It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans altered Benghazi emails.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

One day after The White House released 100 pages of Benghazi emails, a report has surfaced alleging that Republicans released a set with altered text.

The GOP version of Rhodes' comment, according to CBS News: "We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don't want to undermine the FBI investigation."

The White House email: "We need to resolve this in a way that respects all of the relevant equities, particularly the investigation."

Huff Post

Did a quick search and surprisingly did not find anything about this.

But why did Republicans decide to alter these emails? Could they have altered them with intentions of making the Obama administration look bad?

The article goes on to say,

The news parallels a Tuesday CNN report which initially introduced the contradiction between what was revealed in a White House Benghazi email version, versus what was reported in media outlets. On Monday, Mother Jones noted that the Republicans' interim report included the correct version of the emails, signaling that more malice and less incompetence may have been at play with the alleged alterations.

The whole "Benghazi scandal" is evaporating before our eyes. Anyone that believed that Republicans were interested in getting to the bottom of this and finding out the "truth" has been misled. They were NEVER interested in the truth. What they were interested in making the Obama administration look bad.

The only truth is that the Benghazi attack was an act of terrorism, there was no false flag and no cover up. The media decided to run with what Republicans said and a whole country was misled.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Let me get this straight...

The GOP released emails that some "source" leaked, am I correct? (I ask because I have only followed this story briefly)

Who is the "source" and what exactly did the GOP receive? Any idea?

Claiming "alteration" would indicate that the "leaked source" emails were the "same" as what the white house released and someone at the GOP changed them? Do we know what the GOP received?

Do we have confirmation of that or is it speculation?

edit on 16-5-2013 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Muse, this is just another one of your partisan posts. Obama and his administration don't need any help looking bad.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
There were a dozen different versions of the talking points memo as it went through the editing process. No one disputes that they are all authentic. The dispute here is whether the Republicans said it was the Rhodes memo, when it was someone else's in the process.

If it's true, I don't care, because they were all prepared by the White House, State, and the Security team. Giving Rhodes the credit on one memo, or Hillary, doesn't change the facts. But it does stir up controversy when the President is in a very tough spot.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
But why did Republicans decide to alter these emails? Could they have altered them with intentions of making the Obama administration look bad?

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... your not allowed to say such things on this board.

just accept its Obama's fault the sky is black at night and blue in the day and you'll do fine.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The Rhodes that is the center of discussion? He's interesting. He's the brother of CBS News' President. You remember CBS, they're the ones that started this story.

Eat it up, conspiracy theorists, this one may be real.

dailycaller.com...

Oh, and CBS is talking about firing the reporter who was considered the leader in the national media on the Benghazi story.

+5 more 
posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
The Huffington Post, and Mother Jones!!!

Oh since the White House has been 'altering' their story for the last 8 months only NOW do some people have problems with it????

Anyone want to prove those White House emails are 'authentic' in the first place???

edit on 17-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Maybe just maybe they altered them because they are also in on it. I do not draw lines between the two sides anymore because both sides are ruled by progressive filth.

This way both sides can point back and forth and nothing will come of it. We are fools for buying into this game ever single one of us. How do I know they are one in the same? One man made it all clear for anyone with a braincell bouncing around........Ron Paul. His own party attacked him why? Because he is not part of this little game.

Just look at Fox news......

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
The Huffington Post, and Mother Jones!!!

Oh since the White House has been 'altering' their story for the last 8 months only NOW do some people have problems with it????

Anyone want to prove those White House emails are 'authentic' in the first place???

edit on 17-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Can you prove they are not?

You seem desperate

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus
reply to post by muse7

Muse, this is just another one of your partisan posts. Obama and his administration don't need any help looking bad.

That changes the fact that Republicans have been altering the truth, of course!

How silly

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Nice article

So basically Republicans have made up yet another fake story to attack this president with.

Can't stop a bunch of desperate douches bags from repeating the same lies 500 times until they believe their own lies... The conservative credo
edit on 17-5-2013 by joemomma because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by joemomma

So basically Republicans have made up yet another fake story to attack this president with.
No. The e-mails were released by the White House to the press (and other people) and the press have pointed out how they have been changed through editing to remove the statements which might have been politically embarrassing to the President.

The Republicans didn't make anything up. Even the White House isn't saying the e-mails are fake, they're trying to say it doesn't matter, or whatever other story is being used.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

No. The e-mails were released by the White House to the press (and other people) and the press have pointed out how they have been changed through editing to remove the statements which might have been politically embarrassing to the President.

The Republicans didn't make anything up. Even the White House isn't saying the e-mails are fake, they're trying to say it doesn't matter, or whatever other story is being used.

So the Republicans edited the emails so as to save Obama from embarrassment? How sweet

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Dear joemomma,

Sorry if I misled you. The edits were done by the Secretarie of State and Defense, and the Intelligence agencies (who created the original), and perhaps the President, they're still looking.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Dear joemomma,

Sorry if I misled you. The edits were done by the Secretarie of State and Defense, and the Intelligence agencies (who created the original), and perhaps the President, they're still looking.

where is the link to that article?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Dear joemomma,

I didn't know how many you wanted, so I thought I'd start out with this one:
Christian Science Monitor They're usually pretty fair to mildly left.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Dear joemomma,

I didn't know how many you wanted, so I thought I'd start out with this one:
Christian Science Monitor They're usually pretty fair to mildly left.

With respect,
Charles1952

so where did Clinton edit the emails?

and Obama?

Can you quote that portion of the article?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Don't tell me you're surprised about this...
I find it absolutely believable.

reply to post by charles1952

You seem to be confusing the original "Talking points" with the release of the "Emails" that drove the changes in the talking points.
This thread charges that the EMAILS were edited by the GOP.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Where are the calls of "LIES" about the Republicans doing this?

All I see is excuses, claiming that since they think Obama has lied then this is ok for the Republicans to do.

It kind of undermines peoples disgust about "LIES" when they make excuses for their side doing it.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
would I be surpised by this?...nah....of course i'm just a...how did one right-winger put it??......"an Obama shill that thinks the president is the messiah"...by the way, these are the same e-mails that were released to the house months ago, but now, Obama made them public.

you know, I think the republicans are like those people that see a dollar bill on the street, look around to see if anyone is watching, reaches down to pick it up, and, whamo!.....a democrat with a fishing reel with the line attached to the bill, jerks it away, and quickly reels it in. and it keeps happening over and over, along the same street, for block after block.
edit on 17-5-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join