It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Say Don't Let the Door Hit Ya.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I THINK ALEC BALDWIN IS HEADING UP THE LINE......

cnn.netscape.cnn.com...

Mod Edit: Fixed caps Lock Problem

[edit on 5-11-2004 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Gotta love this quote:

"As Canadians, you'll have to learn to embrace and use all the products and culture of Americans, while bad-mouthing their way of life," he said.

Sounds like every Canadian I know (all three of 'em).

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandge
Gotta love this quote:

"As Canadians, you'll have to learn to embrace and use all the products and culture of Americans, while bad-mouthing their way of life," he said.

Sounds like every Canadian I know (all three of 'em).

I absolutely love that. And I live within minutes of the bridge to Windsor. They hate American domination, but love our dollars

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If someone wants to leave the U.S. that badly, then why don't they? Why are they just thinking about it? There are 190 other countries on Earth to choose from -- assuming that they'll take you, you'll probably be happier living in another country anyway if you're that depressed here in the U.S.

The U.S. and Canada are the same size physically, but the U.S. has 285 million people, while Canada has only 30 million people. You'd think that Canada would be happy to accept a couple of million American immigrants -- they need more permanant residents!

If you love the U.S. and wish to stay, great. You're welcome here, no matter your views, as long as you don't break any state or federal laws. But, if you're that set on leaving, then leave! Stop "threatening" to leave!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
this must be a really big thing in america. i am planning on moving outta the country soon i hope. A friends of mine has said the same. i wonder how many are actually leaving.

btw...ive been planning on moving for a while but ive been reading many things going on in america and if any of them are true then i dont think i wanna be here any longer...just the ideaof "free speech zones" in america makes me wanna get on a plane now...but im somewhat poor at this point and time.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by kessel]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
If you love the U.S. and wish to stay, great. You're welcome here, no matter your views, as long as you don't break any state or federal laws.

The problem with that mindset is that americans are supposed to help make the laws that govern them. When that right and responsibility is is hijacked by corrupted election processes, it's kind of hard to be a law-respecting citizen. Back when women were still fighting for the vote, one of the main arguments was that since women were not allowed to take part in elections, government and lawmaking, they weren't bound to abide by them.

I have no clue who is making the laws of this country. After reading ATS for the past year, I'm thinking the average american has nothing to do with any governmental issues. So I can understand people wanting to leave this country. If an individual's vote is supposed to mean something, yet more and more crap comes out about vote tampering, vote fraud and voter intimidation, it seems pretty obvious that being an american has a lot less meaning than most people assume.

--Saerlaith

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ya see, I'm what they call a flip flopper..

Right now my job commands me to live and work in Toronto, but I'm American born originating from upstate NY. I do like the city of Toronto where everyone here greets you with a smile and offers you the time when asked upon. The city is widely diverse and I constantly engage in conversations with all types of people (cab drivers especially). I think Canadians here work too hard but know how to have fun when called upno, even being homeless here is consider to be a profitable profession. Toronto has recently approved same sex marriages and the city's atmosphere has always remained the same. Every summer now the city will host a gay pride parade where even straight people attend to have a little fun, yet no thuderbolt from the heavens has so far struct Toronto by the fury of gods hand.

I'm not really looking forward to moving back once my 6 months is up, but i'm a flip flopper and i dont have much of a choice.

new topics

top topics

join