It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Explosion on the Moon!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Originally posted by jra
Also, ISON is only just now starting to enter the asteroid belt. I don't see how it could have flung another rock to Earth so incredibly fast. It simply does not add up or make sense in my opinion.

Listen to me my friend, ISON passed Jupiter and was heading towards the Asteroid Belt back in April, so you have absolutely no idea whatsoever about what you're commenting on. Try doing some research next time instead of pretending to know what the hell you are talking about.

I guess the 3 who starred your post also do not research anything either, Cause from what I can see, a lot of you don't educate yourself on the subjects that you comment on.

Anyway, Hopefully that makes enough sense? If not, maybe this will . ~$heopleNation

Comet ISON passes Jupiter And About To Enter The Asteroid Belt April, 2013
edit on 21-5-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

Majority mass of the asteroid belt lies within the plane of the solar system.

Comet ISON's path takes it roughly above and below the asteroid belt. So that while it's position right now is close to the asteroid belt, it's not actually IN the asteroid belt.

The article you linked to says that current estimates on ISON's size is about 4 miles wide. That's a very small mass, with a extremely weak gravitational influence on other bodies. So it's highly doubtful that ISON could cause any asteroids to be flung our way.

Even if somehow it did, or had collided with one, Jra has a very valid point: the object(s) that it would fling or collide with could not impart with a velocity so great that they (the objects) arrive here in Earth's orbit literally months in advance. It would be days only at most.

So it's highly doubtful that ISON has anything to do with any of the recent fireballs/meteors of recent date.

However, once ISON does pass us, it's quite possible that it will help introduce a new period of meteor showers from it's trailing tail, considering the amount of material it's shedding right now.
edit on 21-5-2013 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

jra

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
Try doing some research next time instead of pretending to know what the hell you are talking about.

I did do my research, thank you.

Your link states that Comet ISON is about to enter the asteroid belt. It should reach the denser area of the belt around June from what I've read. And like I said, there is no way ISON has the mass to disturb anything in the asteroid belt and even if it did, any rock that it might fling our way would not reach us so quickly.

cometison.wordpress.com...

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 22-5-2013 by jra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

We will have to wait and see what happens.
~$heopleNation

edit on 23-5-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jra

You posted links to the same orbital diagram that I did a page ago. You have failed in your attempt to prove that ISON is not currently roaming through the Asteroid Belt. No big deal though, it happens to us all my friend .~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join