It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman who lost limbs to flesh-eating bacteria gets bionic hands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I was browsing Yahoo when I came across this awesomely article. This lady who contacted flesh eating bacteria lost her hands, one hand, and other foot after contacting it from a zip-line accident. That's terrible for it to happen to her. However, the latest science has given her new bionic hands to give her another chance at being able to hands. Watching the video is amazing because of how advance technology enabled her be able to have hands again. In a previous thread I shared the news of a man who had a 'Terminator' like hand developed by U.K scientist. In fact these people could be consider cyborgs. Which is awesome. Anyway, watch the video and relish at the fact at how people are being helped by science.

Aimee Copeland, the woman who lost her hands, one leg and her other foot to flesh-eating bacteria after a zip-line accident last year, spoke with WXIA.com and "Today" about her new bionic hands, which are helping her return to a normal life. Copeland, 24, is in the process of learning to use two state-of-the art prosthetic hands called iLimbs. A fast learner, she has the basics down and says she is looking forward to using them for more advanced tasks like driving, according to WXIA.

Source
Terminator Hand

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
S&F for bringing this to my attention. I think it's great that the prosthesis field is moving so fast these days. A Lot of people can benefit practically and emotionally from such devices.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Good for her!

I think it's sad how the video portrays her though.. "Amy can brush her hair, fold a towel, scrub a toilet.."

I mean, those things are important things to be able to do, but it seemed kind of sexist to me. That's right, I'm a beer swillin' male feminazi. Apparently.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Good for her!

I think it's sad how the video portrays her though.. "Amy can brush her hair, fold a towel, scrub a toilet.."

I mean, those things are important things to be able to do, but it seemed kind of sexist to me. That's right, I'm a beer swillin' male feminazi. Apparently.

Single guys do all that too (well, maybe not the hair brushing). If she lives alone then she would have to be doing all that anyways.

top topics

join