It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cress Experiment attracts international attention (Effect of Wireless signals)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

You should also try a slight variation on this experiment yourself at home.

Same trays, same seeds.
Water tray 1 with normal rainwater, or tap water.
Water tray 2 with the same water but boil it in a microwave oven first and allow to cool.

I did this experiment years ago. You will be amazed at the results.
The seeds watered with the microwaved water will display a marked stunted growth compared to the 'normal' nu-microwaved water.

Don't you just love technology.

edit on 17-5-2013 by creatives because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
How did they control the temps of both rooms? One room without the router would be cooler while the one with the "2" routers would produce more heat.

Were the plates as far away from the walls of the first room? Were the plates closer to the wall in the 2nd room that housed the routers?

This study is flawed in so many areas. It is said that the plates and napkins got the same amount of water, but it does not state how far the plates were from the routers.

The seeds on the 2nd plate look rotted as if it got too much heat.

BTW, The signal to a wifi can go threw walls... So, How were the first plates uneffected? The 2nd room had direct beams?

I will answer my own question by doing this tho I tend to get better results when I place my seeds in a ziplock bag with a paper towel and lay it on top of my DVR!
edit on 17-5-2013 by TruthSeekersRUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Just a quick question: Could all of these bands of radiation be the real reason for "global warming" or "climate change"? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure co2 is playing it's part, but I can't help but wonder...radiation = heat...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LobeDethFaurt
Just a quick question: Could all of these bands of radiation be the real reason for "global warming" or "climate change"? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure co2 is playing it's part, but I can't help but wonder...radiation = heat...

Did you not learn in school that White repels Sun light and Black absorbs it, then radiates it outwards? Why can't all of the black road tops and black shingled houses be the cause of global warming? Ever step barefoot on a blacktop at 12AM when it's finally a cool 78 out yet your blacktop drive way feels well above 110? Yeah... Your off topic anyway.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It sounds like the professor was impressed enough to do some official experiments. Good for the students to get involved and be excited about their science project.

The renowned professor at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Olle Johansson, is one of the impressed researchers. He will now repeat the experiment with a Belgian research colleague, Professor Marie-Claire Cammaert at the Université libre de Bruxelles, for the trial, according to him, absolutely brilliant

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I had a wi-fi enabled router in the room downstairs directly below my room, it was a belkin play max which is an N both 2.4 and 5ghz.
I found around a week after installation headaches were appearing and would not go even with treatment from painkillers and sleep.
Then maybe a month after the headaches started i woke up one morning with a very disturbed heart rhythm, there was no stable rhythm to it and it was very worrying, it got better after around ten minutes of being awake.
I had wondered if the wi-fi was causing the headaches and after this happened decided to switch it off and cat5e wire the whole house.
The headaches went with the wi-fi, i have not had another episode of heart rhythm disturbance.

I think that when you are lying horizontally in the field especially if your head is towards the source, the waves travel the whole length of your body giving more mass exposure and a higher toxicity.
If you have to use wi-fi, limit your exposure, dont lie down horizontally aligned to the field completely and find a router that will let you use dd-wrt because you can adjust the wi-fi field strength from as little as 7mw to 250mw.

As an experiment I found that the lowest setting of 7mw was enough to maintain a stable connection to a tethered telephone being used anywhere else in the house.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I have my doubts about the validity of the experiment.

Our natural "environment" is full of RF and EMF generated by natural causes - stars, planetary magnetics, even the Earth itself creates a flood of these emissions that constantly surround us.

Having been born on the planet and being a species that has evolved here we should be perfectly safe.

Its the concentration of those energies and prolonged, very close exposure that may (and I say may because so far there doesn't seem to be conclusive proof) prove harmful.

The answer is simple, don't sleep with your phone less than 1 foot away from your head if you're concerned about it.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Not that I am trying to go against such findings as they are pretty compelling, I'm thinking I might repeat this experiment at home and see for myself. I'm thinking it'll turn out the same, I've also read quite a bit about the subject but ultimately don't want it to be true.

The experiment although I'm sure is perfectly legit does remind me of those experiments where people projected nice thoughts onto plants or water and they turned out more beautiful. Maybe those kids just zapped those poor plants by their own signals, expecting the ones near the routers to wither while the other plants would grow.

But I'm sure it's non related. I'll be sure to keep my tablet and phone out of the bedroom, might give the body the needed time to heal from any exposure. It would suck if all if this turns out true and wifi/cellular phones have to go. All those people addicted to being able to vent anything anywhere on the internet with twitter or whatsapp having to wait until they are at a hardline to tell everyone. Or would they just plug in someplace while on the go and upload their past 15 minutes offline lol.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Here we go again with people confusing non-ionizing radiation with ionizing and not taking the time to understand field strength of electromagnetic field emissions and how they rapidly drop off at a distance proportional to the inverse square law.

The only thing I see this experiment proving is that people will fall for a "study" that has no real scientific basis and no real controls. No offense meant.

Will microwave radiation heat up water molecules by making them vibrate at high frequency causing friction and thus a rise in temperature? Yes.

Does WIFI run at microwave frequencies? Yes. 2.40GHz to be exact. Your microwave oven runs at 2.45GHz.

Does WIFI compare to Cell Phones? Yes but only in that they both operate at radio frequencies, No in that they are similar in frequency. Regular cell phone communications through a tower are at 800MHz, not exactly microwaves and too low of a frequency to cause much more than surface heat on the skin, definitely not high enough in frequency to cause heat penetration much past the outer surface of the skin.

Are the power levels used by WIFI and Cellular Phones safe? Yes.

Why? Because the field strength of these emissions are so low that even if you put your hand on the antenna it's not going to heat up your hand any noticeable amount. Go ahead.. try it.
The FCC sets standards as to maximum allowable radiated power of any radio frequency generator device for safety and believe me the amounts generated by WIFI are so low it wouldn't even make a fly sitting on the antenna uncomfortable.
Also remind you that there are many natural sources of radio emissions (radiation) happening constantly around us from the sun, the earth itself, even lightning, and these are all much more powerful than any man made device and have been around long before the invention of man made radio.

But but... RADIATION!?!? It's called Non-Ionizing radiation for a reason. You should probably look up what this means if you don't know. It's Ionizing radiation that can potentially mutate cells like radioactive isotopes for example. The ONLY effect non-ionizing radiation will have is the potential of indirect heating of objects filled with radio resonating/reflective materials including liquids and metals. Not any different than how something colored black absorbs light and heats up, light also being part of the EMF spectrum with radio.

There is absolutely no proof that microwave emissions damage DNA unless the power levels are strong enough and the DNA carrying organism is close enough to the source to literally get cooked. However keep in mind a near by fire, or any other heat generating device can do this to something living if it gets hot enough.

There is far more ionizing radiation around us that actually does cause cancer, tumors, and genetic mutations to worry about than there ever could be non-ionizing (EMF, radio) radiation.

Got to love science!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklife
Here we go again with people confusing non-ionizing radiation with ionizing and not taking the time to understand field strength of electromagnetic field emissions and how they rapidly drop off at a distance proportional to the inverse square law.

The only thing I see this experiment proving is that people will fall for a "study" that has no real scientific basis and no real controls. No offense meant.

Will microwave radiation heat up water molecules by making them vibrate at high frequency causing friction and thus a rise in temperature? Yes.

Does WIFI run at microwave frequencies? Yes. 2.40GHz to be exact. Your microwave oven runs at 2.45GHz.

Does WIFI compare to Cell Phones? Yes but only in that they both operate at radio frequencies, No in that they are similar in frequency. Regular cell phone communications through a tower are at 800MHz, not exactly microwaves and too low of a frequency to cause much more than surface heat on the skin, definitely not high enough in frequency to cause heat penetration much past the outer surface of the skin.

Are the power levels used by WIFI and Cellular Phones safe? Yes.

Why? Because the field strength of these emissions are so low that even if you put your hand on the antenna it's not going to heat up your hand any noticeable amount. Go ahead.. try it.
The FCC sets standards as to maximum allowable radiated power of any radio frequency generator device for safety and believe me the amounts generated by WIFI are so low it wouldn't even make a fly sitting on the antenna uncomfortable.
Also remind you that there are many natural sources of radio emissions (radiation) happening constantly around us from the sun, the earth itself, even lightning, and these are all much more powerful than any man made device and have been around long before the invention of man made radio.

But but... RADIATION!?!? It's called Non-Ionizing radiation for a reason. You should probably look up what this means if you don't know. It's Ionizing radiation that can potentially mutate cells like radioactive isotopes for example. The ONLY effect non-ionizing radiation will have is the potential of indirect heating of objects filled with radio resonating/reflective materials including liquids and metals. Not any different than how something colored black absorbs light and heats up, light also being part of the EMF spectrum with radio.

There is absolutely no proof that microwave emissions damage DNA unless the power levels are strong enough and the DNA carrying organism is close enough to the source to literally get cooked. However keep in mind a near by fire, or any other heat generating device can do this to something living if it gets hot enough.

There is far more ionizing radiation around us that actually does cause cancer, tumors, and genetic mutations to worry about than there ever could be non-ionizing (EMF, radio) radiation.

Got to love science!

Just because it is non ionising does not mean it is not causing damage.
There are a number of mechanisms by which non ionising radiation can affect and damage cells.
The microwave exposure levels are an ongoing massive experiment, some people are bound to be more susceptible due to their own electrical sensitivities, believe me i have felt my heart rhythm be considerably affected by a mobile phone receiving a text message.

Dr. Barrie trower gave a talk at the welsh assembly in 2006 warning of the health effects of non ionising radiation.
Here is a list of his credentials

pdf of barrie trower welsh assebly speech and credentials

Biologic-effects-EMFs-2012

DRs magda Havas and Barie trower PhD give talk about dangers of microwave radiation.

"Got to love science!", well actually i do love science, i am just a little more careful about accepting everything i am fed as factual, especially if there is a multi-trillion dollar world industry behind the scientific dogma pulling the strings.

edit on 19-5-2013 by The X because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join