It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colored Honey Made by Candy-Eating Bees!?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
SOURCE

Beekeepers in northeastern France found themselves in a sticky situation after bees from their hives began producing honey in shades of blue and green (pictured). The colored honey could not be sold because it did not meet France's standards of honey production: It was not obtained from the nectar of plants and it deviates from the standard coloring of honey (nearly colorless to dark brown).

I was disgusted with the concept of honey; it being bee vomit, and all... no matter what color it is... until I read this :

Instead of collecting nectar from flowers, local bees were feeding on remnants of colored M&M candy shells, which were being processed by a biogas plant roughly 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) away.

However messed up this is to the environment at large, and despite the fact of high-fructose corn syrup's possible adverse effect on bees in general... I must try some of this honey!!!

The source reveals that the problem has been solved... what a shame ( joking...sort of ).

Your Thoughts?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I must say this is quite interesting, I can also see a Niche Market for batches of honey like this.

Anyway to say the Least, Glad to see the Bee's still going at it over there in France. Any bee activity anywhere right now is a good thing, even if the honey they are producing is out of the ordinary.

Perhaps the bee's had a craving for Candy's?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EzekielsWheel
SOURCE

Beekeepers in northeastern France found themselves in a sticky situation after bees from their hives began producing honey in shades of blue and green (pictured). The colored honey could not be sold because it did not meet France's standards of honey production: It was not obtained from the nectar of plants and it deviates from the standard coloring of honey (nearly colorless to dark brown).

I was disgusted with the concept of honey; it being bee vomit, and all... no matter what color it is... until I read this :

Instead of collecting nectar from flowers, local bees were feeding on remnants of colored M&M candy shells, which were being processed by a biogas plant roughly 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) away.

However messed up this is to the environment at large, and despite the fact of high-fructose corn syrup's possible adverse effect on bees in general... I must try some of this honey!!!

The source reveals that the problem has been solved... what a shame ( joking...sort of ).

Your Thoughts?

So some bees only ate green candy or blue candy and the came back to the hive and only put their honey in color coded cells? Logically, shouldn't the contaminated honey be a mix of several colors? I smell shenanigans.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Pegasus2000

I guess they're dying off in France, too, but at least the remainders are being creative!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

So some bees only ate green candy or blue candy and the came back to the hive and only put their honey in color coded cells? Logically, shouldn't the contaminated honey be a mix of several colors? I smell shenanigans.
reply to post by NavyDoc

Wow! You're right!!! Either they are bee geniuses, or there's something fishy goin on!

Thanx!!! That's why I love ATS!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
i thought bullhonkey atfirst but its a reputable source, and i guess it makes sense.
surely they could market it to the rich, they buy foigras dont they?
why not blue bee puke?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This actually makes the idea of honey more disgusting to me. I accepted honey as the disturbing, delicious thing that it is, but at least I could contend with the fact that it was natural. This candy business though...now it is as if those bees are making their honey from trash.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yuuuck!
This is a grotesque perversion of what bees are supposed to do.
How horrid that for whatever reason,these bees choose the sweets instead of flowers.

As usual,careless humans causing environmental harm.
I mean,a human dumped the sweets,right?

I would not go near that honey,I bet its toxic..

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I told my 5 year old not too long ago in the grocery store where her beloved honey came from. "It's bee barf. Gross huh?" "No, that's cool! Bee barf tastes good! My barf is YUCKY."
I showed her these colored honey pictures, and asked if she'd like that kind of colored honey. "No mom, that's not what honey is supposed to look like. I think that's paint or poison. It's not honey."

Good, at least she knows what it's supposed to look like & oddly colored honey throws up a "do not eat" red flag

top topics

join