It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia sends Syria more advanced missiles...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If I were Russia I'd send in "advisors" for the weapons platforms and have them on site.

That would show true backing and would make Israel and "The West" think twice before killing Russian nationals. Everyone pretty much knows Putin is no joke.

Of course... that is if I was Putin. Mainly I take this stance because I am tired of holding my breath waiting for "it" to happen, whatever form "it" may take. Tired of the Middle East holding the whole world hostage, which goes both ways IMHO.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Are the children that Assad kills different from the palestinian children that Israel kills?

What an idiotic thing to say

Of course not.
How you come to this question escapes me. We are talking about Assad killing his own people in Syria, not Israel killing in Palestine. The fact that Israel is guilty of murder does not cancel out any other event or the guilt of anyone else.

Are you trying to say that because Israel kills Palestinian children it's okay for Assad to slaughter the children of Syria?

I think this is the typical simplistic mentality of having to pick a side. I don't think like that. I don't feel the need to convince myself that Assad is justified in murdering people just because I don't like the Israeli regime. I can hate both disgusting governments with equal measure.

I don't need to support everything Russia does, just because I'm critical of America's actions around the world.

Ultimately, I know that our western governments are doing things to suit them (oil, money, influence, military dominance...) and Russia will do things for its own interests (regional power, defence, oil, greed...) while Israel will do things for its own interests too (power, control, religious ideology...) and Assad will do things for his reasons too (to stay in power).

There is blood on many hands, the only hands that are clean are those of the innocent people in Syria who have no choice in this. They have terrorist groups and rebels aiming guns at them from one side, the Assad regime dropping bombs on them and aiming guns at them from another side, and several countries helping each side while no one helps them!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join