It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Object Hovers Over Fresno, CA. May 15th.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Hi Ats,

The object in the photo above was seen hovering over Fresno California for nearly 3 hours on May 15th 2013. Local television station KMPH sent the photo to the FAA and the National Guard but neither agency was able to offer an explanation for the object or its presence over Fresno.

The news story below and the video that follows it refer to the same object in the photograph above.

May 15th, 2013

UFO Believers? Spherical Object Hovers Over Fresno Sky

FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KMPH) -

It's a mystery that hung over the Fresno sky Wednesday afternoon.

Several Fresno residents reported seeing a bright, spherical-shaped object in the sky. The low-hovering object remained visible for hours.

KMPH reached out to the Federal Aviation Administration, the Fresno Air Terminal and the Army National Guard Wednesday afternoon. The agencies could not provide an explanation for the object.

This videographer from Fresno captures 2 of the same type of object in his video.

"1.15pm WINDY CLEAR DAY sony trv-103 camera at about 25 80 times zoom. with telephoto lens attached. on manual focus and is clear and focused !

first object 12 o clock high and stationary for the most part. second object is in north west direction about 9 o clock high. one witness besides myself. objects seen for an hour so far. still observing ! breaking nes ! this is another mass sighting over fresno.. all kinds of people see it now thanks to me informing everyone ! NOT BALLOONS ! watching them for almost 2 hours now. 4 hours now ! also kmph says they contacted local govt agencies and no one was talking !! and the national guard here in fresno took pictures of it !"

-Author, UfosAreRealFresno. YouTube.

I really don't know what has been captured here in the photo or video. I like to think that if we got ahold of it we would find an arduino inside, but that's just where my head has been lately.

What do you think, ATS?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's just a weather balloon.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
kinda looks like a white parachute, in the first image you can see what looks like the old round chutes, kind used to drop objects not people.

eta. 4 hours is enough time to find someone with an HD cam with a strong enough zoom, that are some kind of telescope to look at it.
edit on 17-5-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Here is an image of a weather balloon that caused a local UFO stir in N. Arizona in 2009...

The object from Fresno certainly is balloon-like.

edit on 17-5-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

click thumbnail for very large image

Source:
kmph.images.worldnow.com...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Yep,

It's lookin' pretty inflatable in that big image.

Thanks,

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
its a parachute, debunked and case closed....next!!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
It's obviously swamp gas. And Venus, of course. swamp gas and Venus.

Nice pics. Shame it is just the balloon.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Balloons move with the wind.

This object stayed stationary for 4 hours...

The video the FOX affiliate has since deleted -

And another -

Interesting...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It looks like a parachute, not a balloon. Stayed stationary? Probably a paraglider. They can stay aloft for quite awhile.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by porschedrifter

over 4 hours in the same spot , holding positions , in winds from 30mph - 70mph .. and there were 2 of them. also why did the national guard take pictures one of them ? reports also were no weather balloons were launched on this day. ALSO these were seen in other cities at the same time. if thats the case these things were huge.. not as simple as a balloon at all ! and yes i know more than most people about this case. not sure what the hell they were. but not parachutes lol .. and i doubt weather balloons. maybe some sort or remote controlled devices. but i doubt even that.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
A mushroom cloud

Looks sort of like some sort of balloon or parachute to me. It may have some sort of strong clear string attached.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Yes, the local pAragliding legion was conducting tests of their new parachute design. Micheal Reid was sent a loft at approx 12:18pm on that day, jumping out shortly before from 13,000 feet he glided to his cruising alt and pulling the tension straps was able to hang there for a few hours. An experienced jumper he said " I had quite the time of my life up there!" and Im sure he will be back next week.

reply to post by JayinAR

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Yes some sort, probably polyeurothane fibre mixed with some kind of nylon material for added tensile strength. 140 ft ibs per sq inch.

Originally posted by rickymouse
A mushroom cloud

Looks sort of like some sort of balloon or parachute to me. It may have some sort of strong clear string attached.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

That is just a parachute or a weather balloon.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

edit on 15-6-2013 by Bybyots because: test block

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

That looks eerily similar to a video I have on my youtube channel...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Could it be related to Project Loon?

Google Loon

edit on 16-6-2013 by torsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Thanks for bringing that to our awareness. What a neat project.

2nd

top topics

join