It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oblivion. The Elder Scrolls IV

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

I play The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion.

Does anyone out there, besides me, even play this game anymore?

I play it on my desktop pc and I love it, with all the user mods that have been developed it's still an awesome game. I don't have the specs to play Skyrim so I guess eventually I'll have to invest in an Xbox360.

They plan to develop the game into a mmrpg, does anyone know if it will be based on Oblivion or Skyrim or if it will be a whole new world? When is the launch date?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I play it in cycles (am playing it right now actually)
I have all kinds of mods added onto it as well (balance, weather, more realistic environments, some extra houses and lots of weapon mods) and I have the world and my battlemage character just the way I like it - its a different world I can jump into when I feel like some escapism from real life
So far I have put just under 770 hours into this game and have enjoyed every minute of it

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Brogue

Wow. I'm at nearly 200 hours of playtime and I thought that was alot.

Any idea about the online version?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Play it, I breathe it. Oblivion, Morrowind, Morroblivion. I need to get a better graphics card if I'm to attempt Skyrim. Though that's why I have them on the 360 as well. I can get lost in those games so often, Either fighting Dragon Priests in Skyrim, Closing the Oblivion gates, or just taking the time to run about as the Nevarine. Such amazing storylines, and the gameplay adjustments throughout the 3. -shivers- It's a rush that few other games have given me

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Congrats on finally making your way into the world of Tamriel!

The Elder Scrolls Online will consist of all the provinces in the world of Tamriel. Bethesda has a lot of information regarding it on their website, so do some googling for that.

Oblivion takes place in the province of Cyrodil, while Skyrim takes place in...well, Skyrim.
If your computer isn't capable of running Skyrim, then I say why not invest in an Xbox. They're fairly cheap nowadays. Just know that here in a few days Microsoft will be unveiling the next generation Xbox, which will come out probably around November.

As a long running fan of the series, I am obligated to recommend you to play Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. The lore and world is more challenging, and doesn't hold your hand along the way. There's just so much more to do, and less limitations as to what you can do. However, it is an older game and does play as such, and if you're not used to that style of play it may come off as less fun to you.

Have fun, and remember the color of night...sanguine, my brother.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Im anticipating the mmorpg installment of the series. Still says 2013 TBA. Here is a little info. Elder Scrolls Online...

The Elder Scrolls Online is a fantasy MMORPG from Zenimax Online Studios and Bethesda Softworks based on the popular Elder Scrolls series. The game takes place during the Age of Heroes, 1,000 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and will feature classic regions of the Tamriel game world, including Morrowind, Daggerfall, and Skyrim. The Elder Scrolls Online will have solo and group questing, public dungeons, guilds, and massive PvP warfare that sets the game's three player factions against one another for control over the region of Cyrodiil and the throne of Tamriel.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Quibbler

I love "The Dark Brotherhood", I couldn't resist.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JimboSliceLV

I can't wait....there goes all my 'free time'.

It will be awesome!!!!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I own Oblivion, but coming from Morrowind, I was not captivated by Oblivion.
Skyrim corrects a lot of the disappointment I had with Oblivion.
I play Skyrim, these days, but keep my xbox just for the days I have to play Morrowind.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Wow. I guess I'll have to try Morrowind, I've never played it, only Oblivion.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Does this have anything to do with the movie Oblivion with Tom Cruise? I am a complete idiot about video games...well except Farm Town on Face Book
....but what caught my eye was the name.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

Nope. It's like Dungeons and Dragons or World of Warcraft more medieval times.

Sorry.

edit on 17-5-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I kinda ruined Oblivion for myself I figured out how to get Umbra's equipment at the very beginning of the game... get some health pots a horse and any bow... snipe her the closest to the exit you can get... run like hell hop on the horse aimed at the nearest castle and keep going get inside the city gates hop the low wall on the right and let the guards kill her then loot her body hit a potion on the way if you need it shes very quick.

My character is an Argonian so lots of resistances, I enchanted several items... they stack so I have 100% invisibility, I non stop snuck everywhere so no one knows I am there, and got the unbreakable lock pick.

At only level 7 I can one hit critical anyone in the game... no one senses me or sees me so I managed to create a god mode character. It's definitely a rad game, I haven't been playing any games in quite awhile though... but if they MMORPG this series I'll definitely be playing it, there has never been a better rpg franchise in my opinion... yeah that includes, Zork, Bards tale, Wizardry and the Ultima series... though as classics go Ultima ruled my early teen years... crawling ever square inch of pink block walls looking for the missing link denoting secret passages and for some reason Iolo always had to get poisoned by everything that bastard haha.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I play Skyrim Elder Scrolls and it has taken a large amount of hours that I don't even want to know how many. I think I am nearing the end and am about to download redguard, and I thought something like Hearthfire was available, but not sure. I would like to see the mmorpg with it though. I used to play Ultima Online. I think Bethesda is working on Skyrim Elder Scrolls Arena. I haven't kept up on the developments though.

edit on 17/5/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I play all of The Elder Scrolls games. I've been doing retro gaming, in fact, lately.

For all of those people who think they are too poor to make a difference in their lives - try picking up an Xbox for $40.00 and The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind for under $20.00 and you should have hundreds of hours of free entertainment from then on.

edit on 17-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Wow. I guess I'll have to try Morrowind, I've never played it, only Oblivion.

Morrowind was the closest I've found to my "perfect" video game. Any game that starts with verbiage saying something to the effect of "you're on your own, good luck" is worth playing.
With that said, there are issues (for me) with the fighting engine/ animations that are still not corrected in Skyrim or Oblivion.
Oblivion is not a bad game, my best character I think is around a level 37. For whatever reason, it didn't captivate me like others in the series.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The only 'bad' thing about oblivion is the time I have spent playing the game. It's so much fun that I lose myself in the game. It's almost like a virtual reality, I've heard that Skyrim is more in depth, I can only imagine how the online version will play.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
BTW, if you want to sign up for the beta test of Elder Scrolls Online you can below at:

Elder Scrolls Online Beta Sign Up

ETA: I signed up as well. I look forward to getting in on the fun early!

edit on 17/5/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Very cool!

Thanks I'm all over that #!!!

Edit - I just signed up to be a tester.....I hope they select me!!!!

edit on 17-5-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I completely agree with everyone about Morrowind. Skyrim was really good, Oblivion was somewhat of a letdown, but Morrowind consumed me like no other game before or since. Unfortunately, I'm sure Morrowind wouldn't be nearly as appealing if I went back to play it now. It's over a decade old and will feel dated compared to today's games.

I bought Morrowind when it came out, and it was at a point in my life when I had way too much free time. I was completely absorbed in the virtual world, and when I think back on it now, it feels as if I actually lived part of my life in Morrowind. It's quite pathetic how much time I spent playing it, but it brings back incredible memories thinking of the alternate reality I explored. Escapism at its best.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join