It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Topless Women in Public Not Breaking the Law, Says NYPD

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What happens if all the seventy and eighty year old women start walking around topless. I am sure there will be screams to pass a law to restrict topless women on the street.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Husbands in the city are under great danger should this actually happen. You can immediately avert your eyes, your wife is still going to take it out on you. Its a no win situation.

I hate "pretty girls" walking by. I always seem to get punched in the arm, and a dirty glare.

One time I took the wife and daughters to a nice public beach. One girl, between the ages of 16 and 18 showed up wearing one of those string things that just barely covered the no-no areas. She was young and firm and perfect, and I hated it. This was a FAMILY place, but men are men and I could feel the tension throughout the crowd, and between man and wife. We left. The girl ruined our family time.

I'd like to point out that if the girl had been a disgusting fat old man wearing a thong, it would've had the same effect. Some people just go too far.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aqualung2012

Originally posted by muzzleflash

I would call it an issue of common decency, most people don't want all the attention nudity brings.
However we do have a few that love attention, and will do anything for it.

Absolutely my thoughts on it. People should make decisions based on decency and "true morals" instead of the fear of getting "busted." With laws over every aspect of life, where do we as humans get the chance to actually develop our morals in a meaningful way?

edit on 17-5-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

Great point.

This is a perfect example of how an ultra-easy "lewd act", simply undressing, hardly ever occurs considering how amazingly fast you could pull it all off.

It was all a result of mere educational standards, upbringing, etc, that led to most people making a reasonable decision (to stay dressed in public).

No actual laws or oppressive regimes were needed to impose this natural order of things.
In fact if we judged cultural mythology, it was the breaking of law that caused us to put cloths on to begin with.

Just a few thoughts there about that.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
So flashers are now in their element

edit on 18-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

dingle dangle scare crow.
edit on 18-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

maybe because there are a lot of people who would act inapropriatly - ie - pointing , lewd comments , taking pictures etc etc

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
This is exactly my point, which most of you have made indirectly: People's "true morals" are underdeveloped and malnourished in light of the way regard public behavior. There is FAR too much emphasis on "crime and punishment" and not nearly enough emphasis on "cause and effect."

People would not need police if they acted with respect and tact.

edit on 18-5-2013 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

So what's next? Should I be allowed to walk around naked?

No. That crosses sexual boundaries which children should not be exposed to at the wrong age, IMO. Breasts are hardly sexual, if at all.

They play no role in the reproductive cycle, only the maternal duties.

"reproductive cycle" is not the same as "sex".

Girl i used to know could hit that big O just from playing with her nipples. No, that doesn't help reproduction very much. But it sure gave her sexual pleasure.

Boobs are sexual. You may disagree, however common social conscience holds this to be true.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

In Germany women (and man) can stroll the street entirely nude. I don't see why this annoys people, I think it is logical that it should be permitted.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

damn really?

I gotta go to Germany one day!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

So what's next? Should I be allowed to walk around naked?

No. That crosses sexual boundaries which children should not be exposed to at the wrong age, IMO. Breasts are hardly sexual, if at all.

They play no role in the reproductive cycle, only the maternal duties.

"reproductive cycle" is not the same as "sex".

Girl i used to know could hit that big O just from playing with her nipples. No, that doesn't help reproduction very much. But it sure gave her sexual pleasure.

Boobs are sexual. You may disagree, however common social conscience holds this to be true.

Of course I agree with that statement "boobs are sexual," generally speaking.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

In Germany women (and man) can stroll the street entirely nude. I don't see why this annoys people, I think it is logical that it should be permitted.

Absolutely, which is why I commend NYC for repealing the law. It should be permitted, but personally I think full nudity is a bit much...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Pics or it didnt happen!!!
joking...though there are plenty of images via the link which may have been better not viewed...& and plenty of spectators viewing, and recording?!?!

Peace

LOVE

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This is not a new law. Having lived in NYC for the past 12 years now I have seen many, many sets of breasts in public. Hell, I bet if I were to go to union square right now there would be a whole heard of ladies sunning on the grass topless. I thought this was normal I didn't know that this was only a New York thing.
The beaches, like Reece park and far rockaway always are crammed with topless girls. This is normal for NYC
Also, contrary to some of the posts I've been reading, the girls that go topless are usually young and very good looking. The ones that aren't so hot usually move out of New York. I don't know where they end up, Utah or someplace like that?
Anyways, this has been normal behavior here for as long as I can remember.
And I got to say, I have no complaints.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Breasts have been around since the dawn of time. It's us who turn them into sexual objects. Of course this would be a drastic reversal of the "norm" in society. But it's always been a natural thing. Maby only when it gets really hot out ?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

While you are joking, i am sure some are seriously considering this point. The slippery slope fallacy would be a poor litmus test for passing laws.

As it regards the police not knowing that it was legal: ignorance of the law is no excuse. Or so that nice judge once told me.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

reply to post by rickymouse

While you are joking, i am sure some are seriously considering this point. The slippery slope fallacy would be a poor litmus test for passing laws.

As it regards the police not knowing that it was legal: ignorance of the law is no excuse. Or so that nice judge once told me.

Actually...I bet I know at least four old ladies who would really love to do something like go topless in a big city
They wouldn't do it around here, but they may decide to take a ride to New York just to be able to do it before they die.

OOOh....I hope there are no women from AARP looking at this, they may decide to organize a big social function.

edit on 18-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Here is a map of (topless laws) in the United States...it is quite interesting.

gotopless.org...

"The green colored states are those where top freedom is in effect.
The orange colored ones have amibiguous state laws on the matter.
The red colored ones are the ones where the mere showing of the female breast in public is illegal according to state law."

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
its not illegal yet in many places as i know

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Even if nudity isn't "illegal" somewhere, if they really wanted to, they could likely tag you with "disturbing the peace" with the same end result....just sayin'......

Personally, I think our nudity hangup is a bit immature. Just go to a nude beach once, and while you may not like the "view" with everyone....you'll quickly see how silly we all can be about clothes. (and if you don't see it, you're probably going to be surprised how prudish you are).

The following cities are officially topless "tested":

Asheville, NC

Austin, TX,

Boulder, CO

Columbus, OH

Eugene, OR

Honolulu, HI

Keene, NH

Key West, FL at Fantasy Fest

Madison, WI,

New Orleans, LA, at Mardi Gras

New York City

Portland, Or,

Santa Fe, NM

South Miami Beach, FL (on the beach)
edit on 20-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join