It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Make a statement to ATS about your core beliefs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hi guys

I received an email today from a guy I met briefly about 15 years ago, I was volunteer leader on a kibbutz at the time.To be honest I had to really think hard to remember him, 40 people every 3 months or so, It's a struggle to remember them all.

The message was basically a thanks for a comment I made that really touched him and shaped his life, it was a quote from a song.

So with this fresh in my mind I thought OK maybe, just maybe, a statement of your core belief may just inspire someone.

You can post a picture, a music video, or anything you want really as long as it stays within the T's&C's

So your starter for ten

Have fun people
And please remember to respect other members opinions

Cody

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Don't pee on my back and tell me it's raining!

I believe that says it all!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Corny but..

"Be Yourself, Because Everybody Else Is Taken"

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Eat, Drink, and be Fat and Drunk....

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have no "core" belief. I have the entire accumulation of my expirience, guiding my every move, informing my every thought, skills I have picked up along the way allowing me to forge ahead. I do not live every day by one simple soundbyte, nor every year by one Biblical reference, nor every moment inspired by just one tune, or piece of artwork.

To do so, in ignorance of all that I have learned, would be vacuous. I live by an amorphous code of conduct, guided instinctively by lessons learned in pain and joy, suffering and peace, and an awareness of the duality of man, and life itself. From the fact that one knows nothing of peace until they have suffered calamity, nor joy till they have known sorrow, right up to the fact that from the moment I was born, like all human beings, I began to die, all these things inform my path, my thinking, and my core structure.

There are things which have inspired me, my faith in God being a most notable example. Music, literature, the arts in all thier forms, and the works of mankind, those of such grandiose scale as to make one proud, for just a moment, to be linked even by the tenuous thread of genetics, to those feats, these have all had thier effect.

But how can anyone really say what thier core beliefs are? We are fundamentally connected to every single particle in the universe, we are constructs of atoms which were once the heart blood of stars, particles which once poured from the guts of blackholes as x-ray bursts. Yes, my faith informs my morality, and my beliefs about the afterlife. But with the sure knowledge that I am both an insignificant part of, but intrinsically connected to, every other thing in the universe, means that my core belief is so utterly unimportant, both to me, and in the grand scheme of things, that to bother to formulate one at all seems almost heretical.

I suppose despite it all, I am just glad to be here, glad to be here now, to see it all happen and take my place in the great machine of existence. I havent time for the trivialities of my core beliefs, when there is so much to see and expirience, all happening outside my own head, in the world beyond my skin. Tragedy, mayhem, heroism, and stoicism. Fear, terror even, and also bravery and courage, a constant interplay of shadow on light, and light into shadow, and all the technicolour spaces between those poles.

Life is far to short to bother with ones own philosophy, unless there is something at hand which absolutely requires it. In my expirience, one knows when that time is upon one. When that time comes, it is rarely necessary to think about the subject at hand before deciding wether to support a position or destroy it. I tend to arrive at these things instinctively, given the correct stimulation. No doubt my subconcious mind works on these things feverishly. I think it has learned to do that, because I never get bored enough to coax such a thing to the forefront myself.

Dont get me wrong, on any given subject, political or philosophical, I could probably answer any question about my veiw on a specific. But something as morphic as my core? My core remains strong because it shifts when stimulated by new input, so I have no one core belief. All I have is a system of interconnected thoughts and feelings, which rise together under specific pressures applied to the whole, which come out as opinions, actions, words and emotions. I wonder, if anyone can honestly say any different, without a niggle at the back of thier heads, wondering if a formula response based on expectations they percieve in others, might not have been a true reflection of the chaos at thier centres.

It is true though, you know, about our relationship to the universe. We were all born of chaos, chaos with a structure. No wonder the question you pose, is so much more complicated than it sounds when first said aloud.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Make a statement to ATS about your core beliefs

A few thoughts...

Every human being, male and female, are my brothers and sisters.
We don't always agree but... siblings never do.
Regardless of our ethnicity or faith or culture, we all love our families and wish for days of peace and prosperity.
Some of us arm ourselves, some do not but the spirit within is not affected by that choice.

Truth and lies are often cloaked and obscured by time and a million other variables. We haven't even begun to know our own solar system... how can we claim expertise and undeniability on anything?
Truth and lies are fed to us like a stew where we must consume both at the same time.

The human condition seeks to improve itself but we are still in the nursery. We're not as smart as we like to think we are...

Communication and exchange is one of our more productive capabilities. Sites like ATS... for the m,ost part, allow us to exercise those skills.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

My top core belief is (and it is etched in stone) I don't know what I'm doing. Never did. Just wingin' it as I go along.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I guess my core beliefs will life to the fullest and do my best to survive despite the odds. Yeah, that's me!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by cody599

Don't pee on my back and tell me it's raining!

I believe that says it all!

Hey littled
I just woke up and guess what?
It's raining

Cody

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Hi whitealice

I think your signature suns it up

Cody

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

~Tenth

It may be corny but it's the first time I've heard it
I may use that in the future
Thanks
Cody

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
Eat, Drink, and be Fat and Drunk....

I'm working on it

Cody

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Life is far to short to bother with ones own philosophy, unless there is something at hand which absolutely requires it.
reply to post by TrueBrit

I disagree
My signature is my core belief, my little philosophy if you like, I live by it and others have learned from it for the betterment of themselves in my experience.

Thank you for a great reply

Cody

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

The human condition seeks to improve itself but we are still in the nursery. We're not as smart as we like to think we are...
reply to post by redoubt

I am

I am exactly how smart I think I am, just not smart enough

Cody

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by cody599

My top core belief is (and it is etched in stone) I don't know what I'm doing. Never did. Just wingin' it as I go along.

Jigger I love your take on life.
I've learned so much from your honest approach
I'd be your wing man any time.

Cody

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
I guess my core beliefs will life to the fullest and do my best to survive despite the odds. Yeah, that's me!

Survival is not enough

Fun must be had, laughter must be heard, and love must be shared.

Without the above life would be a living death IMHO

Cody

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Well, yeah. I do have a stern look; but I can laugh like a maniac in multiple ways.

HHMMMMMMM! hahalol

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
My core belief is that I am a spirit being in a human body.

Everything else is subject to change of opinion.

Oh, and coffee is good for the soul....*sip* Have a cup! c(_)
edit on 18-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

YES.

new topics

top topics

join