It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertsons Advice to Wives of Cheating Husbands

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It depends on why the man "wandered". Maybe Pat is right, but maybe not completely. Men and women have the tendency to seek things they're not getting in their partners.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

Then they should have Never said "I Do".

It really does Not depend on Anything.

How can Anyone Lying to his Wife Be Justified?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
It depends on why the man "wandered". Maybe Pat is right, but maybe not completely. Men and women have the tendency to seek things they're not getting in their partners.

Then if he believes in the commandments...#10 is in question?!
...sound reasonable?
...and if he is contradicting it with an excuse...why should anyone take this idiots advice?

Å99
edit on 17-5-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I feel uncomfortable with the idea that wives should feel obligated to satisfy the sexual needs of their husbands.

Obviously, at a psychological level, its important that the sex life of a couple should be considered important. But it's how its spoken about and framed that matters.

Some conservative writers, like Dennis Prager, encourages his listeners to "coax" their wives into satisfying their sexual needs. It's not that this is wrong. A woman who is not cultivating a sexual relationship with her husband is in danger of losing her husband. Therefore, some conversation should be had as to the importance - for the sake of the relationship - of setting time away for a sex life. Saying this is different than the blunt "husbands deserve sex" from their obstreperous wives.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

why should anyone take this idiots advice?

Å99

Because he is a "Man of God".

He just made it O.K. to Violate the Commandments.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Let's be clear here...(according to the article posted)...the 'advice' was for the wife...
If this idiot had an ounce of legitimacy, the answer would have squarely addressed the husband...His focus on the wife demonstrates where he thinks the fault lies...despite the 10th...and he would do well to enrol in some basic course on interpersonal relationships...he obviously has no clue...and should not be assuming the role of marriage counsellor...

Å99

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

His Advice may have been directed to the "Wife", but it is Quite Clear that the message was received by Millions which includes :Men".

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

His Advice may have been directed to the "Wife", but it is Quite Clear that the message was received by Millions which includes :Men".

...that's the unfortunate part about these idiots that happen to have large audiences...he could have dressed in a Mickey Mouse suit...I hear many children love Mickey Mouse...

Å99

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Now THAT My Good Man would give a Whole New Meaning to the 700 Club.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Now THAT My Good Man would give a Whole New Meaning to the 700 Club.

...or even a clown suit...I hear that famous food clown is quite influential...

Å99

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What ever happened to Christians asking themselves...."What would Jesus do?"

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Oh, .. . your talking about a "Moral Compass".

Um, .. Well, .. . Maybe the "Moral Compass" was Re-Calibrated by someone who really didn't know their A$$tranauts from a Hole in the Ground.

Unfortunately this gives those followers ( and Others apparently ) the idea that , "Hey, guys are gonna fool around". what's the big deal?

So, for those "Believers" he just re-wrote at least 2 commandments, possibly 3.

Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery
Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness
And possibly
Thou Shalt Not Covet thy neighbors wife

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

What ever happened to Christians asking themselves...."What would Jesus do?"

Do 'christians' really ask themselves anything?...or do they mindlessly follow the command of...mmm...el papy?
...or the self-proclaimed mouthpieces, like the idiot who is the subject of this thread...

Å99

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
pat robertson is a senile old republican, i wouldn`t put to much faith in anything he says

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
pat robertson is a senile old republican, i wouldn`t put to much faith in anything he says

I can find information on his political alignment but can't find Anything as far his senility goes.

Care to post a link?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

" I know men who have cheated that had everything any man could want from a marriage. "

How could you know for Sure what these Men are Really Thinking ? Are you a Mind Reader , or just Supposing here ?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

It is really hard to answer a Generalized Question like that in the first place . All People are Different and Unique , what motivates them to do certain things is beyond anyones Comprehention IMO.......

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by skorpius
reply to post by caladonea

So if the wife cheats on the husband is it ok for the man to cheat then?

I left my wife because she was a repeat cheater.
One day I decided to pay her back, biggest mistake of my life. I don't know why, but it hurt me more that I committed adultery on her than her doing it to me.

As for the subject.
He's just a man? A man stands by his woman. A man should never do anything to hurt her.

Trust me I know.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
We're a polygamous species by nature, and a monogamous one by choice. A man's biological purpose is to spread his seed, a woman's biological purpose is to collect the seed of multiple vying mates so that the strongest may impregnate her. You can read about this in depth in Robin Baker's Sperm Wars.

Basically, yes, men are supposed to desire multiple sexual partners, but so are women.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Dear windword,

I gave you a star because I couldn't believe no one else had. You laid the foundation for a very reasonable approach to this situation and included information which most, if not all, of the other posters chose to ignore.

Maybe it's the fora I spend most of my time in, maybe it's my personal situation at the moment, maybe it's the danger facing the present administration causing panic, I'm not sure. Regardless, there seems to be a higher level of hate and rage here, even blind hate, than I'm used to seeing.

I hope you don't mind if I repeat some of your points.

A woman writes in, asking how she can deal with her feelings of anger, betrayal, and distrust. She's not asking if he did the wrong thing in cheating, or what the cause of it might have been, or whether she owed him more sex or whatever.

The large majority of Robertson's advice, the first portion, was solid. Stop focusing on the wrong he did. Don't relive it over and over. Don't concentrate on that bad act, instead look to the good things in life and in the relationship. That all seems reasonable. The woman wants to stay with her husband, but says she wants to change her attitude, this seems like a good path.

After providing her with the advice, he changes gears, almost changes topics. He talks about how that bad act could have occurred. 'Men have a tendency to wander," is so obviously true, that I'm surprised it was even noticed. Of course we do. Thankfully, many men (I wish it were all) are able to overcome that tendency and live in completely faithful marriages. Some aren't, and part of the problem is the temptations that exist. This is also an obvious truth.

Look at it this way. If I were to say that ATS posters have a tendency to call people names, the proper response would be "Duh!" But most are able to overcome that tendency.

Finally, Robertson says that a way to help a husband is to provide various kinds of support at home so that he is more able to resist temptation. Sounds good to me. I don't see where he went wrong. I may say, however, that the site "RightWingWatch" has seriously slipped in my estimation.

Nice work, windword.

With respect,
Charles1952

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join