It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember that guy Kai the hitchhiker? He has been arrested for Murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

A homeless man known as 'Kai the hatchet-welding hitchhiker' who has been wanted for the murder of a New Jersey attorney after claiming he had been sexually assaulted has been arrested in Pennsylvania, authorities have announced.

Caleb Lawrence McGillvary, 34, who became an internet sensation after saving three people from a crazed driver with his famous hatchet, was arrested on Thursday Glassboro Police Chief Alex Fanfarillo tells NJ.com.

An arrest warrant had been issued for McGillvary in connection to the murder of 73-year-old Joseph Galfy Jr in Clark whose body was found in his home on Tuesday.

Article

He didn't get to enjoy his internet fame very long did he? He won over the internet with the rescuing of 3 ppl from a crazed man. He took that guys life was called a hero and paraded around. Seems he killed a gay man he was staying with then instead of calling police or whoever he posts about it on Facebook....

Famous to Infamous.

From the Article his facebook post:

What would you do if you woke up with a groggy head, metallic taste in your mouth, in a strangers house... walked to the mirror and seen come [sic] dripping from the side of your face from your mouth, and started wretching [sic], realizing that someone had drugged, raped, and blown their f***** load in you? what would you do?' he wrote.

Just after 1.20pm Tuesday, the 34-year-old wrote a comment on his post: 'raped for social justice woo f***** hoo.'

Was he drugged and raped?
edit on 17-5-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Innocent until proven guilty.

Part of being a hitch hiker and accepting others help without good judgment is you may be lead into a situation such as he did, and, well, instant karma for the guy who did what he did to Kai.

Act of passion. He should not be in jail for what he had done, as far as I'm concerned - as long as his story holds true.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The odd thing is he was found 80 some miles from the crime scene and apparently there were other murders along the way that they are trying to see if he is indeed connected to.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So this 73-year-old lawyer picks Kai up in NYC.

No, he was definitely wanting to be a big brother to poor Kai. Definitely.

Lawyers are always helpful to those who need a helping hand. This lawyer just did what most do. I wish I could type it here.

/sarc

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
Innocent until proven guilty.

Part of being a hitch hiker and accepting others help without good judgment is you may be lead into a situation such as he did, and, well, instant karma for the guy who did what he did to Kai.

Act of passion. He should not be in jail for what he had done, as far as I'm concerned - as long as his story holds true.

No. You still can't kill some freak even if he drugs you and gives you a facial!

You maybe beat the hell out of him, stomp his balls and then call the police.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Legally, no you cant. However, legally the government can come in and kill you without a warrant or trial to court as well.

I'm not saying what he did is the best thing he could of done, your way of doing things might have been a little more "socially acceptable" but as far as I'm concerned the guy got what he deserved.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Since your thread title is supposed to be the same as the article title, so people can find the story in a search to determine if it has been posted before, which is a good rule of thumb, please show where the original article title begins "Remember that guy Kai the hitchhiker?" I can't find it.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Since your thread title is supposed to be the same as the article title, so people can find the story in a search to determine if it has been posted before, which is a good rule of thumb, please show where the original article title begins "Remember that guy Kai the hitchhiker?" I can't find it.

You have to squint real hard. Relax geez, we are in BTS.
Contact the mods if you are genuinely upset, I can't change the title it's been too long, not that I would.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Contact the mods if you are genuinely upset, I can't change the title it's been too long, not that I would.

Here I am squinting and still can't find it. If I were any MORE relaxed, I would be sleeping. It really isn't worth contacting the MODS for so perhaps YOU should chillax. Sometimes offering the reason behind the rule (Use original title when submitting news) can save others from wasting their time creating a thread on the same news story that ends up trashed > THREAD CLOSED/ ALREADY POSTED, or NOT because the folks you are trying to educate are either slow or selfish...("not that I would")... but you just gotta try, because it's the right thing to do.

edit on 18-5-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Just keeps going down hill for Kai, erm Caleb eh?

Murder suspect Caleb McGillivary, also known as "Kai the Hitchhiker," was rushed from the Union County jail to a hospital early today for treatment of self-inflicted wounds, officials said.

A quick and fast fall, I remember seeing him not all that long ago on Kimmel live.
www.nj.com...
edit on 17-7-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I think he is a beautiful, very sad young man who needs love, understanding, healing, counseling if he did anything, and a decent place to live. The rest, well, that depends on what may have occurred, but, its also very convenient for dark hats to pin homeless and vulnerable people with their acts, and most of the acts are theirs. Or have connections to them, ie. our leaders, our black ops, our psycho ritualists/saturnists.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Here I am squinting and still can't find it. If I were any MORE relaxed, I would be sleeping. It really isn't worth contacting the MODS for so perhaps YOU should chillax. Sometimes offering the reason behind the rule (Use original title when submitting news) can save others from wasting their time creating a thread on the same news story that ends up trashed > THREAD CLOSED/ ALREADY POSTED, or NOT because the folks you are trying to educate are either slow or selfish...("not that I would")... but you just gotta try, because it's the right thing to do.

edit on 18-5-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

Says the banned, hahaha, hows that working out for you?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I think he is a beautiful, very sad young man who needs love, understanding, healing, counseling if he did anything, and a decent place to live. The rest, well, that depends on what may have occurred, but, its also very convenient for dark hats to pin homeless and vulnerable people with their acts, and most of the acts are theirs. Or have connections to them, ie. our leaders, our black ops, our psycho ritualists/saturnists.

Maybe he got the taste of killing from the first incident, maybe it messed him up in the head, I personally can't imagine what kind of head trip it must be to know you killed someone, I'm sure you think about it and regret it all the time even if it was a must. I agree with another poster, he should've beat the hell out of him, not kill the guy, if he was drugged and raped.

edit on 18-7-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I just am now hearing about this guy..geez I must be out of the loop.. Haha! I mean I don't have a Facebook ...so maybe that's why...meh *shoulder shrug*

I don't know what to think. I was so confused when my hubby showed me the videos of him.
Then he explained to me..and I said aha!

The only thing I can keep thinking about is when he was asked his age he said "I can't call it" ...what!?! Now my hubby won't stop saying that phrase!! Ahhhh!

For real though, it is very strange that he killed a guy and is now awaiting trial. He seemed like such a hippy and a cool guy...but who really knows.

Also he didn't kill that guy with a hatchet...from what I read, the guy that rammed his car into the utility workers is in jail. "Kai" was there and supposedly knocked him out. Here's an article about that guy ..
www.thenewstribune.com...
Not sure how good that source is ..but yeah this hitchhiker has only killed one guy..the lawyer.

And it's all very sketchy...
I know this is old news...but it's new to me.

top topics

join