It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Airforce To Target Russian s300 Systems Delivery

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Israel has more nukes than China does i dont think China is blwiong anyone off the map.

As for Israel targeting the Russian delivery, once the delivery has been made, who cares? Russia has already gotten their money they are just finally making delivery on a purchase that was made several years ago. Putin and Netanyahu met this week and this was discussed. Netanyahu told Puting that Israal would NOT let these weapons be handed over to Hezbollah and they would be targeted. Both parties know.

Originally posted by Alternative4u
I think it wont be too long before Russia & China blow Israel off the map, it will be good news for everyone on earth that flags will fly high everywhere on earth, we have let Israel get away with breaking world rule books for far too long, it's time Israel was sorted out.
edit on 17-5-2013 by Alternative4u because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The missles obviously could be used by Hezbollah to attack Israel.Or Assad may use them on Israel cities.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Israel has a right to be (victim), no matter point of view…!

This spoiled little chicken knows exactly that they can do NOTHING about the Syrian S-300 since the delivery system takes at least a week to be installed and test for its operation readiness (with Russian operators), one shot and they are facing Russians!

Now, what they can do during this time is to attack Lebanon and Gaza to cool off their frustration. My hearts goes for the innocents being butchered (again) and (again) for these blood suckers acts of war crimes.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If Israel decides it can waltz into its neighbors yards and take a big massive dump.. then neighbors are entitled to get a bad ass mean dog.

I doubt they will strike Russia's missiles directly, they aren't that stupid!

But it does stop the entire idea of a no fly zone over Syria.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

It doesn't stop it, just makes it more difficult. As the JCS said to Congress though, a Syrian no fly zone will be extremely difficult to pull off, unlike Libya. Syrian defenses are already all over the place, and fairly impressive. We would have to go in and destroy them, which would require boots on the ground.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Thursday claimed that the latest shipment of antiship missiles to Syria had no connection with Israel’s recent air strikes against Syria. He said that the consignment was part of an old contract signed before the air strikes were launched on Syria last year, the Guardian Express reported. According to Lavrov, no new contracts have been signed between Russia and Syria.

Russia Sold Advanced S-300 Ship-Killing Missiles To Syrian President Bashar Assad, Say US Officials

Clearly the the Yakhont missile is delivered by the old Contract..they recived the First batch in 2011..and Lavrov said No new contracts so there is no S 300 SAM for till now

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

I reiterate, this is tantamount to a delayed declaration of war in the middle east...as the Israelis CANNOT allow such anti aircraft systems to get into any arab hands.
Woa, Slow your Roll Bucko.

These are DEFENSIVE Weapons.
Do you Understand that?
If any Nation , stays out of Syria's Airspace, As they Should.
These weapons will be nothing but Dust Collector's.
Simple, Respect any and All others Airspace,

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

The problem is that they can easily target almost all of Israeli airspace from Damascus. That's why Israel doesn't want them to have them in Syria.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by stirling

I reiterate, this is tantamount to a delayed declaration of war in the middle east...as the Israelis CANNOT allow such anti aircraft systems to get into any arab hands.
Woa, Slow your Roll Bucko.

These are DEFENSIVE Weapons.
Do you Understand that?
If any Nation , stays out of Syria's Airspace, As they Should.
These weapons will be nothing but Dust Collector's.
Simple, Respect any and All others Airspace,

Ok thas just silly you have any idea how close these countries are and theres no such thing as a defensive missile where you aware you could put nukes on this Russia has them. I really dont believe Isreal will do an airstrike though there relatively easy to kill by standoff weapons launched from outside Syrian airspace in most cases. Extended range JDAMs and Spice kits mean expensive anti-aircraft missiles would have to be used against small, relatively inexpensive, "smart bombs". And with spice they can litterally have the pilot fly it in live so makes moving them really hard.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
From the source:

Together, the S-300 anti-aircraft and anti-missile system, and the Yakhont anti-ship system, would pose a formidable threat to any outside intervention in Syria, based on the international Libya model. The anti-ship missiles would be a serious threat to the Israeli navy, as well as the facilities above Israel's newfound underwater gas reserves. The S-300 could threaten Israeli military and civilian aircraft flying Israeli airspace, and not just over Lebanese and Syrian airspace.

I read that and laughed. Israel is complaining because this will make it harder to attack another sovereign nation?
Guess they aren't comfortable with a level playing field

Well you deliberately skipped the part that concerns the Israelis and bolded your own part instead. I hope my bolding helps...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

You're talking about two different missiles there. You're talking about the antiship missiles, and they're talking about the S300. The S300 can't take a nuclear warhead, or do any of the other things mentioned. It's a defensive anti-air missile, but it can target all the way into the ocean beyond Israel from Damascus, which is why it's such a threat.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

The problem is that they can easily target almost all of Israeli airspace from Damascus. That's why Israel doesn't want them to have them in Syria.
Ok. One more Silly Question.
Does Israel have them, or an Equivalent Weapon?
Sorry, Just one More Question Please...
Of these 2 Countries .. Which One has destroyed the others Nuclear station, and has Violated the Other's Airspace Frequently?
Shucks , my bad... One more question Puh-lease.
Who is the Country not to be Trusted with Advanced Weapons Again ?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I can see both sides to this one. Syria wants them because Israel has owned their defenses, but Israel is afraid to see them deployed because they can target any plane flying just about anywhere over Israel. It's a rather advanced weapons system too that normal EW has a hard time defeating.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I can see both sides to this one. Syria wants them because Israel has owned their defenses, but Israel is afraid to see them deployed because they can target any plane flying just about anywhere over Israel. It's a rather advanced weapons system too that normal EW has a hard time defeating.
Ok, but Israel can do the same thing over Syria's Country.
So... .....

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Except that Israel has to fly aircraft over Syria to do it. As far as I know they don't have a long range anti-air missile that can target all of Syria, like the S300 can over Israel.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

You're talking about two different missiles there. You're talking about the antiship missiles, and they're talking about the S300. The S300 can't take a nuclear warhead, or do any of the other things mentioned. It's a defensive anti-air missile, but it can target all the way into the ocean beyond Israel from Damascus, which is why it's such a threat.

No im not The S-300 system was developed to defend against aircraft and cruise in 1985 and is the only version thought to have been fitted with a nuclear warhead Nato designation SA-10 land-based, SA-N-6 naval version. This is why everyone panicked when Iran was trying to buy them and Russia changed their mind and is now being sued by Iran.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

The S300PS/PM was the only one THOUGHT to have been fitted with a nuclear warhead. There was no confirmation that it ever was. Syria is buying the S300P, the original version of the system, not the upgraded one.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Except that Israel has to fly aircraft over Syria to do it. As far as I know they don't have a long range anti-air missile that can target all of Syria, like the S300 can over Israel.

No they have patriots in fact the pac 3 20 kilometers agaist balistic missiles and 160 kilometers for aircraft. They also have the iron dome 70 km.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The S300PS/PM was the only one THOUGHT to have been fitted with a nuclear warhead. There was no confirmation that it ever was. Syria is buying the S300P, the original version of the system, not the upgraded one.

Zaph

That is not quite clear. The reports vary a lot. I've heard both; the grumble and the gargoyle. But... it doesnt make any sense to send a 70s s300 and certainly they wouldnt have cost those cute 100 million+ so I'm leaning towards the gargoyle (the pmu2 favorit) and it does fall in line with those 195km range people are talking about - the P only has a 75km range and no modern aircraft would have any trouble with it and certainly israel wouldnt be making any big fuss over it - it is the gargoyle and thats why Israel is crying foul.

The P is a 70s version, who the hell wants it today?

Besides... the nato drill in slovakia last year tested the gargoyle for a reason. Its NOT the grumble. The contract was signed in 1991, one year before the pmu-1 and now they're finishing it with the upgraded version, the pmu-2.

Of course it could be both... some medium and some long range, but theres definitely some gargoyles there or else like I said noone would give a damn and you know it.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

From what I've gathered (Soviet era SAMs aren't my strongest area) there is more than one missile type available for all versions, and the performance varies. But the reports say IF they get them it's the P, but you may be right on the version.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join