It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans altered Benghazi emails.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sprtpilot
Why did Obama order rescue operations to stand down and allow four Americans to be butchered?? THAT is all that matters.

That's hillarious...you know that has all been answered? Never happened. The four Spec Ops who only had 9mm side-arms...that were told to stay where they were...protecting the OTHER Libyan embassy...were told by African Command to stay put so we wouldn't have further deaths..and two fully equipped Spec Ops teams were already en route..and the plane they wanted to take to abandon the Tripoli Embassy Personel was due and didn't arrive in Benghazi for several hours...after the event.

Command made the right call not to leave the Tripoli Personel unprotected while embassies in Libya appeared to be going south...for a flight that wouldn't have arrived in time...and four guys with sidearms...and two other Spec Ops teams already en route.

Nice try though...but facts have a way of winning the day...maybe post some made up-emails?
edit on 17-5-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hilarious..
..the right asking for proof and such. When all they ever have, are claims and no evidence to back anything they say about Obama up. Some story pops up about about Obama..eg..."Obama doesn't like cats"..they would twist and turn this claim to make Obama out to be the devil..of course there would be no truth or proof in the cat story but as long as it comes from conservative site, newscast, blog, or whatever...it is fact as far as they are concerned.

Take Benghazi for example..all I ever heard were MAYBE, IF TRUE, CLAIM OR SUPPOSED INSIDER telling them..did they want facts or truths before screaming Obama allowed blah blah blah..NOPE. It was fact as far as they were concerned.

Hypocrisy at it's best.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The GOP Committees/panels HAD the emails already, but they were "classified"

Feeling comfortable that the Whitehouse wouldn't have to release them...the White House selected the most politically advantageous snippets, edited them to fit the theme and leaked them.

Fixed for accuracy.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Thread title is a LIE - MODS = please dump this thread based on a lie and misrepresentation.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Thanks for exposing yet another dirty little truth about the GOP and their "everything is a scandal" machine. They are rapidly turning their party's reputation into one that rivals that of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf."

F&S for the OP!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

As far as I'm concerned, until someone posts a source for the ALLEGEDLY altered "Benghazi emails", there are none!

This current hoopla is about nothing more than paraphrasing!

1) The original quote from Ben Rhodes' email:

We need to resolve this in a way that respects all of the relevant equities, particularly the investigation.

The quote in question:

We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don’t want to undermine the FBI investigation.

Because "all agency equities" does indeed include the State Department, and because the FBI is leading the investigation, both quotes, for the most part, mean the same thing. Though it's minor, the only issue regarding the two quotes is the substitution of the word "resolve" with the word "reflect".

2) The original quote from Victoria Nuland's email:

The penultimate point could be abused by members to beat the State Department for not paying attention to Agency warnings.

The quote in question:

The penultimate point is a paragraph talking about all the previous warnings provided by the Agency (CIA) about al-Qaeda’s presence and activities of al-Qaeda.

Because "penultimate" means "next to the last", those quotes are in reference to the following paragraph of the original talking points:

Since April, there have been at least five other attacks against foreign interests in Benghazi by unidentified assailants, including the June attack against the British Ambassador's convoy. We cannot rule out that individuals had previously surveilled the US bacilities, also contributing to the efficacy of the attacks.

The only discrepancy in the second paraphrase is that it also refers to the second talking point in the original document:

The crowd almost certainly was a mix of individuals from across many sectors of Libyan society. That said, we do know that Islamic extremists with ties to al-Qa'ida participated in the attack.

Both of those talking points were omitted, along with two others, from the finalized version that became false by way of omission. That was done by those working under Mr. Obama's administration, and it had nothing to do with Republicans. The final document, as with the source cited in your OP and many others cited in this thread, is nothing less than an overt attempt to deceive the American public.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 17-5-2013 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
So from what I've gathered from this thread, the only people to actually see an altered email are some reporters? Or did I miss a post somewhere here that says they're in the public domain now?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The GOP lied and mocked up emails that they leaked.

If you know that to be true, you shouldn't have any problem posting a link to one of those "mocked up emails that they leaked." I'll bet you won't though...

That the whole "it started as protests" thing began with PAGE 1/DRAFT 1 issued by CIA analysts...NOT added by the Whitehouse or State like the GOP claimed.

No it didn't! Nor was it ever added! That "it started as protests" "thing" doesn't appear in any of the drafts. Either Ms. Rice added that herself, or someone told her to do so. It sure as hell didn't come from the CIA.

Here's the original talking point that you are referring to:

We believe based on currently available information that the attacks in Benghaze were spontaneously inspired by the protests at the US imbassy in Cairo and evolved into a direct assault against the US Consulate and subsequently it's annex. This assessment may change as additional information is collected and analyzed, and currently available information continues to be evaluated.

The CIA also warned of potential attacks...but they warned everyone, not just Benghazi and did so BECAUSE OF THE PROTESTS that were at all the embassies throughout the middle east.

They didn't do so in any of the emails or talking points that we're discussing.

Thus the initial theme/CIA intelligence of protests evolving to extremist attack.

There was no mention of "intelligence of protests evolving to extremist attack". There goes YOUR "initial theme"...

What is in the emails is in-fighting between the State Department and CIA...

No there isn't!

CIA's first draft says that CIA warned them, thus trying to hand any fallout to State (Cover-your-ass)

No it didn't. You obviously don't have a clue as to what it said.

State took issue with it because they saw it for what it was. CIA was warning all the embassies about protests regarding the film...which was fair cuz there was violent protests everywhere in the middle east surrounding the video...But CIA was playing it like they warned specifically/only about Benghazi...State didn't appreciate the CYA attempt at thier expense.

Well... You certainly didn't get any of that from any of the emails either, so:
Apparently, everything you are claiming is BS!

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So are we going to be demanding Boehner's resignation now?

No?

Typical!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

No?

Typical!

Well glad you answered that question by yourself.....

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
this is why we'll never get the "real truth" and it's also how all parties involved will get away with all their wrong doings.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It really is sad how this right vs left thing plays out in our country look at it logically if we dont hold our leaders to a higher standard we are in trouble.The last thing any elected official should do is lie to the American people.If its shown Obama lied on purpose action should be taken.On the flip side if it is true is that his people kept him in the dark and he was unaware though that is concerning you cant hold him acountable if his people were truly telling him this.But i think that would mean there needsto be lots of job openings quickly.If this is true Obama needsto go on afiring spree yesterday.
edit on 5/17/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Major problem i see here is the white house screwed up they sent out emails admitting they edited them changing names and redacting parts for national security. You can tell by reading both versions someone edited them and we know indeed these aren't the original emails because they admitted they made changes. The biggest problem is why did they only release emails from 3 days afterwards. You think its logical to start with the first one and work backwards. But their first email was sent 67 hours after the attack what happened to the first two days???? My guess is the white house will use the excuse once again for national security they couldnt release the full emails for national security reasons but will see i guess.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

You can tell by reading both versions someone edited

That's interesting! I've only found the emails that the White House released. Where did you find the one's that were altered by the GOP? A link would be nice.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Listen to you fools. You desperately cling to your respective political clan with unconditional trust. You guys believe anything your party, or parties news channel feeds you. You blame the other side of the very thing youre constantly regurgitating. Do you guys think anyone is being truthful with you? Do you have ANY way of actually verifying 100% fact (might want to look the word "Fact" up, most of you have no clue what it means) what any of them say? Were any of you at Benghazi? Any of you the POTUS's personal email secretary?

You people are sad. Let me clue you in on something that might surprise you. Democrat, Republican, any MSM........they aren't on your side. They dont understand you. They dont give the first **** about you or your priorities.

Say, whats one of the worst things for someone to have? POWER. The smallest amount of power, even perceived power, warps/bends/and corrodes minds. Its not funny watching you people mindlessly, and I mean that literally, defend to the death these people without even thinking for an instant outside the small box you have created inside your head.

I could sit and call you dumb, say youre desperate, or any of the other usual things I expect political slaves to say, but its useless. You are too far gone. Our best hope is for this entire system to crash and burn to the ground. Its sad you guys dont see this and realize its our best hope, but its aiding the final outcome. It will be painful, but hopefully the best humanity has to offer will rise again after the smoke clears.

So please continue.......lets get this show on the road

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

The original CIA draft said "protests"

Yeah, I reckon it did. Now, let's see if you possess enough integrity to put the word "protests" in it's original context:
Quote the only sentence, of the original draft, that it was used in.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

That's hillarious...you know that has all been answered? Never happened. The four Spec Ops who only had 9mm side-arms...that were told to stay where they were...protecting the OTHER Libyan embassy...were told by African Command to stay put so we wouldn't have further deaths..and two fully equipped Spec Ops teams were already en route..and the plane they wanted to take to abandon the Tripoli Embassy Personel was due and didn't arrive in Benghazi for several hours...after the event.

Command made the right call not to leave the Tripoli Personel unprotected while embassies in Libya appeared to be going south...for a flight that wouldn't have arrived in time...and four guys with sidearms...and two other Spec Ops teams already en route.

Uh huh...

Nice try though...but facts have a way of winning the day...maybe post some made up-emails?

Yeah. "Nice try"! By not posting any sources, it looks like you posted a bunch of "made up" comments.

The GOP just got busted making sh*& up again.

Guess who I feel is "making sh*& up again"! I'd sure like to see your sources, but I'll bet you won't post them.

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by holton0289

Listen to you fools. You desperately cling to your respective political clan with unconditional trust. You guys believe anything your party, or parties news channel feeds you. You blame the other side of the very thing youre constantly regurgitating. Do you guys think anyone is being truthful with you? Do you have ANY way of actually verifying 100% fact (might want to look the word "Fact" up, most of you have no clue what it means) what any of them say? Were any of you at Benghazi? Any of you the POTUS's personal email secretary?

You people are sad. Let me clue you in on something that might surprise you. Democrat, Republican, any MSM........they aren't on your side. They dont understand you. They dont give the first **** about you or your priorities.

Say, whats one of the worst things for someone to have? POWER. The smallest amount of power, even perceived power, warps/bends/and corrodes minds. Its not funny watching you people mindlessly, and I mean that literally, defend to the death these people without even thinking for an instant outside the small box you have created inside your head.

I could sit and call you dumb, say youre desperate, or any of the other usual things I expect political slaves to say, but its useless. You are too far gone. Our best hope is for this entire system to crash and burn to the ground. Its sad you guys dont see this and realize its our best hope, but its aiding the final outcome. It will be painful, but hopefully the best humanity has to offer will rise again after the smoke clears.

So please continue.......lets get this show on the road

I can understand your frustration over not having anything meaningful to contribute to this thread, but "US Political Madness" really isn't the proper place to post "off the wall" rants.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 18-5-2013 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Originally posted by Kali74

No?

Typical!

Well glad you answered that question by yourself.....

I didn't. The answer is pretty obvious by reading any thread dealing with Benghazi. There's no true outrage, only the irrational hatred of Obama, democrats, liberals and progressives... no interest in the truth. All this screaming and crying about truth, honesty and Obama should be impeached, heads should roll... are curiously in denial in this thread, or they're outright ignoring it.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I didn't. The answer is pretty obvious by reading any thread dealing with Benghazi. There's no true outrage, only the irrational hatred of Obama, democrats, liberals and progressives... no interest in the truth. All this screaming and crying about truth, honesty and Obama should be impeached, heads should roll... are curiously in denial in this thread, or they're outright ignoring it.

All I see expressed in your post, is an "irrational hatred" of those that might disagree with you. There certainly wasn't any indication that you might be interested in the truth. Therefore, that was nothing more than an excuse for YOUR denial. And, that's the truth!

See ya,
Milt
edit on 18-5-2013 by BenReclused because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join