It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cress Experiment attracts international attention (Effect of Wireless signals)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Good morning ATS

I found this article on Danish Radio (The danish equivalent to BBC).

Experiments with cress in 9th Class attracts international attention

Here is the basis for the experiment :

Take 400 Karsefrø and group them into 12 bins. Then place the six trays in two rooms at the same temperature. Give treys same amount of water and sun over 12 days, and remember to expose half of them to mobile radiation.

Now the reasoning for the students choosing these paramenters are explained as the following:

- We all felt that we had been experiencing difficulty concentrating in school, if we had slept with the phone next to your head, and sometimes also experienced having difficulty sleeping, explains Lea Nielsen, who is one of the five aspiring researchers.

Here is how the experiment was set up:

Six trays of seeds were put into a room without radiation, and six trays were put into another room next to two routers. Such a broadcast has about the same type of radiation as an ordinary mobile.

But enough dry text and back ground,
After 12 days with half the treys in close proximity to 2 WiFi routers here are the results :

Healthy plant (No wireless signals)

Unhealthy plant ( With close proximity to 2 Wifi Routers)

Now these result are very interesting, and i can undoubtely confirm what was being said about Mobile signals interupting sleep, here is one of my posts from the thread What Might Be Disturbing Your Sleep Could Be Right in Front of Your Face

i to have not dreamed in a long time, Back ground, i usually sleep with my phone (3g enabled WiFi and Bluetooth off) next to me in m bed, as i dont have a bedside table or alarm, so my phone is next to my head basically as i sleep. I knew this could be bad, so I tried as well about 4 weeks ago, turning off my phone during sleep, and vola, i had a super intense dream that i could clearly remember. I have only repeated this once and in flight mode instead (which had similar effect) so i cannot say if its coincidence or not yet.

And the OP in that thread was having similar experiences, but with his laptop.

I have a strong feeling that just like smoking and drinking, then this one is the next big health scandal to hit us. We do not yet know the long term effect of flooding the airways with wireless signals might have on developing bodies/brains, we do not know if it has any effect on animals who are also being flooded with these signals, we have no idea if it may be disrupting the ecosystem in some greater unsought of way. I'm not trying to promote fear, just saying, this is a very unexplored area of concern and requires some awareness.

Anyway, i hope you all stay safe, and keep an eye out for this issue, turning the Phone off at night as certainly helped me sleep alot better.

Namaste

Source: DR.DK

edit on 17/5/13 by WiseThinker because: Added missing picture

edit on 17/5/13 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Thanks - so obvious and so simple
Awesome - love to see these experiments which seem so self-evident after the fact.
If plant sprouts dont sprout ~ imagine human cells dont cell

LOVE

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by awake1234

Exactly !!!

I have thought about purchasing those smart plugs for the TV and Computer for quite some time ( The ones where it turns of all the extenders attached to it if the main appliance is turned off), this article just confirms that I need them so that at night when im sleeping, that there is no wireless signals leaking from my apartment alteast.

Namaste,

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I imagine that the radiation could interfere with the cress' ability to photosynthesis, so that it can't absorb light from the sun. Which would mean that it isn't necessarily harmful to humans.

But I hope someone does a follow up experiment with flies or mice.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Hi WiseThinker!

S&F for you too! I think that we should all be at least aware of the "possible" dangers of sleeping with your phone right next to your head which is actually what I do, I have it on my bedside table but will leave it somewhere else at night from now on!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Yet stimulating the roots with a DC current stimulates growth. As someone not overly blessed with physics ability I have to pose this as a question. Is it just the magnetic part of the electro-magnetism that seems to be detrimental or, more obviously is it the direct effect upon photosynthesis.

Electroculture involves the study of the effects of electricity and electric fields on the rate of seed germination and plant growth. This is an area of science where a lot of experimentation is being conducted. Researchers are starting to find evidence that plant growth can be enhanced by taking advantage of the sensitivity of plant cells to electric currents

School science page

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
A danish scientist just commented on the experiment half an hour ago, and he says that the routers they used to do the experiment sends out radiation in frequencies closer to that of a microwave, than that of a cell phone.

The radiation heat the moisture in the seeds and this is what killed them, or at least stopped them from growing.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Oh wow!

To think i sleep with the tablet and phone right next to me, wifi running 24/7. Being doing this at least for 2 years now.

Struggle to fall asleep, and feeling crappy somedays. IMO, it is just the older age setting in
I even stopped my usual 1-2 whiskeys every night so my body can detox. 2 weeks, still the same malaise feeling every other day.

Wifi is going off tonight! Let me see how i feel after 2 weeks. If better, i'd rather have a relaxing whiskey when i put my butt on the couch in the evening.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is most interesting and I can confirm that when i go out of my way to turn off my mobile and also turn the wifi router off I have much more lucid dreams and a higher quality of sleep.

I would very much like to duplicate this experiment and it would be easy to detect where the wifi doesnt reach as all smart phones come with a wifi strength meter that can detect it.
edit on 17-5-2013 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
From the time we were all born, we have been immersed and soaking in artificial radiation; radio waves on dozens of spectrum which increases every year.

Television bands UHF, VHF, radio bands FM AM CB SW, and now Wireless internet, cell phones, satellite, GPS, etc, on top of all the electromagnetic fields from a mesh of electric wires all around us, day and night without ceasing.

I'd like to see the number of artificial radiation bands we are steeped in right now. 100's? 1,000's? I bet its a high number.

It almost makes me want to live in a Faraday cage. Why is cancer seemingly so prevalent? Every one of our cells is saturated and bombarded by this constant and increasing artificial radiation. Might there be a connection?

Hmmm.... could be.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987
I imagine that the radiation could interfere with the cress' ability to photosynthesis, so that it can't absorb light from the sun. Which would mean that it isn't necessarily harmful to humans.

But I hope someone does a follow up experiment with flies or mice.
Except sprouting doesn't require photosynthesis. Many people sprout their alfalfa in the dark.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Honestly I will remain sceptical of these experiments until someone puts the control inside a faraday cage. We are immersed in EM radiation all the time.

It's possible and even reasonable that intensity increases the effect, but you need to compare the test to a control that isnt exposed to any em radiation, not just comparatively less.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Anyone interested in this will find the documentary "Resonance: biengs of frequency" a good watch.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

Most interesting. Ta muchly for posting

I too have to sleep with my phone by my pillow as it is my alarm, and I don't have a table by the bed, so I have always set the phone to Airplane mode. This is undoubtedly a healthy option. but is in fact actually because one of my friends is a crazy artist who works at night and sleeps during the day - 3am text messages asking "Hey, are you asleep? I'm bored" wore thin rather quickly.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Some seem shocked by these results, and although they are more dramatic than I personally would have anticipated, I am not all that surprised. I say this because everyone should know that radiation, in any amount, is dangerous because it has the potential to mutate cells, turning them from healthy cells into mutated, unhealthy cells. These random mutations almost never work out for the benefit of the cell or the organism the cell belongs to, and the majority of the time the radiation harms the sample.

And think about the human brain, which operates off of electrical impulses. Outside interference is bound to cause some sort of harm, whether over a short or long period. Maybe this is the reason for the increase in mental health disorders, although I still think much of that has to do with the doctors of our age, as compared with doctors from past decades. Who is to say that there actually has been an increase in mental health disorders, since the increase could simply be in the diagnosis of such disorders...Which may or may not actually exist.

And the brain is not all that we should be worried about. Mutated cells and cancer are very dangerous to the human organism. Even radiation from our star can cause mutations and cancer, and adding any more radiation to our atmosphere is bound to cause some sort of ill effect. But think about the fact that there is not much we can do at this point, except find some way to better protect ourselves, since our whole world is based on electronic radiation broadcast everywhere. We could not survive without these signals and technology in this day and age. So obviously there are very real downsides to technology.

It would not surprise me at all if government studies, which are classified, have documented the ill effects of electronic signals and radiation on the human body. If such was found to be the case, that these signals were cutting years off of peoples' lives, what incentive would the government have for releasing this information? They know as well as I do that our society depends on these things, and that releasing the information could only serve to disrupt society on multiple levels.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

One of the reason's Erikson got out of the mobile market and Sony bought the title and right's from them is because they were an ethical company whom realised that at some point there was going to be proof of a link to various brain diseases and mobile use so envisioned a future like the tobacco manufacturers found themselves in were they would be sued en mass for damages.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
My 78 year old mother who is highly intelligent once felt that the image on the new digital TV was more than just an image, but she felt foolish in saying so. This interaction between the new form of near energy i.e. mobile phones or different energy i.e digital TV and the human brain is probably under-investigated. Let us hope it is not another smoking lung cancer causation staring us in the face or ear.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
*mouth hanging open*

Damnit. I sleep with my cell phone on the pillow on the other side of the bed because it's my alarm clock. I've been sleeping like crap for years. I sleep like crap too. I am testing this out starting tonight. no more phone on pillow.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Lots of things use the same frequencies as a microwave, its the 2.4 GHz range. The 2.4 GHz band is special in that water absorbs part of it.

The 3 most popular wireless frequencies used by routers are A,B,G,N

IEEE 802.11/WiFi (routers)
A - 5 GHz
B - 2.4 GHz
G - 2.4 GHz
N - 2.4 GHz & 5.0 GHz

Microwave ovens - 2.4 GHz
Bluetooth - 2.4 GHz
Some Cellular phones - 2.4 GHz
Some radio controlled toys - 2.4 GHz

But mobile phones :
GSM cell phone: 900 MHz, 1.8 GHz
3G cell phone: 1.7 GHz, 2.1 GHz

All this experiment has proven is that microwaves heat up water which we already knew. Routers are not running at the same frequencies as mobile phones so the conclusions reached in the experiment based on data collected using routers is false. Lets see them do the same experiment in frequencies under the 2.4 GHz band before they start blaming mobile phones for anything.

edit on 17-5-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
For millions of years the living things on this planet were only exposed to 'natural' radiation; solar and cosmic. When humans domesticated fire, our brains became attuned to that fire-frequency, and we watched it for hours every day and especially at night. You all know how hypnotic firelight is and how our brains seem to crave it. Why else would people willingly pay good money for smelly, headache inducing scented candles
and why is firelight considered 'romantic'? Because it puts you into an altered state of consciousness, that's why.

I actually think our brains have evolved to 'need' firelight, as much as we need sunlight during the day to tune our circadian rhythms and pineal gland.

Now, we're 100 years on into unchecked saturation with a massive amount of radio and other frequencies that we can't see but if we could, would look like the worst smog ever - and everyone I know is sick either mentally, physically or both. When's the last time you met someone of any age in the peak of health?

I'd say it was a conspiracy if I wasn't already pretty convinced that mere greed and stupidity accounts for most of it.

If you really want to create something utterly diabolical, invent a teevee that gives off the same frequency light as firelight. No one would ever be able to take their eyes off it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join