It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS to be Sued

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm sure that everyone is aware tgat the IRS was caught targeting conservative groups. Well, now these groups are going to sue.

The reason I bring this up is because I believe the IRS is also targeting individuals. I will get into my reasoning a little later because the story is very personal in nature, and I need a little time to formulate my story.

Anyhow, here is my question: are there any libertarian, constitutionalists, etc here on ATS who feel they have been cheated as well? If so, would you be willing to share your story? I strongly feel this is happening on an individual as well as organizational scale. This needs to get out. It is time for the IRS to be disbanded, and this is our opportunity to make it happen.

Jay Sekulow is the name of the attorney who is taking on the IRS. He is the guy our objections need to be voiced to.If it is as I suspect, this really could deal a death blow to the IRS.

Thoughts? Stories? Surely I am not alone here.

Thanks for reading.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
My Dad's business has been audited three times within the past twelve years. He was never found liable in any of those instances, he is an honest man, no cheating. He has owned a road boring company that has been in the family since the fifties.

In 2006 the IRS called us several times. They wanted more extensive information on our financial situation as well as records. For a period of six months, my husband was deployed to the middle east, (Navy). For the first time in his military career we did not have to pay taxes for that duration of six months. Shortly thereafter, my husband retired so we had no income for a period of four months during the rest of the year (his retirement income is very small). To make a long story short, for the first and last time, we paid no income tax whatsoever. When I did our taxes, I thought I must of done something terribly wrong. Not only did we not have to pay taxes, but we got money back due to a child tax credit. It felt really strange. No worries, though. A month later my husband got a great job and we paid plenty of taxes that year. Now, don't even get me started on what we pay, it is disgusting.

Of all the people that do shady things, why target the military? The records are right there, all they have to do is ask the military.

My brother was also audited eight years ago (personal income tax), no judgement and he paid what he was supposed to. He works in the family business with my Dad.

So you tell me? Three people in one family? Nothing shady going on, and no reason to be scrutinized. Just luck of the draw, right? .

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by artnut

Yeah, sounds like they have their eyes on you as well.

They literally robbed me two years ago. I am curious if anyone has stories of actually being cheated by them.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

im not sure if this relates but, my grandparents owned 16 sections ( 16 square miles ) of land in Nebraska. they ran cattle on it and something happened that the irs took more than half the land for tax reasons. im not sure of the entire back story but now they dont have it at all do to tax complications. its things like this that need to stop. they should not be able to take your house or your money for any reason. it makes me mad cus i was supost to get a section of land

forgot to add, im not 100% if they just didnt pay there taxes.
edit on 17-5-2013 by NISMOALTI because: forgot to add

also every time i ask my family about it they dont want to talk about it, and they are way to afraid of the irs
edit on 17-5-2013 by NISMOALTI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

How soon we forget, from 1998:

Businessmen Testify of Armed Raids by I.R.S.

Three businessmen told the Senate Finance Committee today of Internal Revenue Service agents who, with guns drawn, broke down doors, terrified workers and forced teen-age girls to change clothes in front of male agents in raids at the men's homes and businesses that they said were unnecessary.

edit on 17-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

You think it's bad in the US LOL. I am in Canada where the tax rates are twice as high.

The CRA (Canada Revenue Agency), which is our version of the IRS, has targeted my main company seven times and my second company twice in the last fifteen years including a ten year audit that covered 1996 to 2005 and took six months to complete. They have never found a problem that would cause me to owe any additional monies.

However, I think I know why they are doing this and it is harassment as I have the "goods" on two government situations. First, Canadian Ambassador/Consul malfeasance and negligence in 1990 overseas, where Andrian Brazeau almost got entire family killed through negligence, inaction and plain stupidity. Second, I blew the whistle on a 150 million dollar government minister/university tax and public funds fraud between 1997 and 2001. I lost 30 million, it got settled on the way low end and I also ended up with gag orders and sealed files so that the scandal would not collapse the government and educational system. Since the CRA was involved in covering up the fraud to protect government ministers and a university, they seem to like to attack me from time to time. You know, just to let me know they are still there and I had better not name names as per my gag order.

So I got pro-active and decided to fight back, now I show people how to sue these asshats and charge them back for doing their work.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/17.2013 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Well now is the time to strike back. They are in deep water over this latest scandal. If it can be shown that they target individuals for political reasons as well, we may be dealing a death blow to the agency.

Give the power back to the treasury where it belongs and burn that monstrosity they call a tax code!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The IRS is an independent organisation and rightly so, so that it have the fullest independence to check upon BOTH democrats and republican and just plain ANYONE whom they have suspicions that they had been hiding taxable income from the american People.

The extremist Tea party had shown high income and made up of many wealthy persons, and thus their display of wealth and power beyond the ordinary american, akin to a guy who buys a Lamboghanni WITH CASH and not credit.

Therefore the proved themselves an open target for scrutiny, just like any flamboyountly rich idiot whom on the surface is hard to account for their fantastic wealth and need deeper study and checks.

But in the end, it is still EVIDENCES that matter. So long as those wealth are accounted for and taxes paid, there is NOTHING that IRS can do, unless of course, the rich have something to hide and destroying the IRS is perhaps a sinister means to ensure NO ONE else will scrutinize their hoarded unaccounted gains ove the american people?

By all means, blame the President, it will only enhanced the view that the republican party and its supported extremist group the tea party are just being petty and hell bent on destroying USA with partisan politics rather than for the uplifting of american people.

This aint the 70s or 80s anymore when smear campaigns were easy to manipulate the massed to topple personally disliked politcal figures. Most of this generation is far more educated and experienced by the lessons of the past to be fooled again.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The IRS is an independent organisation and rightly so, so that it have the fullest independence to check upon BOTH democrats and republican and just plain ANYONE whom they have suspicions that they had been hidingThe IRS is an independent organisation and rightly so, so that it have the fullest independence to check upon BOTH democrats and republican and just plain ANYONE whom they have suspicions that they had been hiding taxable income from the american People.

The extremist Tea party had shown high income and made up of many wealthy persons, and thus their display of wealth and power beyond the ordinary american, akin to a guy who buys a Lamboghanni WITH CASH and not credit.

IRS is independent...OK if you say so. There is proof that in this case there were key words used to harass and audit...Anyone on the present regimes 10 most hated list got allot of extra unbiased attention. Even some of the Democrats are acting like they are upset and disgusted. Why because any thinking person realizes they could be next for the same attention.

Seriously: The Internal Revenue Service official in charge of the tax-exempt organizations at the time when the unit targeted tea party groups now runs the IRS office responsible for the health care legislation. Sarah Hall Ingram served as commissioner of the office responsible for tax-exempt organizations between 2009 and 2012. But Ingram has since left that part of the IRS and is now the director of the IRS’ Affordable Care Act office, the IRS confirmed to ABC News today.
www.teapartypatriots.org...

Only so many loyal friends you can choose from to place in high places.....

The Tea Party movement spontaneously formed in 2009 from the reaction of the American people to fiscally irresponsible actions of the federal government, misguided “stimulus” spending, bailouts and takeovers of private industry. Within the first few weeks of the movement, Tea Party Patriots formed to support the millions of Americans seeking to improve our great nation through renewed support for fiscal responsibility, constitutionally limited government, and free market economic policies.

QUOTE:
FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY means not overspending, and not burdening our children and grandchildren with our bills. In the words of Thomas Jefferson: “the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity [is] swindling futurity on a large scale.” A more fiscally responsible government will take fewer taxes from our paychecks.

CONSTITUTIONALLY LIMITED GOVERNMENT means power resides with the people and not with the government. Governing should be done at the most local level possible where it can be held accountable. America’s founders believed that government power should be limited, enumerated, and constrained by our Constitution. Tea Party Patriots agree. The American people make this country great, not our government.

FREE MARKET ECONOMICS made America an economic superpower that for at least two centuries provided subsequent generations of Americans more opportunities and higher standards of living. An erosion of our free markets through government intervention is at the heart of America’s current economic decline, stagnating jobs, and spiraling debt and deficits. Failures in government programs and government-controlled financial markets helped spark the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression. Further government interventions and takeovers have made this Great Recession longer and deeper. A renewed focus on free markets will lead to a more vibrant economy creating jobs and higher standards of living for future generations. END QUOTE:

Yep totally extreme, and all should be taken to the wood shed.....or so TPTB seems to think.....

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

What's up with this generalization that tea party folks are rich and drive fine Italian sports cars? I associate myself with the tea partiers and I sure as hell am not wealthy. Can you direct me to the person I need to speak with about the sports car? Thanks in advance.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well, I posted a bajillion links to cases in my thread, Obamagate, much more than Benghazi. You are more than welcome to share all my info again. I like to see my hard work put to good use.

Oh and the IRS is being sued by a lot of folks. The NOM is suing for release of confidential TAX forms! I have a copy of that form in another members thread somewhere. I will look for it.

Ok found it. NOM's private tax form was released to target Romney during the election. The thread is called:

Claim: Obama Campaign Co-Chair Attacked Romney with Leaked IRS Docs
edit on 17-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Better yet here is the PDF to the tax form itself. This was private tax info! Romney's was the Free and strong America donation for $10,000.

NOM's Private Tax Form

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Sweet. Thanks for the info.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Let's say the IRS loses the case and they must pay.

Where do you think they are going to get the money?
Insurance maybe? This is my guess, as I am sure that they are covered through insurance for things like this.

However chances are their insurance rates are going to skyrocket, and where do you think they are going to get all of that extra money they will have to pay annually to the insurance company (who I am sure is very close to the top officials at the IRS and the Federal Reserve)?

From the people of the United States, that is where.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
Let's say the IRS loses the case and they must pay.

Where do you think they are going to get the money?
Insurance maybe? This is my guess, as I am sure that they are covered through insurance for things like this.

However chances are their insurance rates are going to skyrocket, and where do you think they are going to get all of that extra money they will have to pay annually to the insurance company (who I am sure is very close to the top officials at the IRS and the Federal Reserve)?

From the people of the United States, that is where.

I have already thought about this. Pity huh? This administration has been costing us more money in every way imaginable. Now we are also paying for their mistakes. Imagine the expense of the hearings and investigative work. Look at the time spent by Americans reading all this crap. And the overtime for the reporters. And imagine what all those document shredders must cost.
I wonder if the fire alarm in the White House the day after our Monday surprises was from a document shredder overheating.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

But, these are illegal methods used by particular people who are employed by the IRS.

To stop this - individuals should be sued - and be assessed the blame - on an individual basis -

THAT would stop the illegal audits - and the individuals can then blame their bosses - however far the Bosses go - even the president.

I really wish this is what would/could happen with these bastards. Make it personal - it was a personal attack.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Good point. Do government employee's carry malpractice insurance? I bet they do!

Ah found it!

We routinely review the benefits available to Federal Government Employees and we have created exclusive solutions that form the backbone of our Federal Government Benefits packages. We offer personal umbrella liability insurance,

Wright USA - Federal Employee Program Administrator

edit on 18-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Sue who though? That IRS Commissioner sat on the stand for hours yesterday and refused to answer nearly every question given him, including who was in charge.

If you attempted a personal suit, you'd just get the same runaround and end up with some low level staffer. You wouldn't gain anything and some dude who WA$ just doing as he was told would lose his job.

The idea is to make the IRS look so damn bad that they restaff the entire organization, or scrap it all together.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

5.17.5.2 (12-14-2007) Doctrine of Sovereign Immunity

The traditional rule is that the government or sovereign cannot be sued without its consent. This doctrine prevented citizens from bringing actions against the government to redress wrongs allegedly committed against them by the government.

www.irs.gov...

Hmm, I wonder if the IRS will give consent to be sued?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Sue who though? That IRS Commissioner sat on the stand for hours yesterday and refused to answer nearly every question given him, including who was in charge.

If you attempted a personal suit, you'd just get the same runaround and end up with some low level staffer. You wouldn't gain anything and some dude who WA$ just doing as he was told would lose his job.

The idea is to make the IRS look so damn bad that they restaff the entire organization, or scrap it all together.

I think it's high time for a tax revolution. People just refuse to pay taxes until the IRS comes clean on the criminal activity in their own midst...

Des

top topics

<<   2 >>

join