It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what was this place like during the Bush/Cheney terror years?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I started here in the fall of 2009. The threads on this forum only go back to the late spring of 2008, but even then it seemed to be overrun with hysterical anti-Obama threads. It makes me wonder what kind of conspiracies were rampant during the Bush/Cheney torture/NSA wire-tapping/phantom WMD/unilateral invasion years.

• What did you folks scream about when we invaded Iraq?
  • What did you think about Abu Ghraib?
  • How about when the torture memos surfaced?
  • And the revelation of snatching people off the streets and the Eastern Europe black-sites where that torture was being officially conducted?
  • Did you guys scream about the 183 waterboardings of KSM to force him to finally confess to the 9/11 plot?
  • And what about the dozen or so fake terror scares during specific moments when the DNC was trying to get political traction during the 2004 presidential race?
  • How about that embarrassing Terry Schiavo "rescue" that forced an emergency convening of the entire Congress?
  • You guys must've went nuts over the Pat Tillman thing, the "Mission Accomplished" thing and that whole Jessica Lynch parade...right?

Hell, with all that insanity going on, I'd hate to think you political patriots didn't realize that you'd "lost your country" until that negro got elected president. Can anyone enlighten me as to whether this board was as on-fire with disgust and rage as the national-international boards I was working back then. Or has this place only gotten serious traction since the conservatives started seeing government conspiracies everywhere.

edit on 5/17/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Is that you Barry?
You know what your 2012 campaign slogan shouldve been? "Its Bush's fault"

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Can anyone enlighten me as to whether this board was as on-fire with disgust and rage as the national-international boards I was working back then. Or has this place only gotten serious traction since the conservatives started seeing government conspiracies everywhere.

To be perfectly honest, it's hard for me to be objective, but I do remember the anti-Bush threads (and started many of them). Most of what I remember revolved around his "Fascist" leanings and suspicions that he was going to be president forever, that he single-handedly orchestrated 9/11, that he was the second coming of Hitler, that he was going insane, that he was the antichrist and, of course, that Cheney shot that guy in the face on purpose.

Once Obama became president and the shoe was on the other foot, so to speak, and I saw the INSANE suspicions against Obama, I realized how silly I'd been during the Bush years, and I wrote this thread.

I Know How You Feel

Was it AS crazy as it is now? I don't think so. I honestly think the "right" is more rabid than we were. That could be a matter of the world just getting crazier as we go along, or it could be that the "left" is more naive... or maybe it's because many on the right believe that Obama is just a continuation of Bush... or a combination of all three.

Great question! It's fun to reminisce.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Berzerked

Is that you Barry?
You know what your 2012 campaign slogan shouldve been? "Its Bush's fault"

HA HA HA HA aint it the truth ,sadly the scary years are infront of us , funny they have a lesbian running the irs & they are suprised when rightwing people are targeted
the hetero middleclass family is the enemy to many groups sad cause that is the very group that made this country strong

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
For some reason I cant link it but go to

Wayback Machine

Put this site, and when the page loads up, use the timeline up top and go to 2004, the year is just an example, I know theres good threads there from that year and traffic on ats jumped at that time. Politics and scandels, nwo, Good stuff!

Trust me you will have a good time going through all that throughout the years, I still do

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
I started here in the fall of 2009. The threads on this forum only go back to the late spring of 2008, but even then it seemed to be overrun with hysterical anti-Obama threads. It makes me wonder what kind of conspiracies were rampant during the Bush/Cheney torture/NSA wire-tapping/phantom WMD/unilateral invasion years.

• What did you folks scream about when we invaded Iraq?
  • What did you think about Abu Ghraib?
  • How about when the torture memos surfaced?
  • And the revelation of snatching people off the streets and the Eastern Europe black-sites where that torture was being officially conducted?
  • Did you guys scream about the 183 waterboardings of KSM to force him to finally confess to the 9/11 plot?
  • And what about the dozen or so fake terror scares during specific moments when the DNC was trying to get political traction during the 2004 presidential race?
  • How about that embarrassing Terry Schiavo "rescue" that forced an emergency convening of the entire Congress?
  • You guys must've went nuts over the Pat Tillman thing, the "Mission Accomplished" thing and that whole Jessica Lynch parade...right?

Hell, with all that insanity going on, I'd hate to think you political patriots didn't realize that you'd "lost your country" until that negro got elected president. Can anyone enlighten me as to whether this board was as on-fire with disgust and rage as the national-international boards I was working back then. Or has this place only gotten serious traction since the conservatives started seeing government conspiracies everywhere.

edit on 5/17/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

There were many of us who were indeed going nuts during the Bush years with many of the things you hear today on this site now.

Oddly, many of the counter arguments were the same as well.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Berzerked

I disagree, the 2012 slogan should have been "It's Bush's fault AND you're racist"

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
sometimes i go back n read the posts that were here during those days

web.archive.org...

enter abovetopsecret.com on there and click take me back

read away

edit on 17-5-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

oops

edit on 17-5-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
For some reason I cant link it but go to

Wayback Machine

Put this site, and when the page loads up, use the timeline up top and go to 2004, the year is just an example, I know theres good threads there from that year and traffic on ats jumped at that time. Politics and scandels, nwo, Good stuff!

Trust me you will have a good time going through all that throughout the years, I still do

I used the way back machine as well.

I couldn't find a "politics" board until sometime in 2008, but the site looks so different I may not be looking in the same spot.

If I go back to like 2005...there are very few boards and I don't see any besides the 9/11 forum that would fit to put in a anti-Bush thread.

So I think that may be the reason...now there is a directed place for people to create anti-Obama threads. If we still only had the 2005 boards, there would be no place to put those threads.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I wasn't a member then but remember my father reading the anti-bush threads.

The biggest conspiracy issue with Bush was that he and Cheney were the front pieces for the NWO and they were going to issue it in.

So many threads with "proof" that they were doing this yet it never happened...they just quietly faded away. Its the main reason I really don't buy into any of that today.

Now they have replaced Bush with Obama but the threads are exactly the same, only the names have changed. Once Obama is gone the new guy will be the center piece of conspiracies.

Many people build a conspiracy in their mind then fit the players into it rather than gathering evidence first. Really annoying when I read stuff like that.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's not much different now than it was from back then. A lot of the same stuff, just change the name from Bush to Obama.

There did seem to be "Martial Law is just around corner", "Bush will cancel elections" and "US invasion of Iran imminent!" threads popping up about every other day back then though. That got kinda old.

To me the quality of threads has dropped off quite a bit. Back then threads seemed more well researched than now. Now it seems people don't fully read their own source before going off on some tangent. They just cherry pick bits and pieces to suit their view.

This site is still highly entertaining though.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I don't remember if I was posting here at that time or not, but I got kicked off a couple boards for spouting off against bush and the administration. The anti bush crowd shortly after 9/11 was an endangered and preyed upon minority because if you weren't with him, you were against him. The disgust and horror I felt at the patriot act, and the other crap he did makes me sick to remember. Obama is just bush the III in all reality.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

So, what was this place like during the Bush/Cheney terror years

Bunches of anti-Bush and anti-Cheney threads.
Many with merit. Some without.
Lots of paranoia ... Bush is going to become dictator and take away the Constitution.
(Pre-ATS I heard the same stuff about Clinton as well.)
Lots of folks saying that this was a left wing site.

Now it's the same stuff but with Obama ....
Bunches of anti-Obama and anti-Holder threads.
Many with merit. Some without.
Lots of ... Obama is going to become dictator and take away the Constitution.
Lots of folks saying that this is a right wing site.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

'was' ?

Can't discuss anything on ATS about the current administration without them being brought up in EVERY thread.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
the liberals attacked bush/cheney, the conservatives defended them. of course you also had the beat of the of the patriot drum going. and the monster that is dhs came into being.

now today you have the conservatives attacking obama, and the liberals defended him. and still there is the patriot drum beat going and the monster that is dhs that was started back then continues to grow.
edit on 17-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Dude! This thread IS about the Bush Cheney years.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by neo96

Dude! This thread IS about the Bush Cheney years.

So?

The entire PM forum is about the Bush Cheney years 5 years later.
edit on 17-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
You can't really discuss the beginning of the Bush years without starting around when Bush One became Regan's "de-facto" VP, but in fact pretty much took over after the assassination attempt that one of his friend's son's was implicated in.

Bush attempted coup d'etat on Regan

Some would argue the Bush years began with George H.W.'s involvement in the Kennedy Assassination.

Bush coordianted Kennedy Assassination?

edit on 17-5-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Many of the names have been changed, but the verbiage remains the same...

"Evil personified"... Or, "Sainthood isn't good enough"...

...and just about everything inbetween...

Never a dull moment.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

'was' ?

Can't discuss anything on ATS about the current administration without them being brought up in EVERY thread.

Just like the conservatives brought up Clinton at every turn during Bush's admin. No different than today. Also no different, the conservatives blamed the Dem congress when Bush was in power and don't claim any responsibility for the Rep congress that's in now. Partisan crap as usual.
edit on 17-5-2013 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join