It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient machines in Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Cat knows how to live on a hot day beer and football, You looked at this the same as the rest of us though so it caught our attention.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

Don't be surprised when they start to find automobile skeletons stuck in volcanic rock.

That's already done and dusted, burying a car for insurance was a big scam at one time,

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
Just out of curiosity did you ever hear about the statues that washed out after heavy rains in northern Italy that may be from a lost and unknown culture, a lot on this site is suspect and maybe I have entered the wrong search criteria but maybe you can shed some light on these.

s8int.com...

Please refrain from reading the garbage at S8int.com. That story didn't turn up much with regard to any mainstream coverage, academic or otherwise.

I did find this, though:

Woetzel then invented a story about a former lawyer named Mario Tolone Azzariti, who is an archaeologist sent to Carlia (a country in Italy) to investigate reports of discoveries made of hundreds of ancient artifacts which includes alleged "dinosaurian representations" coming from the pre-Greek civilization of Calabria dated to be 3,000 years old. Hoax Artifacts even claims,

"Tolone Azzariti, had developed a wide knowledge of classical cultures from years of study in the historical libraries and in the National archaeological Museum of Naples, but it had never seen objects of this character, not from the age of the Greeks, nor Phonecians or Roman…."

Here, Dian Ardiyansah, possible webmaster behind Hoax Artifacts, are making it as if Azzariti discovered remnants of an advanced civilization with styles, culture, and technology way beyond time, similar to what is seen in pulp fiction novels. But no, that's not what Azzariti really saw. The claim about such discoveries made in Italy is all the way false. According to this article (in both Italian and English), what Azzariti did found in reality was ancient tombs that were vandalized long ago by locals. While the rich put the ashes of their loved ones in the urns and buried them in the tombs, the poor people in turn broke into the tombs, stole the urns, and empty them of their ashes so they can cook their meals in them before putting ashes back into the urns and then back into the tomb. The artifacts found in the tomb are axes and stone weapons and zoomorphing artifacts that represent sheep and goats that the pre-hellenistic people have highly prized for their skins, meat, milk, sacrifice, and work. These artifacts are dated to the time when the early tribes of Calabria transformed themselves from a nomadic group to agricultural farmers that formed civilizations that dotted the region about 3,500 BC/BCE.

Source

Originally posted by LABTECH767 Like I say there is a lot on that website that is probably just more recycled fakery but they are interesting and just maybe the Etruscan empire that Rome was a member city of before coming into it's own was not the first classical civilisation in Italy or the oldest ...

There is an official academic definition for the term "civilization." The Etruscans are the earliest found in Italy, using that definition.

This came from the page you linked:

Not possible assert the paleontologists, it cannot be assert the historians, but still the sculpture exists and Tolone asserts to have found it in area of Caria with hundreds of other ancient artifacts, of a pre-Greek civilization of Calabria, that is at least 3000 years old...

The use of the word civilization there is improper, even if the artifacts are legitimate, and I can't find any evidence of that.

However, regarding cultures in Italy prior to the Etruscans, quite a bit is known about them. Suggest you look into it and see if you can find the artifacts from S8int.com at any legitimate source.

Harte

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Thanks Harte I think I'll give that site a wide birth from now on, So they are fake then, although censorship is a touchy subject I would like to at least see a voluntary accreditation system for those site's that would rate them by quality and factual content but that would be too much to ask.

Still if they had been real they would have been cool, what do you think of the Hypogeum on malta though, not Italy I Know but still in the med and rather interesting en.wikipedia.org... , you already know these so just put that up for anyone unfamiliar with it.

I would have loved them statues to have been real though but ah well.

Well at least the school teacher never claimed to see lizard men from mars but the hairy white chimp hermits should interest some.
edit on 18-5-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

There are quite a few cars in lava on Hawaii as well, and near mount Etna though how well a fiat would stand the test of time is anyone's guess.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilverStar33
Regardless of the debunkers,OP You have a thread that obviously got people thinking for themselves.Please respond in the negative or affirmative to the idea I proposed,if it is your will.

The information is relevant so yes please do if not to much trouble.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

I'm not sure they had the tec to make them back then, btw pyramid energy research is big in Russia and after building one pyramid it left a permanent radar signature directly above the pyramid, the control tower had to log it as harmless anomaly as it is permanent.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well ATS Here is Something that is real!! before Mechanical Clocks and Navigation Devices and Star Charts!! that was known to have existed not until!!! the 18th century !!!! !!!!!

Antikythera Mechanism Project
www.antikythera-mechanism.gr...

Antikythera mechanism
en.wikipedia.org...

The construction has been dated to the early 1st century BCE. Technological artifacts approaching its complexity and workmanship did not appear again until the 14th century CE, when mechanical astronomical clocks began to be built in Western Europe.[5]

Antikythera Mechanism

Part 1: An Ancient Greek Computer?
www.world-mysteries.com...

ANTIKYTHERA MECHANISM RESEARCH PROJECT ( X RAY CT slice ) )
www.xtekxray.com...

Images Xray
www.xtekxray.com...

High Resolution Radiograph of the Antikythera Mechanism available for download
www.xtekxray.com...

edit on 18-5-2013 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Yes I have seen those spheres, what do the academics say they are musket shells?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
that lump of oatmeal probably is a fossil..

those smaller pieces resemble something like a tesla coil, conductive wires wrapped around an inner material? sounds familiar to me.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm just curious. After reading through this thread and looking at the pictures of crinoid fossils plus looking up more crinoid fossil images on Google images, I was struck with how much the following photo resembles some of them:

What do you think? Does it look like a crinoid fossil?

FYI, this is a bit of a trick question, but I would like to hear what people think.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The first pic really does look like it could be ancient marine organisms, but I cannot be certain. I have long wondered if it is possible that highly advanced civilizations have existed hundreds of millions of years ago on our planet. I wonder if we would have found evidence of civilizations that are so old, considering that all signs of them would have disappeared after such a length of time. There are occasional strange findings of objects embedded in rock or coal that formed millions of years ago, and although I have not personally verified any of these cases to be authentic, if only one of them truly is real, we will have to rewrite the history books. Well, once we learn enough about those who came before us.

What if these advanced civilizations existed prior to the dinosaurs even? It really is a stretch, but us humans know very little about the people who existed prior to recorded history, which started with ancient cuneiform. But for this to be the case, those who existed millions of years ago would have had to been wiped out, maybe by the same impact that killed the dinosaurs, or a prior impact that was of sufficient scale to kill most large mammals on the earth. I am not saying this is what happened, and am just presenting the possibility. What if these people were advanced, and did have large buildings, similarly modern technologies, etc.? Am I correct in saying that most evidence of such a civilization would have disappeared by now? Wouldn't erosion and other natural processes have erased any sign of their presence?

I remember watching that show on the history channel called "Life After People" I believe. It was surprising to learn that nature will reclaim our most robust structures fairly quickly. But I do not know about everything being reclaimed, but after millions of years, it would not surprise me one bit to be honest.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

The vedic view is that there is an extended period of destruction on earth after the conclusion of one 'manvantar', Each 'manvantar' is 71 'mahayuga' (or 'chaturyugi'), (each 'mahayuga' is 4.32 million years). 'Manvantar' is 306.72 million years.

So a new human race starts on earth after this extensive period of destruction (between 'manvantar').

We are already into 7th 'manvantar' from start of 'human' life on earth.

I hope my explanation helps you in your understanding.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I don't think it's in lava, it appears to be frozen in carbonite. I saw this happen to a smuggler once when he had to drop his shipment shortly before being boarded by Imperial Storm Troopers. Plus if that was lava it would be glowing red hot.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by LUXUS

I'm pretty sure it is a Cr inoid fossil.

They all look totally mechanical and sci-fi. Honestly, I'd think I discovered Atlantis if I came across one. Pretty cool looking.

Thanks to you, now I know where to find spare gears if I ever lost one!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by the_philth

Have the academics debunked the spark plug in the geode yet?
Why don't you first tell us exactly why it is that you believe that's a geode?

Here's what a geode looks like:

Harte

Usual thing that happens is that a 1930's car race goes along a mountainside road. Car engine overheats, driver and engineer go out and open the car hood to repair the engine. They take apart the engine, toss away the spark plug in anger, and it goes flying down into a riverbed. Underwater, the oils on the sparkplug make the mud retain water until eventually when the riverbed dries out, you have a "fossiized sparkplug".

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Thank you for the response.I see by way of stars that a few others are interested as well.It will be a few days as I'd like to present something worth the time.Again thanks for taking the time in your thread to answer.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast
I'm just curious. After reading through this thread and looking at the pictures of crinoid fossils plus looking up more crinoid fossil images on Google images, I was struck with how much the following photo resembles some of them:

FYI, this is a bit of a trick question, but I would like to hear what people think.

Speaking for the scientists (paleontologists), nobody will make a guess without knowing the scale of the photo (and colors) and location. You can't tell what something is without knowing the context. Many museums do have "curios" around that have been donated ("My grandfather had this and says it's an ancient flint axe from Michigan") but don't have "provenance" (documents showing where it was found, when it was found, and who found it -- along with supporting evidence that the documents about finding the thing weren't forged.)

Cool shape, but you didn't give documentation. I assume that documentation would give the whole thing away?

BTW, Schur's Photography has some excellent pictures of fossils that some try to claim are machine parts. When you see these fossils "in situ" in the formation, along with the OTHER fossils from the same critters, it's obvious what they are. Taken out of context, they could be anything.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by ikonoklast

Speaking for the scientists (paleontologists), nobody will make a guess without knowing the scale of the photo (and colors) and location. You can't tell what something is without knowing the context. ...

Cool shape, but you didn't give documentation. I assume that documentation would give the whole thing away?

... When you see these fossils "in situ" in the formation, along with the OTHER fossils from the same critters, it's obvious what they are. Taken out of context, they could be anything.

Great response, Byrd. As I mentioned, it was a trick question. I was curious to what extent photos like this and others in this thread and such finds in general get identified based on people's expectations and beliefs of what is possible or impossible. I wondered if anyone would dismiss the photo above as a crinoid fossil without knowing anything really about it. Nobody has, but maybe that was because I said it was a trick question.

You're right, documentation would have given it away. The photo is from the Mars Global Surveyor Mars Orbiter Camera (MOC) Image Collection on the U.S. Geological Survey site. Here is a link to the uncropped photo on the USGS site:

MGS-MOC image: m1501228b

The camera specs say that black & white photo resolution is "typically 1.5 to 12 m per pixel." So if they didn't rescale the photo, that would mean this cool shape is 0.7 to 5.7 km long. Hopefully it's not a crinoid fossil, or they were freaking huge on Mars!

As with some of the photos and objects in this thread, opinions/beliefs on what it is run from natural formation to artificial construction. It would be nice if they sent a rover for a closer look and analysis.

Too bad the first photo in this thread apparently isn't 400 million year old gears.. that would be pretty cool.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I have a post titled Items Encased in Rock? I'm still a noob so its tiddlywinks,yet I think it is relevant.Try it if you like.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join