It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigelow Aerospace - What do they do with UFO reports? (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Mike Gold - Director of Operations for Bigelow Aerospace is asked about the Bigelow's involvement with UFO reports. Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies (BAASS) is referenced in the FAA Federal Aviation Regulations / Aeronautical Instruction Manual (FAR/AIM) as a place where pilots can submit UFO reports. Location: Smithsonian Air & Space Museum May 16, 2013

Section 8. Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) Reports 9-8-1. GENERAL a. Persons wanting to report UFO/unexplained phenomena activity should contact a UFO/ unexplained phenomena reporting data collection center, such as Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies (BAASS) (voice: 1-877-979-7444 or e-mail: [email protected]), the National UFO Reporting Center, etc. b. If concern is expressed that life or property might be endangered, report the activity to the local law enforcement department.

Section 8. Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) Reports

Interesting how in the video the Bigelow representative laughs off the notion that his company is taking UFO reports but he doesn't deny it. It is well documented that the FAA refers to Bigelow when recommending that pilots make UFO reports. He tries to distance himself from the BAASS which is a division of Bigelow Aerospace. He really doesn't want to talk about Bigelow and UFOs. Why is that exactly?

edit on 17-5-2013 by Jack Jouett because: question asked and answered about embedding youtube

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Interesting issue. Also consider the the company operated two of its OWN orbital spacecraft, in space, for years, with external mounted television cameras. What did they see?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack Jouett(Can somebody tell me how to embed this video? I can't find a "youtube number")

Here you go:

Just put the last digit in the [ yvid ][/ yvid ] tags:

edit on 17-5-2013 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Thank you elevenaugust!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
convenient that "other division" he can't comment on. I think it's fairly significant he talked about the likelihood our galaxy is "teeming with life" prior to the interviewer bringing him back to the UFO issue. A company as connected as Bigalow would know a few things.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The guy handled that rather well I thought.

Bigelow the man has an interest in UFOs, he also is very rich so he can indulge himself. Unfortunately I doubt the interest of his company in the subject will survive his death.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Bigelow the man has an interest in UFOs, he also is very rich so he can indulge himself. Unfortunately I doubt the interest of his company in the subject will survive his death.

With respect mate I think you're wrong, Bigelow Aerospace works closely with the U.S. government and if the UFO reports are going there, then part of the research into how they work is also probably going on there.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Looks like their website, Bigelow Aerospace offers a mail address to send inquires to but not one single email or other correspondence to corroborate with.

It would be helpful to know who and what information they have gathered over the years from the FAA, or at least since 2010, when the FAA announced they would be sending all UFO correspondences directly to Bigelow Aerospace.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by howmuch4another

Not to mention that Bigelows company also did research out at skinwalker ranch for a number of years and kept all that information close to the chest. Hopefully they will release something of that whole NIDS expedition that lasted however many years so that it can be reviewed and discussed in an open forum

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by justwokeup

With respect mate I think you're wrong, Bigelow Aerospace works closely with the U.S. government and if the UFO reports are going there, then part of the research into how they work is also probably going on there.

He's an old guy so we probably wont have to wait too long to find out.

To be honest i'd be glad to be wrong.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

We do know, for a fact, that he's been interested for many years and spent over a million dollars pursuing the fascination. The figure could even be higher and exceed the million-mark if we consider the cost of employing high-calibre PhD scientists and ensuring they sign their non-disclosure agreements.

Where does all the information go? Who's got access? is it being analysed? What are their conclusions? What are they looking for?

The way people answer these questions tells us more about them than it does about Mr Bigelow. However, I don't think he's any closer to the answers than many of us. How can I say that? Well, he's been close to Jacques Vallee and other researchers and one might expect him to have shared some of his findings. If that was the case, one might also expect these researchers to become assertive in similar ideas and that's not the case...they still have no idea.

Many ufologists allege that he's an agent of deception seeking to monitor ufology and ensure it keeps chasing its tail. They say he's a gatekeeper and they accuse him of being an intel asset. They say a lot of things...

We know way too little about Bigelow's belief systems to get an idea what motivates his expensive interest in UFOs, UFO reports and UFO witnesses.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Have in mind that there are corporations and organizations besides the military that take part in the cover-up and they do knwo something about this whole thing. Perhaps this Bigelow Aerospace is one of them...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Here's a nice sensationalist romp through the Bigelow UFO subject with Jesse Ventura - it does bring up a few astute points though and Jesse confronts the man himself.

Jesse and his team explore various corporations that are filling the void left by NASA and continuing space research and technology under private enterprise - some of which may be used to weaponize space. Jesse's leads focus him on billionaire aerospace entrepreneur Robert Bigelow who purchased Utah's mysterious "Skinwalker Ranch" - a site with a long history of claims of paranormal activity, specifically UFOs, leading to rumors that Bigelow is reverse engineering his own alien technology. While Tyrell and Shawn have an unexplained encounter near the ranch, Ventura seeks answers from Bigelow himself.

Extra link

Also brought up is this official FAA document and the fact that the man owns the largest private space station in the world - the interview with Elaine Douglass at 21:10 describing his payment to MUFON is well worth a watch and Zorgon made a great post here about him.

Cheers.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
space is being privatized, and there will be no FOIA requests for corporations.....bigalow will only tell you what THEY want you to know.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Bigelow may not know everything but he probably knows so much that it would shock us.

Billionaire Space Pioneer Robert Bigelow Warns of Dangers of UFOs
______beforeitsnews/paranormal/2010/06/billionaire-space-pioneer-robert-bigelow-warns-of-dangers-of-ufos-77700.html

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gnarkill1529

Not to mention that Bigelows company also did research out at skinwalker ranch for a number of years and kept all that information close to the chest. Hopefully they will release something of that whole NIDS expedition that lasted however many years so that it can be reviewed and discussed in an open forum

Gnarkill1529, let's hope they do just that.

Just came across this video where a NASA Consultant claims he worked for Bigelow at Skinwalker ranch for six years and he makes some very interesting comments to say the least.

Dr. Eric W. Davis, of NASA's Breakthrough Physics Propulsion Project, Discussed UFOs During Lecture

Dr. Eric W. Davis, formerly a contract research physicist at NASA's Breakthrough Propulsion Project, which ran from 1996 through to 2002, gave a lecture in 2010 where he responded to the question of UFOs as they pertain to potential physics for traversable wormholes, warp drives, and anti-gravity. Sponsored by the Society for Scientific Exploration, the lecture was about a then recently published book, Frontiers of Propulsion Science, regarding discoveries from the NASA project. After the lecture, during a question and answer session, one questioner asked whether, "...properties of UFOs had guided the thinking and research of that initiative." In responding to the question, Dr. Davis said, "Secretly yes and overtly no.."

Delving further into the subject, Dr. Davis noted that some members had, "...looked at all the physical events and physical descriptions [of UFO data] provided by researchers such as [Jacques Vallee, George Hathaway, and the unnamed questioner]." He described two events that took place at the NIDS Utah Ranch of, "...one scientist and one researcher seeing a wormhole, what looked like a wormhole, with a creature crawling through." In the second event, "...the ranch owners had seen an opening in the sky in broad daylight with a triangular craft that came through it." Dr. Davis then compared these observations with known wormhole physics. "...that's an example of data that indicates a wormhole involved. Geometry tells you what a wormhole looks like when it intersects our space. It appears as [an intensely bright] point of light and then, as the intersection gets larger and larger, it opens up and you begin to see the hole." At that point, he noted, objects could traverse the wormhole.

NIDS Ranch refers to the National Institute for the Discovery of Science, more colloquially known as Skinwalker Ranch. A property situated near Ballard, Utah, it's known for historical UFO, cattle mutilation, and other paranormal legends. Reclusive billionaire Robert Bigelow bought it in 1996 as part of an effort to fund a long-term study of these claimed phenomena..

link

Cheers.
edit on 19-5-2013 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It's been reported that Rorbert Bigelow's parents had a red-orange fiery balled foofighter sighting [I've had one myself] one time. Ever since his parents told him about the UFO sighting...he's been trying to see one ever since. I sent Robert my perported space alien pictures, that I photographed at Calvert Cliffs; but I've not heard a peep from him.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Very interesting stuff in that read Karl
If I remember correctly, a number of prestigious scientist in varied fields were hired for that specific expedition. Some very interesting reads all across the net about NIDS and Skinwalker ranch. I don't see why a Dr. would come out with something about seeing an actual "wormhole" opening up in broad daylight and lie about it. Seems like that would be a so called "death sentence" to ones career.

That particular story about the portal opening up and the creature crawling out is pretty well known by people who have done any research at all into Skinwalker ranch and I for one find it very fascinating. I mean, just reading about it sounds so far out there. But hopefully, one day soon they will release some information for that 6 year period because lord knows they have SOMETHING, or came to some kind of conclusion in that time frame.

top topics

join