It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hundredth Monkey Effect (and/or Group Global Consciousness)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: olaru12
Who you callin a monkey???

You didn't read the opening post, did you? It really doesn't have anything to do with monkeys. It has to do with a group of people and their spontaneous change of behavior or thought process. Read the information in the opening post.

Could the 'Arab Spring' be a 'hundredth monkey effect'?? Could the events in Ferguson? There are some mundane or worldly things that could spark these things, but the response seems more excessive to me than we could expect from the events.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Actually I have read the thread and contributed earlier.

My "who you callin a monkey" was just my uncontrollable corny gene manifesting itself in a feeble attempt at humor.

I apoligise

To the topic....

Global events have far reaching affects regardless of intent or logic. We are totally at the mercy of the string pulling puppet masters in a tragedy, not of our making. Metaphysical forces....
edit on 27-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: olaru12

I thought you were going in a whole different direction. No problem. It's all good. The joking around didn't get through .. I didn't see it. It happens on the internet.

Do you think that Arab Spring and those kinds of things could be the Hundredth Monkey Effect? It was so sweeping and so quick??

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am not a scientist or an expert on physics, but it is my understanding that it has been found that all matter is energy manifesting itself in the 3rd dimension by vibrating at certain frequencies. The string theory seems to suggest that we are all connected by some sort of universal frequency.

Not too long ago it was discovered that our brains/thoughts actually emit wavelengths at various frequencies, some of which we can actually measure. Our understanding of how the brain works and the extent of how these wavelengths interact with the universe/people is very limited.

When you start talking about quantum physics things begin to get weird and our understanding of that realm is even more limited. Some have suggested that part of our brainwaves might transverse into the quantum realm and interact with this universal frequency perhaps giving us access to a sort of "cosmic consciousness" which could account for this 100 monkey effect.

I know, this is pretty far out there but it is my opinion that most paranormal things like ghosts, telepathy, and such are not magic but just things our scientist have yet to explain because of our limited understanding of the universe.

Those of you who just outright dismiss this type of phenomenon remind me of the religious zealots who burned people at the stake for suggesting the earth was not the center of the universe.

I think the next major development for our species will be a sort of "spiritual" one from breakthroughs in our understanding how our brain/minds work and the new capabilities we can achieve as a result of this new understanding.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Noetics! It's finally been given a name -- and the scientific attention it deserves.

noetic.org...

www.sheldrake.org...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join