It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient machines in Russia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

What two of you ganging up on me, no fair bah, bah, Nah seriously I am certain I read they dated organic material in the concretion and it was the cause of the dating error (When it was supposedly dated independently they sent samples off to a laboratory).
No I am not going to bother searching for hours for the story, The nit picking has got to stop except when it is a tick if you catch my analogy (Just got an image of chimps eating fleas off one another).
God you must be bored come on you have been aware of this subject by your own admission longer than most here Harte so give us something that genuinely mystifies you as there must be something that does.
sorry to rib you there Harte and you are also 100% correct but like I said there was talk of dating at a laboratory of sample's that came back over 500,000 years, come to think of it though as you know carbon dating is not able to date more than a couple of thousand years with any accuracy and argon krypton is also not that accurate or that long range so maybe my memory is faulty (I am probably going to search for that page now).

We know it was a champion spark plug because the investigator's though they could not track the artefact down had the x ray's and were able to compare it to an identical spark plug from America made by champion in the 1920's, there is a story around that spark plug though and while it was found in an area of old mine working's it would be nice but unlikely to imagine it was from a bootleggers car or truck rather than the mine machinery.

Addendum to comment you need to read this.

www.ramtops.co.uk...

Yup faulty memory.

How about this enigmatic site for you Harte, no longer one of the oldest but still fascinating though I preferred looking at the Lascaux painting's that are much older and tell you how those people lived.
donsmaps.com...

edit on 17-5-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
the first pic looks like a bag of gears that has been in a coral reef.I've seen old silver coins stuck together like this.If you look close,the gears are all at different angles and don't engage anything,and no shafts holding it together

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I'm pretty sure it is a Cr inoid fossil.

They all look totally mechanical and sci-fi. Honestly, I'd think I discovered Atlantis if I came across one. Pretty cool looking.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by TheMagus

You do realize that people make stuff up don't you?

Then my friend show evidence that the report and the items are real.....

edit on 17/5/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

don't misunderstand, while i enjoy luxus' threads, i'm well aware that "people make stuff up"
[academics, among them], and am inclined towards diatoms/sealife myself, in this case.
the spirals and nano-bits may have a natural explanation as well [waiting ...]

just pointing out that someone of your credibility,and reputation for scholarship
should refrain from using such "debating tactics"
as they have no place in any serious search for truth
scientific or otherwise.

indeed, the only debates where such tactics/tricks have any place are political and religious ones [including scientism]
known purveyors of error and BS...

Pointing out that something is a fraud is not a 'debating trick'. But we are in agreement on their being natural and or of another 'nature'.
edit on 17/5/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Looks like a hoax. They are Crinoid fossils.

Ancient machine gears embedded in rock? Nope. Crinoid fossils.
(Update: hoax) March 10, 2012By idoubtit Brazil Weird News: Machine dated at 400 million years found in Russia. In the remote Kamchatka peninsula, 200 km from Tigil, University of St. Petersburg archaeologists discovered a strange fossil. The authenticity of the find has been certified. According archaeologist Yuri Golubev, occurs that, in this case the discovery surprised scientists by its nature, at least – unusual, able to change history (or pre-history).

It is not the first time that is an artifact, an ancient object, something like this is found in that region. But, surprisingly conserved, this specific artifact is – at first glance, inlaid in rock (which is understandable since the peninsula is home to numerous volcanoes). Subjected to analysis, the conjunct showed to be made of metal parts that seem to form a mechanism, a gear which may be of a type of watch or computer. The astonishing is that all the pieces were dated in 400 million!

Tip: Tim Farley This made me laugh out loud when I saw it. As a geologist, I IMMEDIATELY recognized these as pieces of crinoid stems, remarkably abundant fossils found in marine deposits all over the world. The stem is made from these stacked plates that disarticulate but preserve well. Who could make such a rookie mistake? Well, lots of things coming out of Russia these days are hyped for tourism and publicity. I’m not sure what the background is here but it is not the first time that fossils were misinterpreted as things they may resemble but certainly are not.

Its The second link when you look it up on google. " Russian fossil machine"
edit on 17-5-2013 by JimboSliceLV because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2013 by JimboSliceLV because: Added a word

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Really? Three pages over a fossil?

No wonder I'm like this......

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Mine's better!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

S&F I don't know if the first photo is of "fossilized crinoids," but I am very open to the fact that we humans know next to nothing of our real history.

Right now, I'm reading "The Hidden History of the Human Race: The Condensed Edition of Forbidden Archeology" by Cremo & Thompson. Some of the examples they cite are mindblowing in their antiquity, such as a metal sphere with three perfect machined grooves around its equator found embedded in a Precambrian mineral deposit dated at 2.8 BILLION years.

Of course, the Establishment shills will come out to p*$$ on these examples, but that's what they do -- defend the status quo to the death. God forbid they think outside the box -- they might lose tenure.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector
reply to post by LUXUS

S&F I don't know if the first photo is of "fossilized crinoids," but I am very open to the fact that we humans know next to nothing of our real history.

Right now, I'm reading "The Hidden History of the Human Race: The Condensed Edition of Forbidden Archeology" by Cremo & Thompson. Some of the examples they cite are mindblowing in their antiquity, such as a metal sphere with three perfect machined grooves around its equator found embedded in a Precambrian mineral deposit dated at 2.8 BILLION years.

Have you've every considered that Cremo might be wrong? This particular piece of information was shown to be wrong decades ago - so why haven't you done a simple one minute search to find this out? Are you afraid of losing your fringe membership card?

Of course, the Establishment shills will come out to p*$$ on these examples, but that's what they do -- defend the status quo to the death. God forbid they think outside the box -- they might lose tenure.

Why would they take this seriously when with a few minutes investigation you would know the truth and find that what Cremo had written was unfounded and if he had attempted to make even the rudimentary of research he would have known that?

Beggars the mind why he wrote stuff that anyone can look up and find is wrong - why do you think he did that?

So I must ask you - why do blindly believe what Cremo writes? Why do you absolutely refuse to do research for yourself?

Kerksdorp's spheres as simply explained as I can find:

Kerksdorp's spheres

Heinrich notes that one of Michael Cremo's sources regarding the allegedly anomalous spheres was the Weekly World News, a satirical tabloid, which he described as "...a [sic] unreliable source of data for discussing the origins of the South African spheres described as used by Forbidden Archeology". As noted by Cairncross, it appears that the source of the Weekly World News article is an earlier article by Barritt. This article appeared in a 1982 issue of Scope magazine about these objects. Scope was a South African tabloid-style magazine that, like the Weekly World News, cannot be regarded as being a credible source.

edit on 18/5/13 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

The first picture looks like a random stack of gears stuck in casting sand (with which I am very familiar). What makes you think that this is any sort of rock?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

You are posting on the wrong site. You will be beaten down in no time.

Vedic belief that humans have been there on this planet for 1.96 billion years is too much for the Christians.

Keep the truth in your heart. Believe in what is right. Remember truth ultimately wins.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

When I first looked at it, I thought 'that is a lot of gears'.

But so far I havn't been able to find a single report on this that says it is anything other than fossiles. No lab has ever said otherwise as far as I can tell. The only place that mentions this as anything but fossiles is a russian tabloid.

If you think I am wrong, feel free to try and find anybody who has examined this who says otherwise. I would love to check it out. But I am frankly getting tiered of people just reposting old material without doing any research on it at all.

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia

Vedic belief that humans have been there on this planet for 1.96 billion years is too much for the Christians. scientists.

I took the liberty of correcting that for you.

Seriously, all the scientific evidence points towards anatomically modern humans first appearing around 200,000 years ago. This date has nothing at all to do with Christianity.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LABTECH767
reply to post by Harte

What two of you ganging up on me, no fair bah, bah, Nah seriously I am certain I read they dated organic material in the concretion and it was the cause of the dating error (When it was supposedly dated independently they sent samples off to a laboratory).
No I am not going to bother searching for hours for the story, The nit picking has got to stop except when it is a tick if you catch my analogy (Just got an image of chimps eating fleas off one another).
God you must be bored come on you have been aware of this subject by your own admission longer than most here Harte so give us something that genuinely mystifies you as there must be something that does.
sorry to rib you there Harte and you are also 100% correct but like I said there was talk of dating at a laboratory of sample's that came back over 500,000 years, come to think of it though as you know carbon dating is not able to date more than a couple of thousand years with any accuracy and argon krypton is also not that accurate or that long range so maybe my memory is faulty (I am probably going to search for that page now).

The claim, and the source, is listed on Wiki:

Following its collection, Mikesell destroyed a diamond-edged blade cutting through the rock containing the artifact and discovered the item.[1]

“In the opinion of one trained geologist, it has taken at least 500,000 years for this nodule to attain its present form — and yet, when we cut it open, we discovered a manmade object within the geode's cavity.[2]”

The identity of the alleged trained geologist and his means of dating the nodule were never clarified, and his findings were never published in any known periodical.[1] Furthermore, at the time that Maxey reported the Coso Artifact as having been dated as being 500,000 years old, there was no known method, including the use of guide fossils, by which either the artifact or concretion could have been dated as being this old.[3] The nodule surrounding the spark plug may have accreted in a matter of years or decades, as demonstrated by examples of very similar iron or steel artifact-bearing nodules, which are discussed and illustrated by Cronyn.[4]

Please understand that, not only was I agreeing with what you stated about this "artifact," I was elaborating on the emptiness of the claim of its age.

Regarding your links, I've been directing people to Doug Weller's site (the ramtops link) for years, here and at other forums. Doug is a member here, and though he might not remember it, I've contacted him a handful of times over the years concerning this or that matter in pseudoarchaeology. But not, obviously, over anything so blatantly false as the Coso claim!

I'll check out your other link. I have to say that I'm not all that interested in the "recent" (LOL) past either, even to the extent of preferring Erectus to Sapiens, to tell the truth.

Harte

EDIT:
From your second link:

Whereas the surveyeying of the terrain, the establishment of the contours of the foundation and the disposition of the objects in the interior of the house represent a real architectural achievement, the structure of the floor which overlies the foundation and consolidates all the constructional elements at once shows a significant technological discovery already made at the beginning of Phase Ia.

The floors of the houses in the Lepenski Vir I settlement are of exceptional construction. Their basic mass is composed of the sandy, marly red limestone which is found above Lepenski Vir itself on the jagged slopes of the Koršo hills. Laboratory analysis of the floors shows that they possess the so-called residual magnetism which is a consequence of baking.

This in practice means that the preparation of the flooring for the houses followed a regular technological procedure; the local red limestone was baked, and then by adding water, sand and gravel a viscous mass was obtained with the qualities of lime mortar.

This mass was poured over the foundation of the house and all the constructional details - the stone blocks which form the hearth, the thresholds, the rounded boulder in the centre and the stone slabs which line the post holes for the supports of the upper construction - were all embedded in it.

It was then smoothed before it hardened, and in some houses the floor was subsequently decorated with a thin red or white polished composition. Only after a certain time, when all moisture had dried out, did the floor attain the necessary firmness which meant it could be trodden on and used for daily living. Today it seems petrified, like natural breccia.

This appears to be one of the world's first uses of lime mortar, in this case as a floor covering, not as mortar between bricks or stones.

This part was the most fascinating, though the report comes from the 1970's and (I assume) more is known about the site today. Have you looked into it?

Harte
edit on 5/18/2013 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me of the R2 unit Drunvalo Melchizedek uses to stop pollution.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

Yes the "scientists" that are responsible for countless problems on earth. The planet is tottering on the brink of catastrophe courtesy of these "scientists".

We do not know when this "scientific" madness will come to an end.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JimboSliceLV

That's what they more than look like,

I can say this story is already in the ATS hoax bin from March last year, but then the heading was 400 million year old machine, or similar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

While that thread is mostly about the Crinoid fossils, (sorry machine) all the other stuff was thought to be military industrial waste dumping.
edit on 18-5-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Didn't machines evolve into biological organisms, which developed intelligence, that then built machines, which evolved in to biological organisms, which developed intelligence, which built the machines...

?

What part of the fossil record are the scientists confused about?

This has been recorded in our ancient books..from the Hindu Vedas...to the Holy Bible..

The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.

-- Ecclesiastes 1:9 -11

Don't be surprised when they start to find automobile skeletons stuck in volcanic rock.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by LUXUS

Yep Luxus why don't you spend a few minutes and look of the vast amount of debunking on this?

Try debunking the second pic in my OP

The second picture is not from the linked article.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

No sorry but a I read about Lepenski viir a long time ago and thought it would be more intriguing to you, I mean ok not ancient advanced scientific society but possibly a religious site of some significance and possibly unrelated and prior to the culture that built stone circles thought not geographically related to them maybe a thousand years later as well as being more advanced in SOME respects it does seem to indicate the possibility of a step backward in the cultural evolution of at least European society's at or shortly after this time or the migration of new groups possible more aggressive into the territory of these people, Just out of curiosity did you ever hear about the statues that washed out after heavy rains in northern Italy that may be from a lost and unknown culture, a lot on this site is suspect and maybe I have entered the wrong search criteria but maybe you can shed some light on these.

s8int.com...

Like I say there is a lot on that website that is probably just more recycled fakery but they are interesting and just maybe the Etruscan empire that Rome was a member city of before coming into it's own was not the first classical civilisation in Italy or the oldest and if that is the case as we are also finding the Celt's and other European cultures before Rome were actually quite culturally advanced when not looking through the Roman description's of them, Just a thought do the statue's look a little Phoenician to you.
edit on 18-5-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join