It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your oppinion: body/soul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Ok this time i would like to hear what you think about to who "belongs" what:

Your soul to your body or your body to your soul ?

My body belongs to my soul. and yours ?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hombre

Perhaps soul and body are in perfect symbiosis, neither can exist without the other, and therefore equal...maybe ?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
What if the body is a trap, or prison for the soul. To prepare "us" for a possible evolution, or just to mass farm us for energy?
the body is almost like a vessel. The soul being apart of something greater

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Mr. Confusion back with a mind just full of it. (That's how I got my nickname)

What do you mean by "belongs?" I see a reflection in a mirror, does the mirror belong to the reflection, or vice versa. You can't get rid of either of them and keep the reflection in the mirror.

Help me out a little.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hombre

I would have to say that the body belongs to the soul if you are asking in terms of which is superior.

If you are perhaps asking if a particular body belongs to a specific soul (or vice versa), I would have to say I do not believe so.

Our bodies, to me, are just vessels a soul inhabits to experience the physical world in a way we would not be able to without them. Beautiful, biological machines made to help us learn. Sometimes the experiences are good, sometimes bad, and the lessons learned easily or harshly.. Either way we experience and learn through bodies things and lessons specific to a 3rd dimension.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Completely depends on the definition of soul.

But assuming that we have one in a religious sense, would indicate to me that the body belonged to the soul.
But if we talk about it in a physical sense, where one might consider the soul to be sort of an electrical life force, one might be tempted to say that the soul belongs to the body.

I guess the big question is, does the soul in question live on after the body decays?

The soul is a very abstract and subjective subject. So it would be nice if you could give a more detailed description.

My qualified guess is that the soul is a product of our imagination, made so that we could better deal with death, and better understand the concept, of the body still being there but the mind being gone.
So in that sense, the soul defiantly belongs to the body, since it ceases t exist once the body dies.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Remembering the old cartoons, where an toon is selling its soul to the devil by making inapropriate contracts, i started to ask my self is the soul in possesion over body, or body over soul.
(body or what ever this thing is which thinks and acts )

for my soul has the priority over body. so that body cant sell its soul.

My qualified guess is that the soul is a product of our imagination, made so that we could better deal with death, and better understand the concept, of the body still being there but the mind being gone.
So in that sense, the soul defiantly belongs to the body, since it ceases t exist once the body dies.

My oppinion on this is completly different as they show me that there is something more than we (or at least some of earthlings) think and know about life and death.
edit on 17/5/2013 by Hombre because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hombre

Who are they, and what do they show you?

I think there is much to learn about this world as well, but I never claim to know anything before it can be verified. As I said, it is only a qualified, cause at this point I don't have any data that would suggest otherwise, but I don't know for sure. So if you can share some information about why you believe as you do, I would love to hear it.

Regarding the example you gave. Which I found really interesting. I do agree that it seems somewhat paradoxical that the body should be able to sell the soul. Since the soul seems to symbolize the very essence of us, our personalities and so on.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I am a spirit, in possession of a body and mind. My body is not me. My mind is not me. They belong to me and will be discarded upon my death, leaving my spirit to continue on.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Who are they, and what do they show you?

Im not sure, as im trying to talk to the angels, i guess they are them.

What they show me ? good question, sometime it takes a bit longer to figure out what it is, as the results
are been show after several hours or days.
For example i shall not be angry or spread negativity (which i very very very very rarely do but there are thoose situations where i just cant)
And that Smile is something a healer for everything.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hombre

Does the wife belong to husband, or does the husband belong to the wife?

It's a spiritual marriage of body and soul, with free will being the music and rhythm of the wedding dance.

I believe in reincarnation, so my "male" soul has had many wives!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hombre
Ok this time i would like to hear what you think about to who "belongs" what:

Your soul to your body or your body to your soul ?

My body belongs to my soul. and yours ?

As I understand it, both views are correct.

The soul is the unique energy signature of an individual existing within the universal energy field. The body is the physical manifestation of this energy signature.

The body belongs to the soul because without this unique energy signature there could be no physical body.

The soul belongs to the body because without a physical form this energy signature could not be seen as separate from any other entity in the field.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Genesis 2:7

King James Version (KJV)

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

I'm as
as you are.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You cannot have one without the other in my opinion. Without your soul, your body would be a vegetable, without your body, your soul would have nothing to experience.

One does not belong to another, they are both dependent on each other to exist. We may leave this body behind, but we will resurrect in another after this death on Earth. I also believe that we will reincarnate within this universe forever, just on different planets/moons. With the vastness of the universe, there is no need for alternate universes in my opinion.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
body is physical house for soul.
soul is an aggregation of thoughts
feelings memory and spirit.

new topics

top topics

join