It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Mike Kelly Rips IRS head over IRS scandal.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Okay, Mike is my Congressman, and even though I do not trust him, (based upon NOT receiving any answers to emails of concern that I have sent him) I have to give him props for standing up and saying what almost EVERY American has to say about the IRS!!!!!

Thanks Mike! At least I can say you told the truth about how most Americans feel about the IRS!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Can't say what I really feel about the IRS.

I would get audited, and the FBI would come knocking on my door.

Ya know this is like McCarthyism 2.0 lot of parallels.

IRS, "Are you now, or have you ever been a TPM, or conservative? "..
edit on 17-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Treasury Knew of I.R.S. Inquiry in 2012, Official Says
By JONATHAN WEISMAN
WASHINGTON — The Treasury Department’s inspector general told senior Treasury officials in June 2012 he was auditing the Internal Revenue Service’s screening of politically active organizations seeking tax exemptions, disclosing for the first time on Friday that Obama administration officials were aware of the matter during the presidential campaign year.
At the first Congressional hearing into the I.R.S. scandal, J. Russell George, the Treasury inspector general for tax administration, told members of the House Ways and Means Committee that he informed the Treasury’s general counsel of his audit on June 4, and Deputy Treasury Secretary Neal Wolin “shortly thereafter.”
It remained unclear how much the disclosure would affect the broader debate over the I.R.S.'s problems. Complaints from Tea Party groups that the I.R.S. was singling them out became public in 2012, through media accounts.
Mr. George told Treasury officials about the allegation as part of a routine briefing about ongoing audits he would be conducting in the coming year, and he did not tell the officials of his conclusions that the targeting had been improper, he said.
www.nytimes.com...[]

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Second line!

Honestly Neo, I am glad I wasn't in the process of drinking more alcohol when I read that!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I am seriously,emotionless .. Ever since my,"awakening",..,nothing, really shocks me when,it comes to government issues..... Got nothing more to really say....

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

I am seriously,emotionless .. Ever since my,"awakening",..,nothing, really shocks me when,it comes to government issues..... Got nothing more to really say....

I feel your pain!!! Even though in THIS instance, I believe the words out of my congressmans mouth as the truth, I am hesitant as to his motives for saying it!!!

I guess as Americans, we should tell BOTH parties that the truth isn't any better than a lie, if it is ONLY being used for the benefit of the party, over the freedom of the American citizens whom elected you clowns.......

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Don't be distracted by harsh words or criticism from any politician. That is all that will come of it.

The Bailout hearings made those CEO look like Aholes and thieves, but in the end they not only got their bailout money but they even got bigger Bonus from the tax payers.

In another words, I don't care what they say or how they publicly humiliate those responsible in any gov't organization.
Let me see them get prosecuted, then I will be impressed.

This is all a dog an pony show and while you pat your chest on how they got busted or how much of a criminal they are , they will continue to laugh at you on the way to the bank.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Back in the 80's, before I took my place as a Professor, I did a lot of consulting work for government agencies. I typically stayed at a hotel, not too far from Congress. Many nights, I would be too tired to go to a restaurant, and dropped down to the bar for a beer and some light fare that they put out in the lounge. Anyway, so many times I would see Congress members who supposedly hated each other on the floor, drinking and eating, laughing and making comments about how convincing they were when they had the floor, and how good it would go over in the press. Yes, you are 100% correct. It is nothing but a dog and pony show, a circus for the masses. Good observation. Starred.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by interupt42

Back in the 80's, before I took my place as a Professor, I did a lot of consulting work for government agencies. I typically stayed at a hotel, not too far from Congress. Many nights, I would be too tired to go to a restaurant, and dropped down to the bar for a beer and some light fare that they put out in the lounge. Anyway, so many times I would see Congress members who supposedly hated each other on the floor, drinking and eating, laughing and making comments about how convincing they were when they had the floor, and how good it would go over in the press. Yes, you are 100% correct. It is nothing but a dog and pony show, a circus for the masses. Good observation. Starred.

They all sit at the same table at the country club. It is controlled opposition and the sheep buy into it every election. The lesser of two evils statement makes me want to puke my guts out.

top topics

join