It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: GOP ‘Makes So Much’ of Scandals Because Obama Is ‘Such a Great President’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Nancy Pelosi makes Baghdad Bob blush.

She really is an unparalleled, shameless charlatan, I have to wonder... who does she impress?

Who does she inspire appreciation and admiration from? I'd like to see the psych profile of that person.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
She better praise her "great leader", otherwise her husband might not continue getting all those lucrative Government contracts!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nice. I know the history but had never seen that video before. It summerized the hypocrisy quite well I think.

I'm going to have to save that one for the next time my progressive relatives and me visit.

I can hear my Ma now.

"No! Not that video again, it always causes trouble and they leave mad."

But Ma...isn't that the point? I don't care how they feel, all I care is that they leave.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Pelosi is wrong.

The GOP makes so much of scandals because their platform for the country doesn't and won't work. They don't have any good ideas about fixing what's wrong in this country, so instead, they opted to try and destroy a presidency.

When was the last time a member of the GOP had an idea that would actually move this country forward? When was the last time a member of the GOP put forth a bill that would create jobs? Did something that would help expand the middle class? Did something that would improve the lives of the poor?

Pelosi is wrong, they don't focus so much on scandals because Obama is such a great president (he isn't) they do so to deflect the fact that they have absolutely zero ideas about how to make this country greater. and if they make the other guy look worse, they might gain seats in elections.

That's it. that's all they have left.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Move this country forward?

How bout fixing what we already got?

Paid attention to those scandals seems the current party in power(Pelsoi) has moved back 60 years.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yes, move this country forward.

Do they have a plan to do that? No they don't, they have, "let's cut taxes for the richest people, and cut spending for the poorest people and everything else is just fine the way it is!" solution, which isn't really a solution at all.

Paid attention to those scandals seems the current party in power(Pelsoi) has moved back 60 years.

What's held this country back is people who want to move this country back 60 years. The 1950's were a fine and dandy time if you were a white male. But there were some awful things going on to the rest of the population.

The GOP has to focus on these scandals, cause they got no game at all. People who have a game plan, and have a clear goal, don't need to look to scandals to make the other side look bad. What they do is put their plan into effect, get the American people on board. And the other side looks bad by default.

Instead. They just want to focus on scandal after scandal. Why? Cause they don't have anything else. Slashing taxes and spending doesn't balance the budget. Starting endless wars doesn't balance the budget. Cutting programs designed to help the poor get on their feet and be self sufficient doesn't put people to work. Putting a gun in every American's hand doesn't put money in their pockets.

They focus on scandal, cause they don't have anything else to focus on.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Your point in valid but it does not excuse the current issue at hand. I also take exception that people didn't have their arms in the air regarding some of the activities that fell under the Bush Administration. No one (at least those with the ability to do some minimal research) is saying President Obama or his administration, is the only one to ever engage in these practices. However, the extent, is far greater as we learn more and more.

But I do ask, why point to Bush and not Clinton, or Carter, or Eisenhower, or Kennedy, or Nixon, or Roosevelt?

I would pick one of those over Bush any day in terms of political intimidation any day. Roosevelt being the daddy of them all. He utilized the IRS as his own political intimidation wing and that is more in line to what President Obama (or his IRS) has done in these revelations.

So yes, we need to be mindful of the past but we live in the present and this is what is going on now. Whether by directive or implicit understanding, the President set the tone and those in the Executive have followed through with it.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Yes, move this country forward.

Yeah keep using that Roosevelt era campaign slogan!!!

Keep looking forward, and don't pay any attention to how bad they screwed up

Foward eh think they would at least come up with their own slogan instead of an 80+ year old one.

Do they have a plan to do that? No they don't, they have, "let's cut taxes for the richest people, and cut spending for the poorest people and everything else is just fine the way it is!" solution, which isn't really a solution at all.

Yep and violating a minorities rights to pay for that majority is gonna fix everything

What's held this country back is people who want to move this country back 60 years. The 1950's were a fine and dandy time if you were a white male. But there were some awful things going on to the rest of the population.

No they weren't just like modern day take a good look at all the 'help' people have gotten they are no better off;.

The GOP has to focus on these scandals, cause they got no game at all. People who have a game plan, and have a clear goal, don't need to look to scandals to make the other side look bad. What they do is put their plan into effect, get the American people on board. And the other side looks bad by default.

Keep thinking that the reality has been quite different as we all seen what a 'bang' up job their opposite did with their 'plan'.

Instead. They just want to focus on scandal after scandal. Why? Cause they don't have anything else. Slashing taxes and spending doesn't balance the budget. Starting endless wars doesn't balance the budget. Cutting programs designed to help the poor get on their feet and be self sufficient doesn't put people to work. Putting a gun in every American's hand doesn't put money in their pockets.

Been paying attention to 'blame the GOP,'Blame "Bush' for the last 5 years, or the current admins own wars both foreign, and domestic.

Hell the war on the rich, the war on gun owners, the war on the people by proxy, healthcare,Fast, and Furious, Pigford,AP,IRS,Benghazi. tax and spend doesn't balance the budget there.

Nice deflection btw a corrupt administration gets a free pass, always the GOP..........broken record.

Guess what?

The GOP holds 1 branch the saviors of the Republic hold the other 2, and I really do love the 'Always GOP fault' fallback
edit on 17-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

There have been plenty of plans but nearly all politicians don't engage in real tax-reform because it will destroy their power-base. So yes, plans have been presented but no one; and I mean no one, will ever do anything about it because many of them remove power from Washington.

Congress voted for and passed tax-cuts. While it was a presidential proposal, it was Congress who approved of it. Same with the wars. Who is "putting a gun in every American's hand[sic]"? The executive departments chose to cut where they did with the sequester; they never even tried to apply any common sense (until the people clamored about air traffic; then the FAA magically found money they can move around) to the cuts. Instead it was all political posturing. If you cannot see that, then you are blind and don't want to. Your choice, but it is ignorant.

They focus on scandal, cause they don't have anything else to focus on.

So just let it go? You have no problem with the IRS explicitly targeting a group because they think they have a particular political leaning? Is it okay for the IRS to ask you what you are praying about? What you post on Facebook? What you read? What you talk about with your friends? You are okay with this?

If so, God help the day this doesn't get resolved and politicians from the other side of the aisle think they need to engage in an "eye-for-an-eye" situation and target your groups.

That Haunt is why it needs to be focused on. But you just think it is political gamesmanship. In some aspects it might, but that is okay. The issue needs to be brought into the open and needs to be addressed as it is turning out this was utilized from 2010-2012 (possibly beyond) to attempt to control and intimidate groups the IRS felt had no business in engaging in their First Amendment rights.
edit on 17-5-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

So just let it go? You have no problem with the IRS explicitly targeting a group because they think they have a particular political leaning? Is it okay for the IRS to ask you what you are praying about? What you post on Facebook? What you read? What you talk about with your friends? You are okay with this?

Actually, I'm not ok with it. It was wrong. But it doesn't put people to work. This is what the GOP campaigned on. If we gave them the lead in Congress (which we did) they would put forth the legislation that would put people to work. They didn't.

Instead, they spend their first day reciting the constitution (edited of course) and spend the rest of the time trying to grind the whole legislative and executive process to a standstill.

Years of this has been going on. Filibuster after filibuster, block after block. for things that would move this country in the right direction. Things that would put people back to work, that would grow the GDP, but the GOP won't. Instead they insist on "umbrellagate" they insist on the birther issue, they insist on trying to destroy a president they have ideological differences with (not really, but it makes for a good show)

The GOP set out to make damn sure that Obama was a one term president, that was their only goal. Now that they failed at that, they want to make sure he has a lame duck second term. This is their only goal now, to make sure that this president fails at everything he tries for. They want Obama to fail, and they don't give a
if it screwes the country over in the process.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Fair enough...but isn't the latest news stating that the economy is on the upswing? At least from far "left" sites that is what I see; or even stout President Obama supporters who, by chance, are telling us all the same to ignore this and see how the economy is doing good!

So by that standard, the inaction of an ever encroaching legislative and their "filibuster" tactics have improved the economy no?

As for equating their campaign promises to actually doing their job...come on now....you are pissed but don't want the Republicans to be at the forefront of this because they should be working on a jobs bill that will be blocked by the Senate....

By that matter, you are all willing to call out the "filibuster" House, but the Senate refuses day in and day out, nearly anything that comes out of the House. But it is the Republicans to you.....open your eyes; they are all screwing you.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

When was the last time a member of the GOP had an idea that would actually move this country forward? When was the last time a member of the GOP put forth a bill that would create jobs? Did something that would help expand the middle class? Did something that would improve the lives of the poor?

Have you heard of Ron Paul? He's retired now but If "they" would've listened to and acted on his ideas instead of labeling him a nutjob we all would've been better off.

I think all these politicians need strict psychiatric evaluations and the results shared with Americans before elections. People like Pelosi, Biden, Obama, Cheney, Bush, and Clinton (both of 'em) would've been exposed as the sociopaths they are...unfortunately they still probably would've ended up teaching at some university. :p

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Pelosi!?
How she keeps getting re-elected scares the bejesus outta me.

And then there is this.

Scary, stupidly scary lady.

Does she ever change her clothes?

edit on 17-5-2013 by TDawgRex because: spelling

This video shows just how incompetent she is in her position. When an elected official says idiotic things like what comes out of her mouth we should be able to strike impromptu votes of "no confidence" and have them immediately removed from politics.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
No, the GOP makes so much of these things because Obama is a Democrat, plain and simple. Like I have reiterated multiple times on ATS, we did not see the GOP complaining about similar happenings when Bush was in office, so do not tell me that it is not about political affiliations, because it is.

See, this is the same argument little ole' Independent me keeps getting into with my uber-liberal mother. I don't CARE what party is doing it, it's wrong. I was screaming just as loud when W. was doing stupid and unconstitutional stuff - Patriot Act anybody?

But "The other guy did it first" is no excuse for your guy. I get sick and tired of absolutely awful stuff being brushed aside because "Well, Bush did such and such". Ok, and I was screaming then too. Doesn't make the Benghazi cover up right. My God - this president shook the hands of the families of the dead and told them to their face that Benghazi was the fault of a video-maker when his entire administration knew it was a coordinated attack. I don't care what W did - how is anything about that not bad?

This administration targeted groups with the IRS based on political ideology. No matter what the other party did, how can this - in any way, shape or form - be good?

This administration seized records from the Associated Press offices, reporter and editors' cell phones, reporters and editors' home phones and from the Press Gallery in the House of Representatives itself. How is this ok in any universe?

And to have POTUS stand up there, repeatedly, and tell us that he knew nothing about anything tells me that either he is the world's worst liar OR he is a PINO - President In Name Only - and is being shielded by his inner circle. After all, can't mess his golf game up, no?

Last of all - I'd be making the same judgements, the same assertions, feeling the same anger, disappointment and fear if this were all happening under a Republican administration.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
She is a case study in Botox Intoxication...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Fixing it? Government IS the problem. We don't need to be trying to figure out how to change the color of the paint on a house that's burning down.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Smh I dont see why people still debate about these things. Politics is like the wwf. This helps continue giving usthe illusion of choice.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
He's her partner in crime of fundamentally transforming the country into Marxism, while stealing money from the people.
If she condemns him, she condemns herself, and she ain't gonna do that.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

Ron Paul retiring was avast improvement in the house of representatives. All one had to do was look at his voting record to see that he was simply in office to collect a paycheck and milk his internet fans for campaign contributions.

He was a nutjob and he even admitted to listening to an invisible man instead of his constituents to influence his decisions.

“I have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, and I endeavor every day to follow Him in all I do and in every position I advocate.”

edit on 18-5-2013 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Wow... this bitch is much scarier than I thought. She's so full of shlt!!! LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join