It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wanna be happy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Know who you are and what you want to be.
And be it.
Simple as that.

You are shy? But you want to be extrovert? Be it, train it.
You are dumb but want to be wise? Be it, train it.
Etc Etc

Never, for a second, stop knowing who you are and what you want to be, and never, for a second, stop loving who you are.

And be happy.
Its as simple as that.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm happy all the time

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sometimes it just seems that easy, but it's harder than it seems.

Life and the weight of the world, family deaths and illness, losing your job and a plethora of other problems sure can wreak havoc on someone's happiness.

You're right though, we should find happiness where we can and exploit it in a positive way! For me at the moment, that is nostalgia and collecting/playing retro games I had as a child lol

Cheers

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
Know who you are and what you want to be.
And be it.
Simple as that.

You are shy? But you want to be extrovert? Be it, train it.
You are dumb but want to be wise? Be it, train it.
Etc Etc

Never, for a second, stop knowing who you are and what you want to be, and never, for a second, stop loving who you are.

And be happy.
Its as simple as that.

Do you not see that if you know who you are and then want to be something different then that is the division. That is the duality of man - he thinks he is this but wants to be that.
Be what you are and be done with it.
If you knew what you were you would be totally fulfilled but you don't and that is why you are unsatisfied.

If you know what you are you will not need anything to be happy.
edit on 17-5-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I dont agree.
I feel happy by moving forward towards who I want to be.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

Do you love yourself and accept yourself unconditionally or do you feel the need to judge yourself as "not good enough"?

When you become 'who you want to be', will the seeking stop?

I don't think it is moving "forward". I think it is moving in circles. You want this, and when you get it then you want that. Then when you get that you want this again... then that... then this.. then that... and so forth

Life is already changing through the experiences you have. You learn and grow naturally, by saying you need to force yourself to be something different, that is a judgment and non-acceptance of self, and that is a judgment on life saying that it wasn't good enough molding you into who you are now.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manula
Its as simple as that.

It is not even remotely close to being as simple as that. In fact, it is for that very reason that so many people feel miserable.
Are you truly loving yourself if you aren't accepting yourself in the present; if you always feel the need to "be" something else? What if you fail to be that something else? What if you want to be something that is not possible for you to be?

If you want to be happy, find peace and acceptance in everything, as it is, in the present and in all following moments, with no exceptions.
It is not simple. It is hard. That is why there is so much unhappiness in the world. If it were simple, everyone would be happy all the time.

reply to post by arpgme

Very well said.
edit on 5/17/2013 by Damsel because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/17/2013 by Damsel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

If you want to be happy....

Adopt a dog from the shelter and actually make a difference in a living beings life.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
"The most pleasant existence is one of busy solitude." Voltaire.

Happiness is so much easier to achieve after your sexual desire fades.

Our biggest regrets in advanced age are the times we treated other people poorly. Never speak hatefully or harm people unless it is truly needed.
edit on 17-5-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: add

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Things occur in our lives of which we [sometimes] have little control that make us feel sadness, grief, anger, etc. Apart from those events, for me, most of happiness seems to be akin to choice. I can wake up and bemoan my achy joints or old injuries are flaring, or I can go outside and be with nature and do a little Tai Chi and feel good about things.

I can watch the sensationalized production that passes for news, or I can go outside and work on the neverending weeds and -- if I'm lucky -- see a coupla parrots chattering in the Almond or Sea Grape trees.

Yeah, I feel the press of a world in crisis -- all the horrors that humanity perpetrates upon itself -- and I have no answer for that, but I don't think it's naïve or delusional to dare to hope in those shadowed moments.

My darlin' and me have no children. One of us is going to die alone. If she goes first, I will be unhappy, but within those moments -- if it turns out that way -- I hope to remember the things we did, and how we made a difference for some in our own small way.

I want to never take a day for granted. Life is fleeting sometimes, and it can be snatched away without warning in an instant. I consider my time to be a commodity that is invaluable, and yes, I consider time spent here to be worthwhile. Things that matter involve personal investment, and sometimes that the process of gaining experience is worth more than the culmination of it.

I might practice a piece by Michael Hedges, say, on the guitar 857 times before I think it's close to right. Every time gets me closer. Every time I shape my right-hand fingernails (three of which are malformed due to a jointer accident), that action gets me closer to the tone and touch of the rest stroke that makes the piece come together.

Every watercolor painting I botch up with muddy colors makes the next one better. Every person I help out with some little thing makes me a more humble person, because I recognize that we're on the same path with a different pace. These are the elements of life that involve choice, and I thank God daily for the privilege of having that choice to make.

That's happiness, for me.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Manula

I agree with you and I wish others will heed your words.
Thanks for sharing amigo!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
To make others happy and smile, IMHO, will make us happier than when we become what we want to be.
(Example: Helping poor people, visiting orphanage and play with the kids there, etc)

Becoming something only satisfies us temporarily. And if we cannot achieve that, we will suffer for all our 'useless' efforts.
edit on 18-5-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
It is the belief in 'becoming' which makes life unhappy. There is no 'becoming' because there is only 'being'. When being is recognized you will have found the true self.

It was the serpent who said that you can 'become' - the talking deceiving serpent.

join