It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright Explosion on the Moon!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
the moon has no atmosphere to stop anything that would burn up coming into earth.I recall that the russian meteor was part of,maybe a bit before or after,the persied shower.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
since there is no oxygen on the moon or in space where would the explosion come from?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by wildespace
reply to post by Trueman

Yes, let's dismiss the whole space and science program because you think this particular piece of news is boring.

Brilliant idea. We can survive without high tech stuff like Tang and Velcro...

...and the microprocessor and DRAM memory that are in the computer I'm using...

Oh, wait.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
since there is no oxygen on the moon or in space where would the explosion come from?

1/2MV^2.

It doesn't say oxygen in there anywhere.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I am sure Comet Ison is knocking things around so this is not a suprise. Look at The moon, we don't need NASA to explain to us that meteorites strike it frequently, it's covered in craters. So that is a no brainer.

The real question is why does NASA wait until 2 months later to let us all know about it? Seems to me that this was right around the time when that Russian meteorite struck. Course, no amature Astronomers witnessed this thing hitting the moon, atleast none that I follow.

Maybe I missed something and this occured on the Dark side of the moon. Either way, why not just report what happened within a few days? We are all inhabitants of planet Earth, and we have a right to know if a shower is developing, and that should be way before 2 months later. It's unbelievable really.

If something is ever coming and they see it coming, they will not warn us. That right there should tell you enough. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yes, why are we just hearing about this two months later? Does it take NASA that long to scrub the data and make it look like 'just' a meteor?

Maybe I'm on this site too much...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Wow. Imagine the moon (littered with impact craters) being hit by a meteorite.

Wow !! Now lets see the conspiracy weirdos talk about UFO's crashing etc.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

reply to post by Trueman

Yes, let's dismiss the whole space and science program because you think this particular piece of news is boring.

Oh, wait.

They told you they invented it, and you believe it. Ever wonder where did they got the idea from ?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

reply to post by Trueman

Oh, wait.

They told you they invented it, and you believe it. Ever wonder where did they got the idea from ?

(very big grin)

Depending on the TLA I got the story from, one of the stories is likely true.

However, there are very very strong historical trails both ways, depending on whose history you are presented with.

None of them involve aliens, exactly. Both major stories are interesting. Both are technically consistent.

/catch!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

It's Alien technology that has been gradually handed down to the sheople by the generosity of the deciders as they see fit. Nothing more, nothing less really. Enjoy your IPhones ect.
~$heopleNation

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Yeah, because humans are so dumb they couldn't possibly think of "0 or 1" or "on or off" all by themselves!!!

Do you stop and listen to what you are saying occasionally?

Very nice collection of observations. Glad I wasn't on a Moon colony in a McMoon Hut!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
That's quite a problem to have to overcome, isn't it? I can only think underground is shelter enough?
Probably one of the better ideas I've seen for a lunar habitation is to construct it inside an old lava tube. They are naturally hollow features which can probably survive some fairly decent impacts without collapsing if the site is chosen well. (Some are millions or billions of years old and if they haven't collapsed by now....there is probably a reason).

Does man make any material that would take a full energy strike from even a small meteor fragment?
There is a continuum of particles striking the moon from dust which man-made structures can survive to larger particles. Even the dust would be abrasive and would eventually be like sand-blasting to glass surfaces, I would guess. But in general engineers can calculate what material/thickness can survive what kind of impact. I wouldn't feel very safe in a surface habitation, but the lava tube habitation might be pretty safe. That also addresses the radiation problem in addition to the impact problem.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I still think that we can use Graphene for the smaller meteorites and hope for the best. At the end of the day,The chances of something large hitting one of our man made environments would be like getting struck by lighting here on Earth. As far as framing,Titanium is also an option for other areas cause it will cost less because of it's weight to bring it to wherever we might need it for various purposes. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I still think that we can use Graphene for the smaller meteorites and hope for the best. At the end of the day,The chances of something large hitting one of our man made environments would be like getting struck by lighting here on Earth.
Source?

Keep in mind that on average, about 40 tons of cosmic debris strike the Earth every day. The moon is smaller, so it won't be 40 tons a day, but there will still be tons of material striking every day. Only the larger impacts result in the flashes NASA observes.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
This is awesome

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation
reply to post by Trueman

It's Alien technology that has been gradually handed down to the sheople by the generosity of the deciders as they see fit. Nothing more, nothing less really. Enjoy your IPhones ect.
~$heopleNation

Somebody had the balls to say it.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I guess you are talking about the "Pirates o Silicon Valley".

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

for a decade i would tell others about the bright flash i seen on the moon back around the 1960-1964 era...mostly i would get silence like i was talking BS that meteorites were still hitting the moon and i seen one.

it seems that the recent 88 lb chunk of space rock created a blast of about 5 tonnes of TNT
and as far as records go, the moon monitoring has recorded many hits over the recent past

well, at least to my self satisfaction... i feel vindicated... i was not seeing things or imagening stuff from reading Sci-Fi books, magazines, movies

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
did anyone notice when they were showing all the impacts within the past year or so, there was about a third of the moon that had been un touched, if these thing hit randomly the odds of leaving such a large space untouched is interesting to say the least,

I think those strikes are the ones detected since the program began, in 2005.

who or what is protecting that part of the moon and why?

The Earth. Because we're in the way.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

so r you saying its impossible for anything to hit that part of the moon? im asking because i Dont know much about space, ive never been there so i dont read up on the subject much.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join