It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans altered Benghazi emails.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

The truth is that the GOP has used the Benghazi tragedy for subversion, much like they do with everything else. If they would do their goddamn jobs instead of manufacturing conspiracies and being obstructionists, we might be further out of the mess that began piling up when Clinton left office. I'm by no means cheerleading for democrats here and I don't always disagree with people on the Right, I even call some of them friends... but this whole thing was ridiculous from the beginning.

The truth is that someone within the GOP altered the emails, tailoring them to fit their narrative on Benghazi, you have done nothing but attack posters who acknowledge this truth, you haven't presented anything that counters it. No matter what side of the fence you are on, it isn't acceptable and we need to start rejecting this type of BS. Elections should be won or lost by merit, not on lies. And Representatives are elected to represent their districts within a functioning government, not continuously thwart the will of the people.

Since logic flies out the window when anyone appears to defend Obama, the administration yadda yadda, on this site... I will state for the millionth time that I didn't vote for Obama in 2012, I'm no longer registered democrat... I rejected them because of their own corruption and am now registered Independent and I judge candidates on their merit not the letter that comes after their name, I no longer care about party lines or the lesser of two evils, I vote my conscience or I abstain and there is plenty I find wrong with Obama, his administration and democrats in general. I just happen to like the truth more than I dislike the current crop of elected and appointed democrats. It is the truth I'm defending and lies I'm attacking.
edit on 18-5-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Hilarious....the right asking for proof and such. When all they ever have, are claims and no evidence to back anything they say about Obama up. Some story pops up about about Obama..eg..."Obama doesn't like cats"..they would twist and turn this claim to make Obama out to be the devil..of course there would be no truth or proof in the cat story but as long as it comes from conservative site, newscast, blog, or whatever...it is fact as far as they are concerned.

Take Benghazi for example..all I ever heard were MAYBE, IF TRUE, CLAIM OR SUPPOSED INSIDER telling them..did they want facts or truths before screaming Obama allowed blah blah blah..NOPE. It was fact as far as they were concerned.

Hypocrisy at it's best.

In regard to your post, I most definitely agree!

There were no facts, no truths, and no evidence. There was only nonsense!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The truth is that someone within the GOP altered the emails, tailoring them to fit their narrative on Benghazi

I think deep cover Democrat operatives are behind this entire "Leak".

Watch for Valerie Jarrett along with Hillary's dark operatives being involved.

Just wait for the facts.

These cover ups are getting deeper as we speak.

The Dems are on the run and they need to do everything possible to seal the lids before the 2014 election campaigns begin.

edit on May-18-2013 by xuenchen because: grammer

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Sure go ahead and use that tactic, when one conspiracy falls apart retreat to an even more absurd one.
Good lord.
edit on 18-5-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The truth is that the GOP has used the Benghazi tragedy for subversion, much like they do with everything else. If they would do their goddamn jobs instead of manufacturing conspiracies and being obstructionists, we might be further out of the mess that began piling up when Clinton left office. I'm by no means cheerleading for democrats here and I don't always disagree with people on the Right, I even call some of them friends... but this whole thing was ridiculous from the beginning.

In the above, you are applying negative behaviors to only the GOP, so it seems that you are, indeed, "cheerleading for democrats here". Both parties ARE guilty of the above mentioned behavior!

The truth is that someone within the GOP altered the emails, tailoring them to fit their narrative on Benghazi,

If you know that to be the truth, you won't have any trouble providing a source to those altered emails. I'll be waiting, but I certainly won't be holding my breath.

you have done nothing but attack posters who acknowledge this truth

Nope! I am only refuting the claims of those that are pushing hearsay as the truth, and responding to generalized attacks like the one you made.

you haven't presented anything that counters it

You should pull your head out of the sand before you make such an ignorant claim. Here is the first one, and this is the second one. I doubt it, but, perhaps you'd like to be the first to refute them.

No matter what side of the fence you are on, it isn't acceptable and we need to start rejecting this type of BS.

I agree! That's why I'm rejecting your "BS"!

Elections should be won or lost by merit, not on lies. And Representatives are elected to represent their districts within a functioning government, not continuously thwart the will of the people.

I like that! That's the first nonpartisan thing you've said in this thread!

I just happen to like the truth more than I dislike the current crop of elected and appointed democrats. It is the truth I'm defending and lies I'm attacking.

I've not seen any evidence to support that claim. Your posts in this thread only indicate that you would rather ignore the truth.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

There's no proof anyone altered the emails because we don't know where the first set came from? Were they from a leak using memory did he actually sneak real copies to congress and the white house altered them.Did the person that leaked the emails edit them we have no way of knowing.I seriously doubt the republicans would have risked altering the emails knowing that the white house could release them so i tend to believe if they arent the true emails the source was suspect. If they are the white house did some creative editing. But notice the emails still come across the same way words are different but the message is the same so does it really matter? Either way those emails wouldn't have been released if congress hadn't gotten hold of them and that's the bottom line. Nor is it illegal for the white house to lie no its not. Is Benghazi the presidents fault no! Look the consulate was a CIA operation it was their job to provide security which obviously they didn't. The main reason this occured is CIA officers at the Benghazi mission’s annex had responsibility for vetting the Libyan militia that they counted on for security.Look there was a group the US was counting on called the Martyr’s Brigade . This group helped overthrow Kaddafi and was to assist in embassy protection.
The compound's security posture on the night of the attack included:

•Four locally hired unarmed guards, provided under contract with a British private security firm named Blue Mountain.three armed members of the February 17th Martyrs Brigade
U.S. security personnel at the facilities the night of the attack:

• Five armed Diplomatic Security agents (three who were assigned to Benghazi, and two travelling with the Ambassador), according to testimony by a senior Diplomatic Security official. The compound could also call on a "well-trained U.S. quick reaction security team" stationed at an annex two kilometers away.

Problem was the quick reaction team vanished when the fighting started because they were the February 17th Martyrs Brigade. The 3 guards on duty the night of the attacks ran off giving embassy personel no warning of the attack.So truth is these people should have been vetted better by the CIA since when push came to shove they ran! Had they provided the security they were supposed to we wouldnt even be discussing Benghazi because they would have repelled the attack.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

you are applying negative behaviors to only the GOP

Yep, because they are the ones acting like children on this particular issue which is what the thread is about.

If you know that to be the truth, you won't have any trouble providing a source to those altered emails. I'll be waiting, but I certainly won't be holding my breath.

The White House made public, the emails they sent to congress when the inquiries began. Those emails are now (as Indigo posted) part of the Congressional records, if they didn't match up don't you think the GOP would be screaming their fool heads off?

You should pull your head out of the sand before you make such an ignorant claim. Here is the first one, and this is the second one.

If you can't see the difference between what the GOP doctored and the originals than this is truly a pointless debate as it takes choice and will to deny it.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

The truth is that the GOP has used the Benghazi tragedy for subversion, much like they do with everything else. If they would do their goddamn jobs instead of manufacturing conspiracies and being obstructionists, we might be further out of the mess that began piling up when Clinton left office

The truth is 4 Americans died in Benghazi, and the guy who said it was his personal mission to kill Bin Laden, and said there would be 'justice' for those people in Benghazi are still walking around 8 months later.

Some more truth is his press corps was targeted after working so hard to get him elected, then his gestapo the IRS worked so hard for the past 2 years so that he would get elected.

Now when someone is telling me the most powerful man in the world has no clue what his administration is doing?

Well that is the part that is 'manufactured'.
edit on 18-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Hmmmm....

I remember a little story that CBS was part of.

March 2005: After the embarrassing scandal involving Dan Rather’s use of forged documents in a one-sided 60 Minutes hit piece aimed at President Bush just before the 2004 presidential election, CBS announced Rather would leave the CBS Evening News on March 9, 2005, a year earlier than planned.

20 Years On the CBS Evening News: Dan Rather's Outrageous Liberal Bias

Anything to sidetrack the real issues. Like Obama, and his failures.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Here's Irony for you.

Meanwhile, Democrats were not satisfied with Bossie’s resignation. They noted that Burton himself released the transcript, and they called on the congressman to resign as well. “A committee staff member should not be made the scapegoat for Chairman Burton’s mistakes, missteps and misdeeds,” then-House Democratic Leader Dick Gephardt said. Indeed, Burton himself said, “I take responsibility for those mistakes,” but never resigned or faced censure.

Will a GOP aide be fired over Benghazi email changes?

Some one transcribed these documents, and knowingly or unknowingly did this. You have Democrats up in arms because of this.

People died because of the actual incident, and we have NO Democrats willing to ask TOP White House officials to resign???

I see no hypocrisy or double standards here........

Let me fix it for all of you.

“Hillary Clinton should not be made the scapegoat for President Obamas mistakes, missteps and misdeeds,”

There.

edit on 18-5-2013 by sonnny1 because: ALTERED TRANSCRIPTS AND QUOTES FOR TRUTH

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

A pathetic double standard. They probably don't even realize that they are doing it! Their heads must be so far up certain orifices that they are wearing stomachs for hats!

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by sonnny1

A pathetic double standard. They probably don't even realize that they are doing it! Their heads must be so far up certain orifices that they are wearing stomachs for hats!

Really, hey?

Now for those in this thread calling for hangings, what say you all to my transcription fix?

I don't want to hear its a double standard. Im all for the GOP to pay for their mistakes. Are you willing to see Obama and his Administration pay for theirs?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yep, because they are the ones acting like children on this particular issue which is what the thread is about.

Nope! You are mistaken! This thread is NOT about "the ones acting like children on this particular issue". It's about the, as yet, unsubstantiated claim that "Republicans altered Benghazi emails".

The White House made public, the emails they sent to congress when the inquiries began. Those emails are now (as Indigo posted) part of the Congressional records, if they didn't match up don't you think the GOP would be screaming their fool heads off?

Now you're confused! I haven't questioned the authenticity of any of the emails released by the White House.

If you can't see the difference between what the GOP doctored and the originals

As of yet, I haven't seen any "GOP doctored" emails. I have only seen claims of such. I prompted you for a source to them in my previous post, but it seems you chose to ignore that.

this is truly a pointless debate as it takes choice and will to deny it.

What debate? All you're doing is responding in a way that has nothing to do with anything that I've posted about the subject.

If you feel like showing a little bit of integrity, post a source to the emails that the GOP allegedly altered.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Do the two sets of emails match up?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Do the two sets of emails match up?

And, once again: I haven't seen two sets! Have you? If so, and for the third time, kindly post a link to the ones that the GOP supposedly altered.

As far as the alleged changes go: I've already covered that. You were even provided a link to that post, and prompted to refute it. So far, all you've done is ignore it. Because I'm such a nice old troll, here is another link to that post.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 19-5-2013 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

You yourself posted different quotes of both so obviously you've seen them, your demand for proof makes no sense unless... are you alluding to ABC lying about leaked emails and/or CBS lying about the actual emails?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by joemomma
reply to post by muse7

Nice article

So basically Republicans have made up yet another fake story to attack this president with.

Can't stop a bunch of desperate douches bags from repeating the same lies 500 times until they believe their own lies... The conservative credo
edit on 17-5-2013 by joemomma because: (no reason given)

how many times do the republicans need to cry wolf before people stop believing what they say?....it's been like this for over 4 years. this is the same congress that voted to repeal Obamacare FOR THE 38TH TIME!!!!!......how many jobs bills have they passed???? isn't any of this sinking in??....
edit on 19-5-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You yourself posted different quotes of both so obviously you've seen them

My, my, aren't you the dodgy one!

I never claimed that I haven't seen the altered quotes, but I'm VERY SURE YOU KNEW THAT. YOU also KNOW that it's the allegedly altered emails that I haven't seen. I have been VERY CLEAR, and VERY CONSISTENT in regard to that aspect. You haven't seen them either! If you had, you would have posted a source for them, instead of continuing with your intellectually dishonest nonsense.

your demand for proof makes no sense

I can certainly understand why a "demand for proof" would make "no sense" to you. Nothing will sour the sweetened Kool-Aid that you've been drinking more than a little evidence that goes against what you want to believe. Unlike you, I tend to base my beliefs on evidence, instead of hearsay.

are you alluding to ABC lying about leaked emails and/or CBS lying about the actual emails?

Nope! Also unlike you, I don't allude to much. I tend to be too direct for that kind of crap. If I felt that ABC and/or CBS was/were lying about the altered emails, I would have said so. As I stated in a previous post to you: "I am only refuting the claims of those that are pushing hearsay as the truth"

Your persistent avoidance of refuting anything that was stated in my first post only indicates that you are incapable of doing so.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Republicans altered Benghazi emails

Probably best left to another thread more attuned to questioning but...

... how many of us follow this and other scandals based solely on politics? How many of those on the left deny all based on devotion to Obama? How many on the right affirm all based on a dislike of the same?

Personally, I think Obama (like Bush before him) has wayyyy overstepped his authority and is now planking in hopes of avoiding plunging through the thin ice he has walked out on. And like Bush, he will likely escape unscathed.

I am beginning to seriously consider that conspiracy theory that says how ALL presidents are no longer elected but chose by powers out of sight who indeed run the world.

Yeah... it's a radical concept but, in some cases, there aren't very many alternatives that play true.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

You yourself posted different quotes of both so obviously you've seen them, your demand for proof makes no sense unless... are you alluding to ABC lying about leaked emails and/or CBS lying about the actual emails?

Ill make this easy hes trying to get you to figure out where the first group of emails came from.It was from a press ABC to be exact they said they had gotten it from a congressional source. Nor did they get an actual copy of the emails did they have someone tell them the contents please remember this is before the white house released them and were still classified. Did the reporter that got the story alter them there is no way to know.I will say this however if the emails had come fom the GOP and they knew the white house could release them anytime they wanted does it really make sense for them to change them that would just be incredibly stupid.As for the emails there really wasnt a release at all only a news agency saying they had gotten them through a source didnt even say who that source was.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join