It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Cause of The IRS Scandal Dates Back to 1959

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hands up who wants a new election

Kind of a nice idea, to have a new election, but the thing is the electoral college is the ones who actually vote the president in, in the USA. When working with this smaller group of people, isn't it easer to just bribe and threaten to get what is wanted?
edit on 17-5-2013 by StarsInDust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
One wonders if perhaps Castro's nationalizing a bunch of "mafia" assets and the closing of Havana had anything to do with the timing? This probably predates Eisenhower's military industrial complex farewell address, but the influence of big money resonates in this administrative directive "over-riding" the constraints of legislation.

ganjoa

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Actually, seeing how this has been going on since some time in 2010, I doubt that you will see very little new evidence in the next 2 weeks.

That being said, I too am quite interested to know how this got so far off track and to the point that IRS agents were asking questions like the ones I heard today. Furthermore, I'd like to know who came up with these questions in the first place.

I am as outraged as anyone that political ideology would be utilized to target anyone or any group but it doesn't change the fact that, under the actual 501(c)(4) statute, none of those groups mentioned as well as any of the current democratic 501(c)(4) organizations are entitled to tax exempt status if they are involved in politics in any way.

When talking about the gun control debate, one of the main talking points of gun rights supporters and the NRA is that we already have enough laws on the books if we would just enforce them. Well, I think that particular talking point is more than applicable to this subject as well, don't you?

edit on 17-5-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
While you should never completely discount information totally based on source (a logical fallacy), it should be considered. ODonell is pretty openly a propagandist for liberal causes and he's featured on the DNC channel. This would be about the same as FOXNews (the RNC channel) running a story on why torture is indeed legal or that weapons of mass destruction were indeed found.
Many of these organizations (especially the NRA) represent normal Americans coming together with a common cause. As opposed to say, super influential "Progressive" NGOs, and very influential left slanted media, who push agendas very remote from the values of middle class America.
In any case, any President -FDR, Nixon, Obama - who has used the IRS as his personal attack thugs, should be impeached and it illustrates why the IRS should be abolished and the 16th Amendment repealed.

Sorry to the sycophants, but it is clear criminal abuse of power - especially when combined with the decision to allow the deaths and coverup of Americans overseas for the purposes of winning an election and a DOJ that has been wildly out of control (and incompetent) since day one.

The narcissism and hubris of the current administration makes the Bushies (criminals as well) seem like law abiding, Constitution loving do gooders.

edit on 17-5-2013 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Yeah and there's nothing slanted about your opinion, now is there?

The TP/GOP has yet to substantiate a single one of their so called scandals to date and I would greatly appreciate it if you would take your mini rants somewhere else.

It takes more than you calling him a criminal to make him one. That's the problem with you folks, you place way too much faith in your own opinion while throwing all known facts out the window.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you people but the way I see it, there should be two primary focuses of this investigation.

First, we need to find out who instituted the policies that led to the targeting of certain political groups and hold those responsible accountable for their deeds.

Secondly, we need to insure that this never happens again and IMO, the best way to insure that is to adhere to the original language of the statute as adopted by Congress.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Well we can see that its not about the money. The world bank/federal reserve are clearly in the business of cultural officiating.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by Flatfish

Well we can see that its not about the money. The world bank/federal reserve are clearly in the business of cultural officiating.

Actually, I think it is about the "money." It's about the money that overpowers the voice of the american voter in the halls of Congress. It's about the fact that for decades, TPTB have been utilizing a false interpretation of the IRS statutes to orchestrate a takeover of our government and they're doing it tax free.

This revelation that our tax code has been obfuscated for the purpose of gaining "primary" control over our legislators in government should be an outrage to all americans. It's almost as if we just discovered the first incarnations of the "Citizen's United" decision that corporations are people too.

IMO, all 501(c)(4) organizations that are shown to have one iota of political involvement should be immediately stripped of their tax exempt status and forced to pay taxes on all monies utilized by their group. Hell, it's not just my opinion, it's the law and it should be enforced as written.

Yes, some people at the IRS pulled some partisan crap and they should be exposed and dealt with accordingly, including criminal prosecution if applicable. But make no mistake, this "hijacking" of our tax code is the real cover-up people!

This is the type of stuff that's going to have to be fixed if we ever expect to re-gain a government that's truly representative of it's people.
edit on 18-5-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

Yeah and there's nothing slanted about your opinion, now is there?

The TP/GOP has yet to substantiate a single one of their so called scandals to date and I would greatly appreciate it if you would take your mini rants somewhere else.

It takes more than you calling him a criminal to make him one. That's the problem with you folks, you place way too much faith in your own opinion while throwing all known facts out the window.

Ahhh. Reason. Yes. I see no rational, reasonable, nor logical dispute. Simple idiotic, liberal, irrational, religion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join