It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerball Lotto is at over 600 million!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hard to even fathom what I'd do with that kind of money (or rather half of it, after penalties and taxes, but still...)

It is kind of a fun exercise to write it down though, at least for me.

Paying off student loans and the mortgage, of course, though I know it seems minor with that kind of dough.
I'd certainly help out a lot of friends and family members too.
I'd go on a major home remodeling spree, adding a pool, new fencing, additions, etc.
My full list is around 50 things, nothing too crazy (except for an insane truck).

Anyhow, have fun thinking of what you'd do with that, even if you don't post 'em....
edit on 17-5-2013 by Gazrok because: updated amount.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Pay off debt, help out immediate Family, Purchase a house away from a city, Enjoy Mai Tai's and Long Island's until I die...... And provide my daughter with a presitigious education so I can leave this world knowing I left it with a sulaw 5.0 upgrade

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I'd build a big, stupid house out in the middle of nowhere, put $1 million each into a trust account for both of my kid's college funds, buy an RV to tour the country, and put the other $445 million into savings (not necessarily in a bank, I'd have plenty of physical assets in my big stupid house out in the middle of nowhere.)

Then I'd sit back and wonder what the hell to do with all that money.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Wow...the IA Powerball is probably going to reach the $600 million mark for tomorrows drawing too. Pooling at work where everyone included is chipping in $10. Here is what I would do though:
Payoff those damn irritating student loans...I would send a check with FU written in the memo.
First purchase would be a brand new Toyota Tundra decked out like the HULK on Steroids.
Build my parents a fantastic home.
Build myself a nice home surrounded by about 20 acres or more of land.
Help out family and friends.
Always wanted to start my own small business so I would start a portable BBQ smoke house. "Big Red's Rolling Smoke House".....
Ahhhhh the dreams!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Pay off my best friends house and give them some money.
Pay for my sons to go to college
Help out my mom
Make my husband quit working
Buy land and build a new house
Open a metaphysical bookstore/cafe
Help as many strangers as I could, anonymously.

Boy it's fun to dream...... *sigh*

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I never buy lotto tickets but tonight I'll make an exception! I will probably not win but it's worth a try.
I could use that money right now. Heck I'd take 10k of it and be happy!!

I would pay off everything then i would hit the Ford dealership and buy myself a nice Shelby GT500 then hit up Mustang auto trader and look for a 1967 Shelby GT500
After that I'd buy a one way ticket to France! I'd set my family up and help out a few friends as well. I would also find my favorite little Chateau in Nievre, France and offer the people double what they paid in cash.
I love that place and have been drawn to it for almost 10yrs!

I wouldn't go crazy spending either, I'm a tight wad! I like to shop at certain places and that wouldn't change. Although I do have to admit I'd definitely have more Manolo's in my closet

edit on 5/17/2013 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
There is no "Florida Powerball" its is a combined total from all states involved. Thats why the payouts get so outrageous these days.

multi state lottery

I will be playing over here in Jersey as well. Good Luck everyone

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazon

Correct, and it is over 600 million now!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I see the huge billboard on my commute to work every morning and its pretty crazy watching the numbers climb everyday. If only...

So whats everyone's secret lottery winning technique? Are you the pick your own special numbers kind of player, or the quick picker???

Something else to think about Why Winning Powerball Won't Make You Happy

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazon

I looked it up, and so far, ALL of the Powerball winning numbers were quick picks by the computer.

Why Winning Powerball Won't Make You Happy

Those who say money won't buy you happiness...don't know where to shop. Seriously, financial stability for life? Kind of hard not to be happy.
edit on 17-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I looked it up, and so far, ALL of the Powerball winning numbers were quick picks by the computer.

Interesting, good to know

It is crazy to me how many people have gone broke shortly after getting all those winnings. I mean how hard can it be? Get yourself the house you always wanted, a nice car, and just relax

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazon

That's just it though, they go spend crazy, and overextend themselves. Still, I can't fathom how that could happen with over 300 million (after everything).

I wouldn't even get a new house, just add ons and things done to the existing. I would buy up the land behind me though. My only real splurge items would be..

A decked out truck and a nice luxury car for me, sportscar and nice truck for the wife, car each for the kids, a nice new horse trailer, a nice RV trailer for camping, a nice boat, and some ATVs and Jet Skis.

Most other things would be improvements to the ranch.

We always sound better off than we are, we're still paycheck to paycheck like most folks (we were just lucky enough to get nice things for cash when we had it, so no debt on things, just student loans and the mortgage). We do build up savings now and then, but inevitably, something happens (like a layoff) and then we go through them. Would be great to not have to ever worry about it. We'd live off just interest, just fine, with that kind of cash.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

dont you guys have to pay tax on lottery winnings?
unlike the UK and Euromillions where you get it Tax Free

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Yep, that's why (after taxes and early collection fees) you'll actually get about 350 million of that 600 million. Still though, it's 350 million!!!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

My tickets say approx. 350,000,000 pay out for the cash option.

I would do what everyone with that kind of money should do, walk around all day every single day, handing out money to people.

I would seriously devote at least 50,000,000 to just walking around handing out 100 bills to everyone I see on the streets.

I would go at christman time and just pay off all the layaways at walmart and kmart etc.

I would follow people with crappy cars, and give then good cars.

I would buy many viable businesses, and fire all the crap people, then work undercover at crappy places and find good workers and give them good paying jobs, with benefits.

You know, all the stuff rich folks should do with their money but never actually do any of.

Instead they always make idiotic hoops to jump through for minimal payout etc.

I would make billions off the reality show what rich folks should do with their money, just from the news cameras following me around all time to watch me go.

Then I would die happy and probably poor.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I would get premium cable, then buy a cheese burger with the remaining money.

Seriously?

I'd enter politics and be completely un-fracking-touchable.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'd take a million aside to spend a year and see the world. I'd put One Hundred Million into an interest bearing account. Start a business doing Space tours, buy a house, and build a Spaceship. I'd also like to build a flying car and a flying city infrastructure to accommodate the car, even though 600 Million probably isn't even enough for that.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

this is related, but not related.. lol this shows you what you could do with 100 million but also has federal reserve stuff involved but whatev. This is just an idea what you could do with just part of the money.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
We'd be donating a bunch to autoimmune research.
We'd pay off debts ... move to a relaxing place - like New Hampshire.
(close to doctors in Boston .. but with great mountains and the ocean).

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'd self destruct with that kind of money. That is an honest answer.
In the meantime I would:

Buy a house for my mom and one for each brother. Put all 4 of my children through collage,buy myself a house in Minnesota, Alaska, and Texas.
I'd find a few homeless people and change their lives forever.

Write out a very extensive will where people would have to listen to me rant at them before they got whatever is left after I self destructed

top topics

join