It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Explosion on the Moon!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
Source?

For what?

Keep in mind that on average, about 40 tons of cosmic debris strike the Earth every day. The moon is smaller, so it won't be 40 tons a day, but there will still be tons of material striking every day. Only the larger impacts result in the flashes NASA observes.

Yeah of course, it's pure speculation to guess how many objects a day hit the lunar surface. I am sure NASA has a pretty good idea of the average though. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Let's hope this one landed on the dark side of the moon . So that we can explore that side where the threats came from...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
so r you saying its impossible for anything to hit that part of the moon?

Impossible? No, just less likely.

As the Moon always has the same side turned to the Earth, it's almost as if that side has an umbrella over it, but at some distance.

That way, the meteors that come from the side of the Earth will be blocked (or attracted) by the Earth, but those that come at an angle can pass between the Earth and the Moon and hit the Moon

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Exactly, agreed. I am sure a few could sneak in from the top or under the Moon or even diagonally though, but the Earth's gravitational pull would still probably capture it.

This is why I come to ATS, I love this stuff. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
So now there is a unconfirmed report of a large meteorite striking in Mexico....

Maybe we are entering a debris field ahead of the large meteor passing by the 31st?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Yeah, That's Comet Ison. I believe that it, as well as it's tail, have been knocking cosmic projectiles towards planet Earth's direction, as well as the Moon. I mean, did Ison pass the asteroid belt yet or not? If it has, it surely has knocked more than a few things in our direction.

Take a look at the game of Billiards (Pool). It was a game created and invented by the Illuminati, which is based on the unpredictable Nature of The Universe.

I'll say it again, Read between the lies my friends, read between the lies. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

ISON is almost halfway between the orbits of Jupiter and Mars.

However, it's orbit is highly inclined at around 80 degrees from the solar plane, so it's not really plowing through the asteroid belt.

Here's a interesting video showing the animation of it's orbit:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

cool, u learn somthing new everyday, so if there is a moon base that would be the spot to put it?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Have you got any astronomical data supporting your claim that comets knock things off into our direction? It's not enough to hear the news about a meteor and conclude that it was flung here by ISON or any other comet. Show me the physics and the observational evidence.
edit on 19-5-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
It was really the bombing of the secret Nazi base on the moon

i noticed the "yes we can" sign, very close to obamas slogan id say. creepy.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
cool, u learn somthing new everyday, so if there is a moon base that would be the spot to put it?

I think so.

In the same way, the worst place for a base would be on the far side, as there isn't anything to protect that side from meteor impacts, and the Earth's gravity may even pull more meteors in the direction of the Moon.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Double post.

edit on 19/5/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Huge Meteorite Hits Moon
www.alalam.ir...

A Nasa telescope captures the moment a 40kg (88lb) rock crashes into the moon's surface on Friday. The impact caused a flash 10 times brighter than any other Nasa has seen since it began monitoring the lunar surface eight years ago. Nasa's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter satellite is now hunting for the newly-formed crater, which scientists believe could be up to 20m (66ft) in width

Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 04:26

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

"Look dad, no arc!"

Two stories? One for each type of drive?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Have you got any astronomical data supporting your claim that comets knock things off into our direction?

Why don't you try reading the thread and then maybe you would comprehend the fact that I said I was speculating about 3 posts back or so. Do you understand what speculation is? That's what a lot of us here do because we like to discuss things like this. Don't like it, too bad.

It's not enough to hear the news about a meteor and conclude that it was flung here by ISON or any other comet.

Bummer if it's not enough for you, but you don't decide what is enough anyway because I will for myself. You having a bad day, Is it cloudy over there in England? LOL!

Show me the physics and the observational evidence.

Show yourself it. While your at it, get over yourself buddy.
~$heopleNation
edit on 19-5-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I'm cool, just replying to your remark

I am sure Comet Ison is knocking things around so this is not a suprise.

Why are you sure that ISON is knocking things around, and why would the impact on the Moon, or any other meteor in the vicinity of Earth be connected to that?

You make the statement, you show why. I have been interested in astronomy for many years, but never heard of comets "knocking things around". Would be nice to see an example of that, with solid astronomical data.

If it's just a speculation, then go ahead, no worries. I can likewise speculate that a tsunami occurs when a blue whale farts.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I'm cool, just replying to your remark

I am cool as well, just explaining my position.

Why are you sure that ISON is knocking things around, and why would the impact on the Moon, or any other meteor in the vicinity of Earth be connected to that?

Well yeah, I can't be sure of anything, but like I said I can speculate because of where Comet ISON currently is right now. Can you prove that what I am guessing at is not possible, how about that?

You make the statement, you show why. I have been interested in astronomy for many years, but never heard of comets "knocking things around". Would be nice to see an example of that, with solid astronomical data.

Well you see my Fish & Chips eating mate, There is this place located between Jupiter and Mars called the Asteroid Belt, and Comet C/2012 S1 ISON is currently in between Jupiter and Mars, You following me here? So.......that leads me to speculate that ISON possibly, and let me repeat possibly, may have interacted with some of the matter that exists within the Asteroid Belt, undersand? Take note.........

Comet C/2012 S1 ISON Orbital Diagram

If it's just a speculation, then go ahead, no worries.

What would I be worried about either way?

I can likewise speculate that a tsunami occurs when a blue whale farts.

Which would make you a fool.

Listen my friend, I am not here to educate you, to prove anything to you, or to play some game with you. I like to discuss these things, to hear other's discuss these things, to give my opinions and to hear other's opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't pretend to be some expert, but I know enough.

If you want someone to walk you through their own opinions or knowledge, to explain everything to you, then you might want to private message Phage who I am sure would be more than happy to amuse you.

Other than that, I am always up to discuss anything as long as it doesn't come across as condescending drivel or childish remarks like you just made in your last sentence. Hope that helps.

Oh I almost forgot. I prefer Shrimp & Chips myself. Hold the vinegar, but loads of Tarter and Cocktail sauce with a side of Coleslaw. Best wishes bro. ~$heopleNation
edit on 20-5-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

jra

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
Well yeah, I can't be sure of anything, but like I said I can speculate because of where Comet ISON currently is right now. Can you prove that what I am guessing at is not possible, how about that?

In order for an object to disturb other objects in the asteroid belt. It would need to have a very large mass. From what I know, ISON does not have a large mass.

Also, ISON is only just now starting to enter the asteroid belt. I don't see how it could have flung another rock to Earth so incredibly fast. It simply does not add up or make sense in my opinion.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo

It was really the bombing of the secret Nazi base on the moon

i noticed the "yes we can" sign, very close to obamas slogan id say. creepy.

Not really. It's satire. Have you watched the movie? I own it, it's pretty good. It's a B movie with decent cgi, and the story isn't half bad.

Anyway, America is highly satirized in the movie, that female president is from texas and all about blowin stuff up. It's funny, but it's not remotely a secret message or creepy. I think it's on netflix now, though I bought it on Vudu. You should check it out.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
Also, ISON is only just now starting to enter the asteroid belt. I don't see how it could have flung another rock to Earth so incredibly fast. It simply does not add up or make sense in my opinion.

Listen to me my friend, ISON passed Jupiter and was heading towards the Asteroid Belt back in April, so you have absolutely no idea whatsoever about what you're commenting on. Try doing some research next time instead of pretending to know what the hell you are talking about.

I guess the 3 who starred your post also do not research anything either, Cause from what I can see, a lot of you don't educate yourself on the subjects that you comment on.

Anyway, Hopefully that makes enough sense? If not, maybe this will . ~$heopleNation

Comet ISON passes Jupiter And About To Enter The Asteroid Belt April, 2013
edit on 21-5-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join