It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertsons Advice to Wives of Cheating Husbands

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Pat has the right idea.

According to scripture, you are suppose to forgive, however, because of the hardness of our hearts divorce was granted only in the case infidelity.

Pat told her the right thing to do. To forgive, and move on. She doesn't have a choice unless she wants to harden her heart and divorce.

If she wants to attempt to follow Christ on this issue she needs to forgive and forget, but encourage him to follow more closely with Christ. She has to conquer forgiveness and he has to deny the flesh.

Both of them should turn their attention to Jesus. Make him number one. If you truly attempt to follow Christ, you'll have one of the best marriages, but it takes two to tango.

----

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Way to go bro!....14 wives?!...I heard it gets much easier to deal with them right after the 15th.So two more and you' are there....I really admire your patience and passion because personally I would have probably given up on marriage after number 7 or 8.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Pat is a geriatric whackjob.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Pat Robertsons Cheating Advice Sparks Outrage

Pat Robertsons cheating advice didn’t go over as well as he may have hoped. The evangelist, who appeared on Thursday’s 700 Club, responded to a woman pleading for advice on how to forgive her husband’s cheating by saying, “well, he’s a man.” ........ “Recognize also, like it or not, males have a tendency to wander a little bit. What you want to do is make a home so wonderful that he doesn’t want to wander.”

So women are just supposed to put up with it because men are going to commit adultry it's in their nature? And it's the woman's fault because if she had a nice home and homelife then he wouldn't want to wander?? That's what it look like he's saying. This isn't the neanderthal time period. Men are supposed to be civilized and not ruled by their primal procreative instincts but instead are supposed to be controlled by their brains.

Man .... oh man .... oh man ...... just

In the article, Robertson told the woman to 'stop talking about the cheating'. I think that's a bad idea. If there is a problem that contributed to the cheating, then it has to be discussed and resolved, or else there will just be more cheating in the future.

Social issue .... So ATS what's your take?
Are husbands just expected to cheat (or 'wander a bit' as Robertson called it?).
Is it automatically the wifes fault for not 'having a nice home' or 'nice homelife'??
What do you think?

what if his wife denies him sex regularly and uses it as a weapon??? It may be news to you but men marry women for sex and family.
I think he is quite honest and civilized imo....

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Misogynistic men are gonna be misogynists.

There really isn't much else to say is there?
and idiots will be idiots.....why not prove that he hates women?? these stupid buzzwords are used by women and men when they have no logical arguments...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Wait a minute. You watch Pat Robertson? The TV preacher? There is your first problem. He is a show performer who prays in public specifically so he can be heard by other people. If it's weird advice, change the channel. Unplug the TV. He doesn't know you're doing it, you won't hurt his feelings.

As social workers, preachers have packaged responses to life's problems, from a cookbook that has been reduced to simple sentences, so they can add a little of this, a verse of that, a pinch of this, and voila, you have doctrine. With high regard to Christendom, even an atheist can come up with the same responses a TV preacher would.

Well, men are puny mortals, and as puny mortals, there are cheaters in relationships. Did you notice it's not a man asking what to do with his cheating wife? And honestly, who says that complaint about a cheater was authentic? And you ever notice the trend of a woman who tries to fix her ruined relationships with more religion, being twice as religious for an irreligious husband? If she were the husband of the house, wouldn't she grab some scripture that says to put away the spouse in a writ of divorcement?

Because it's family TV, Robertson can't suggest to get a chastity device for the husband, or opening an institution of oaths in court to not cheat, and the penalty is cheater's jail. That would be wild. How fancy does a house have to be to keep a man from cheating? And wouldn't that be the worst emotional blackmail tactic a man could pull on his wife, to make her make a house he can't refuse or else he's going to cheat? If he goes, let him go, and change the locks, for he never actually loved you for you, but your house.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Actually, It may be her fault because if she didn't put up with it then he would not be wandering!
This is called a codependent enabler!
If you catch your lover with another then leave them whether male or female!
If you have problems in your marriage work them out!
Why is it today we are so quick to run away from our spouses because of minor problems?
Could this be why the divorce rates are so high?
Why is there so much wrong with society today?
Could this be because we all want what we don't have but never appreciate what we already do?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This post is a mis-representation of what happened on the show...if you really want to know what happened, I suggest you go to the CBN web site and watch the show for Thursday May 16. You will find the question at 50:36, it is during a segment of the show where people ask Pat for advice on their problems. This particular instance, a wife is asking how she can forgive her husband for cheating on her, Pat doesn't make excuses for the guy's behavior or just pass it off because he is a man. The wife is unforgiving of her husband and is asking how she can get to a point where she can forgive her husband, she states that it is all consuming in her life. The post is a very bad representation of the facts.
edit on 19-5-2013 by katou1957 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

This is stupid women wonder just as much as men and both have been doing so since caveman, cavewoman days and before.

It's all about ensuring that gene's are sure to go on, and so they say it always is good to have some back up.

From what they say though the main cause of cancer is HPV, so even if you don't and she does, or vice-versa, trouble awaits those who cheat.

To be real, in general people don't want to know if their spouse is cheating and will try not to believe it even if they find out, but a good case of Herpes can destroy a marriage, but honey it's when you went horse back riding that time that's how you caught it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Stupid, stupid man. And stupid religion, I don't mind saying. Why include the Old Testament in a modern religion?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
One word for cheating husbands DIVORCE

Then step 2 buy a new wardrobe of clothes on his credit card before you throw the git out

Or step 3 pack a bag and leave him to get his own dinner and washing done

Step 4 buy a cottage by the sea and near a pub then go have a ball.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I am no spring chicken and in my second marriage. The first started to crumble when the affairs started surfacing. My mother consoled me with "He's a man. He can't help himself. That just how God made him." This attitude does not exhibit much faith in the moral fiber of the male gender. I believe it was just an attitude to allow men to step away from their vows and brow beat their wives with the excuse that the wives were not up to snuff.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

“well, he’s a man.” ........ “Recognize also, like it or not, males have a tendency to wander a little bit. What you want to do is make a home so wonderful that he doesn’t want to wander.”

Oh my. Brother Pat is throwing bloody lightening bolts again.

Duck and cover time boys and girls, lol.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

What did you expect from Pat Robertson? He's a criminally-backward ape.
On the up side, his advice leads to some extremely good sandwiches!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Not surprising that Pat said that. My father cheated on my mother back in 1997. My mother went to her father-in-law and told him what his son was doing. How did he respond? "He's a man. You can't blame him.". What did her own mother say, her brothers and sisters? Same thing. So she had to suck it up and accept it. This mentality is rife within religion.

Eventually, she did divorce the son of a bitch though in 2009 after giving him numerous chances.
edit on 21-5-2013 by EloquentThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EloquentThinker

Welcome to ATS.

Yeah, domestic abuse, betrayal, and violence is a global and horrid issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join