Pagans & Athiests come together on ATS to discuss whether or not the New Testament is the literal word of God. But if a poster went to a thread about a Christian topic such as the Spear of Longinus or the Prophecies of Fatima and just deposited a post that said "I think you're all nuts & the Bible obviously is a fairytale," I don't see what purpose such a post serves other than to put-down another person's beliefs & to make the poster feel better somehow about their own position. There are perhaps better ways to go about engaging in a discussion.

But I guess the bigger point I'm trying to make (because I realize I've done this ATS etiquette thing to death & it's really the purview of the Mods) is that I don't see the need anymore to convince non-believers because I don't believe that serves a purpose that will benefit me or people like me.

Me and my boyfriend are quite aware of the fact that there are things I can do in terms of extra-sensory ability (or supernatural ability) that are way outside the norm. We were not sure what approach to take with that. I thought that if I went on boards and discussed it with other people, it might help me in some way--either by getting information to help hone my abilities further, or acquire a certain moral or ethical direction, or just by finding a community of likeminded others.

ATS has provided some of those things, & I am appreciative. But when I come right down to it, the best advice is that old-standard: "don't tell anybody about this."

This is probably a selfish viewpoint, but I think these gifts are from God (or whoever) meant for me & for my benefit. There is no application in this current world that I can see for using those gifts for the betterment of society at large. There are no benefits that I can see for going public about my experiences, other than perhaps to make a fast buck (if I'm savvy enough).

And I think the existence of hard-line skeptics in this world and the general skepticism of the world in general is another divine gift. It is better to be merely ridiculed than to be believed & persecuted. Thanks to skeptics, I can talk about my beliefs & my experiences & be thought of at best as a harmless eccentric that perhaps has read too many X-Men comics, and at worst as "delusional." In the meantime I practice, I study, I observe, & I live my life the way I want unobstructed.

While of course my abilities are quite limited, and probably not that much more than the average person on ATS posting a thread about an OBE or deja vu experience, picture this: say there is a person who can do things like project a feeling of "sickness" on other people or effect electricity or the weather by mind & emotion. If somebody really existed like that, it would be pretty damned creepy, wouldn't it? If the person sitting next to me moved a book across the table with his mind, I would get pretty scared. I would wonder what else this person can do. I would wonder what would stop such individuals from taking advantage of non-powered individuals. The idea of hitting this person in the head with a brick would for an instant enter my mind as I was filled wth revulsion & fear.

The world simply isn't ready for this. Humanity isn't ready for this. An administration who can't wrap their heads around the idea of Gay marriage isn't ready for this.

I prefer disbelief & to fear any old time.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Whether Kerry or Bush got elected wouldn't change how people perceive the paranormal. Even though christians should actually believe in the paranormal and believe in treating others as they would like to be treated, what do you think would be their reaction to someone walking on water? Fear and panic? I think the answer is yes. What if they could raise the dead too? Even more fear. To top it off what if this person said he was Jesus returned to Earth? He must be of the devil would be the reactions of many I believe. Just remember human nature is going to stay the same for our entire lifetimes, if someone was crucified over 2000 years ago for claiming certain things and used paranormal powers then, it could happen again. On the other hand if he was the antichrist, he would probably be worshipped instead. I believe that's what many christians believe may still happen.

I know if I saw someone walking on water at a nearby lake, it would probably be on the evening news and the talk of the town and maybe the country. That person would not get any rest after that. I tend to agree it would not be safe to reveal any big supernatural powers if one wanted a normal life. However if one wanted to be a superstar then they could just reveal away. They would need proof though instead of a bunch of talk. For that matter, if someone really had verifiable super powers, they could probably get a very well paid government job putting their abilities to use. Of course secrecy would be important. We wouldn't want a bunch of conspiracy claims of the government using supernatural powers to influence elections or change the course of world events would we?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

The world simply isn't ready for this. Humanity isn't ready for this. An administration who can't wrap their heads around the idea of Gay marriage isn't ready for this.

I prefer disbelief & to fear any old time.

Ready for what? Where is it? All I see is snake-oil salesmen on tv selling books and using slight of hand. I think its easier to say people arent ready than to admit that nobody has any of these superpowers. And the reason I disbelieve is because so many people claim things and we've not seen anyone with any of these powers. They all turn out to be frauds or delusional people. I'd gladly believe if someone actually showed these powers. And I dont see what there is to be afraid of, but thats just me. I think it would be cool, I dont disbelieve because I want to, I dont believe because I see no extraordinary evidence for these extraordinary claims. 51 % of Americans may not be ready, the rest of the world is, we see nothing.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alec Eiffel
I think its easier to say people arent ready than to admit that nobody has any of these superpowers.

I respect your opinion, but if I "admitted" to you that nobody has these superpowers, I would be lying to you. But my point is...maybe I *should* lie?

As for whether people be scared or not--I'll speak from my own personal experience. I have had a dozen or so instances where I have had witnesses to my ESP activity. One involved telekinesis. The reaction has been for the most part really really creeped out--from both friends & strangers. In the telekinesis instance, I did not view the telekinesis personally but my bosses did (which is not good); I understand how a person could be skeptical because I had a great deal of trouble believing them. But in every instance regarding people's reactions to the phenomena it has been negative (with the exception of my boyfriend, who's just gonna have to put up with it). The exact reaction was one of fear, revulsion, or even "it must be the Devil." I have had a person stop speaking to me because she believed I had to be in league with demons or some nonsense. I have had another friend be cool about it provided I never ever ever mentioned what happened ever again.

And I do agree with you that there are a lot of snake-oil salesmen (and women) out there. I have had some serious doubts about John Edwards (not VP candidate) though I tend to believe Sylvia Browne. I think in this arena you'll have phonies & you'll have the real thing, just like everything else.

And Esoterica, Spectre U2Ued me--thanks for the kind words. I'm glad this could be resolved. Let's agree to disagree--variety of opinion is what makes ATS interesting!

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Alec, check out this webforum.

www.xtrememind.com...

There are extraordinary claims being made here and they are repeatable. Furthermore anybody can try them. They sell products that enhance ESP.

Look through the site and see if what they're claiming is true or not. Or can different people from different parts of the world be lying or be innacurate??? I think not.

Just look at these two threads. And decide for yourself if they're telling the truth or not.

Spiralling Chi Energy, WOW!!!!!!

Psychic Seduction 6, anyone tried it? Its so cool!!!

[edit on 7-11-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
It's funny how the wise posters here are always presenting far more logical arguments, yet get treated and labeled as close-minded, but still remaining emotionally calm, while everyone else opposing him gets more aggravated, but keeps losing the intellectual battle.

I salute Esoterica.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnconsciousEntity
It's funny how the wise posters here are always presenting far more logical arguments, yet get treated and labeled as close-minded, but still remaining emotionally calm, while everyone else opposing him gets more aggravated, but keeps losing the intellectual battle.

I salute Esoterica.

While I hear what you're saying, I think part of the problem is that topics like religion & the paranormal just don't lend themselves well to rationality & logic. Try to pick apart a devout Christian or Muslim's belief using rationality & logic. Try to apply logic to the question of why there are millions of people who believe in their hearts that an invisible God looks after & protects them. Or better yet, look at science itself...

Scientists have found that the smallest pieces of matter don't behave in a logical, rational way. That these subatomic particles defy what we consider reality--and that they are shaped by the observation & thoughts of the scientist! Read about the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle & the enigma of Schrodinger's Cat. These subatomic particles don't confirm to our notions of reality & yet they are the building-blocks of everything we know is reality. The very essence of matter can perform things like bi-location, interaction with our thoughts, and other irrational feats--how is this possible? Are these scientists delusional, are they caught up in religious fancies, are they smoking crack? Google quantum physics or Heisenberg or Schrodinger or better yet, read the excellent mainstream science book "The Holographic Universe" and then come back and post on ATS that you feel without a doubt that ESP and telekinesis are impossible--that the thousands upon thousands of reports (as well as many laboratory studies) of extra-sensory perception are without merit.

Build a foundation in modern quantum physics, and then go back to the questions about things such as ESP, telekinesis--even the possibility of time travel! Read what your scientists--the so-called arbiters of reality--are saying. They are talking about multiple universes, extra-sensory perception, time loops, the whole gamut of what is commonly thought of as science-fiction & "crackpot" supernatural theory! I'm not talking about pseudo-scientists who write books for Adventures Unlimited--I'm talking about fully accredited physics experts at major universities.

These scientists are coming up against the wall of realizing that the basic elements of existence, the smallest packets of matter, behave in a manner more akin to magic than rational science.

I think it is good to have skeptical inquiry. After I had a fight with a person on my job, left the conference room table, heard a crash, and was told that immediately after I left the room a coffee cup flew off the table & collided into the wall, I felt that they were putting me on; that somebody must have thrown that cup into the wall themselves. I would have liked to believe that I had the ability to do that (because it is rather neat), but even I (yes even I) have a level of skepticism about something I did not witness myself. Even though I cannot see why somebody would have taken that nice coffee cup and thrown it into a wall and then lied that I had some sort of TK ability (nobody there knew about my just-beginning esoteric ideas at the time), I to this day cannot believe that this could have really happened.

But I think a balance between the realms of Belief and Skepticism is needed. I think the myriad voices of ATS strike that balance & it's really a good & healthy thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Cassie Clay- if the following is true, I believe that the US Govt already is very aware of people with psychic gifts and is doing something about these "satanic emmissaries."

RF Media, 1990, CIA:
Electronic, multi-directional subliminal suggestion and programming
Target: national population of US
Purpose: Programming and triggering behavioral desire, subversion of psychic abilities of population
Pseudonym: Buzz Saw

Tower, 1990, CIA, NSA:
Electronic Cross Country subliminal programming and suggestion
Target: Mass population; short range intervals with long range accumulation
Purpose: Programming through neural resonance and encoded information to produce neural degeneration, DNA resonance modification, and psychic suppression.
Pseudonym: Wedding Bells

details should be available at:
www.geocities.com...

I'm sure that the Govt will have everyone under control in no time at all

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think that is true that the government is hiding this and that it is really going on i belive so and i think some more people should look more and more in this stuff so says THE VIRUS.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I think that is true that the government is hiding this and that it is really going on i belive so and i think some more people should look more and more in this stuff so says THE VIRUS.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
i wish i would have been around for that disccusion. but im new here so i gotta work my way up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join