It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 15 Image Mystery

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Apollo 15 Image Mystery
UFO in Frame AS15-84-11253
Apollo 15, was the first of three advanced lunar missions. It was launched on July 26, 1971 and carried astronauts Alfred Worden, James Irwin and David Scott. It was also the first mission to include the Lunar Roving Vehicle, and involved exploration of a part of the Hadley-Apennine region of the moon. The mission brought back 76kg of lunar material, some of which has been used by scientists who have proved that the moon is, in part, a massive chunk of the earth that was struck from our planet by a collision with a gigantic space object billions of years ago.

Now, it seems, Apollo 15 collected something else: a shot of an unidentified flying object. Anomaly hunters who sift through millions of images available from NASA have found a most unusual shot from this mission. The image shows an object that would be among the most unusually shaped meteors ever observed, if it is a meteor. It is not the Apollo Command Module, which would not have been visible due to its small size and orbital distance.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
strange.it looks like a Death Glider in Stargate

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I hate to say it, but even though that picture's pretty cool looking when you zoom in but it's not so clear as to be inarguably anything nifty. As in, if NASA says it's ice flakes popping in front of the camera lens (don't ask where the ice flake's coming from) I might be skeptical, but I'd not be able to reject that explanation outright....it's just not a convincing picture.

Now, if you could spot the same object in a lot of different photos, then you'd have something.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
To me, there's nothing spectacular here. It's too hard to get any idea of just how big/small this object is because there is no relationship between it and any other objects in the background. The moon is there, but it's not good enough to work. For all we know, it was a smudge on the camera lense.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   

strange.it looks like a Death Glider in Stargate

Hee hee, that's what i was thinking !

A big rock, no ?

Deep

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well here is the original picture. I think that someone is grabbing at straws. Its probably a smudge on the lens and someone who is PhotoShop happy.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I'm gonna be boring and say that it could be a mni asteroid passing by...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
If it had some lights in the right places it would look like the delta flyer from star trek voyager

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
yeah, without any frame of refrence, the picture could be dust stured up by the rover that is just floating 2' from the camera, or an astreoid 10 mi away, no real way of telling, could be anything, UFO, dust, ice, a star phenomina, or nebula, it could be anything w/o a frame of refrence.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Personally I'd say it looks more like a smudge... But who knows, anyone able to do/find some sort of image enhancement for it? Should be interesting to see some more detail...

Xon

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I think the is no strange thing whit the picture. Becouse the space is not empty there is much "rocks" and maybe like sisonek said it can be ice. And it can be many thing but a alien I doent think so. A Ufo yea becouse we doent know what it is, but a ufo made by a alien eeeh really doent think so.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I saw something interesting with this anomaly:

This is the anomaly with the two segments moved horizontally together. It is also zoomed in to double size.

Looks fairly interesting, as the two parts fit exactly.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Looks like the earth, out of focus and distorted by the higher contrast moon, to me.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Looks like the earth, out of focus and distorted by the higher contrast moon, to me.

How can you see the Earth SO? I can't seem to extrapolate the Earth out of that shape.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Did Stanley Kubrick smoke cigarettes? It could be a puff exhaled from Kubrick or one of the set guys.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
the fact that it can be put together perfectly almost destroys all credibility of the picture i saw almost because rembere shoemaker levy 9? how JUpiters gavity tore it apat to many different peices. This could have simply been a asteroid that gat broken apart by gravity and is still going on teh same path due to newtons laws of motion.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Quite cool that they managed to capture a picture of a nearby asteroid coming apart if it's true... must be pretty close to the moon if it's visible there, either that or it's huge and yet scarily close to earth's orbit.... exciting stuff

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slashpepper
Quite cool that they managed to capture a picture of a nearby asteroid coming apart if it's true... must be pretty close to the moon if it's visible there, either that or it's huge and yet scarily close to earth's orbit.... exciting stuff

Well we do only moniter like 5% of the sky so there is a high chance a large astarode could sneek up on us.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
forgive me, but isnt there also a star in the picture - when the guys went to the moon they said because there where no stars is because the cameras etc werent up to it - now dont these pictures have sharp detail?

Now look at the grainy picture you furnish us with - blured as hell - but theres a star? where then if the moon landing images of the guys comin out the craft so detailed and sharp - but dont have stars in the sky??

bit of everything here - sorry but its all fitting together.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Open the picture with Paint and invert the colors! It dose look like a glider or arrow shaped object. I would upload it but I was having trouble. Hope it helps!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join